Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 10:26 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1BAD4X4
I was looking through the recent Four Wheeler magazine and saw a little section where they higlight up and coming parts/accessories... they talked about the Adrenaline in there and said that the gains are claimed to be as much as 180 hp and 420 ft lbs.... if thats true whos freaking truck was that on?? Because it surely wasn't a stock or close to stock(i.e. mine). Again if thats true... Edge, Smarty, and the rest better step it up.
With the comp files, the Adrenaline dynoed 180hp on a stock truck. Quad hasn't released those files yet. The Smarty is a programmer & can't get more power without a wire tap, it is by far the baddest programmer available. It can only be compared to Superchips, hypertech & they don't even compare to Smarty.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i can't wait to get the comp files back.. oh god that will be fun on these roads. i can spin all 4 right now at any speed!
Old 01-19-2008, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by J Lent
With the comp files, the Adrenaline dynoed 180hp on a stock truck. Quad hasn't released those files yet. The Smarty is a programmer & can't get more power without a wire tap, it is by far the baddest programmer available. It can only be compared to Superchips, hypertech & they don't even compare to Smarty.

Wow... I mean, WOW. I knew this thing was badass by the way it made my truck feel. And now I find out about these "comp files". When I asked on competitiondiesel if anyone had dynoed the beta box a guy replied saying the improvements were similar to that of an edge box... true so far with current files?
Old 01-19-2008, 04:49 PM
Chapter President

Took mine out today with the new file for about two hours on the freeway. Surging still an issue at highway speeds on ANY power level. Not bad, but just annoying. TT works flawlessly. Never got to the point of defueling, wife and or traffic issues. Still pulls like a scalded cheetah though.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1BAD4X4
Wow... I mean, WOW. I knew this thing was badass by the way it made my truck feel. And now I find out about these "comp files". When I asked on competitiondiesel if anyone had dynoed the beta box a guy replied saying the improvements were similar to that of an edge box... true so far with current files?
Quad hasn't released the new files yet, they are talking about the old files & those files surged so bad that you couldn't use them.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:06 PM
Banned

I towed the truck 20miles today & all I can say is WOW!!!!! This thing is unreal, no egt issues at all. I was towing on PL10 & on a long hill the gauge would hit 1400* then quickly fade down to 1250* & stay there. I am in love with this box, never thought I'd be able to tow on PL10, but it is no problem at all. The truck takes off so fast, the turbo spools instantly & it is gone. Great job quad, you hit a homerun with this box!!!!!
Old 01-19-2008, 05:51 PM

Whens this thing getting released to the public?
I know perfection will take time but i think it would be a smart idea on Quads part to get it released by the start of drag/sled season. People like me get cabin fever and get the itch to get out there and run 'em.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:47 PM

I was towing on PL10 & on a long hill the gauge would hit 1400* then quickly fade down to 1250* & stay there.

Jamie, I thought this new program had defueling set to 1250??? Must be your injectors taking you past there??
Old 01-19-2008, 09:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
I was towing on PL10 & on a long hill the gauge would hit 1400* then quickly fade down to 1250* & stay there.

Jamie, I thought this new program had defueling set to 1250??? Must be your injectors taking you past there??
It does defuel, but in 1% increments. I take off so fast with a lot of fuel & it takes it some time to catch up I guess. When I said that I was gonna run it hard, I meant it. I had the pedal pegged on PL10 & it kept up well, only saw 1400* briefly & it went down to 1250* fast. I was set on PL03 for a while & couldn't get egts above 1100*. I know one thing, this box likes a loaded truck. It feels stronger with a load than when running empty. I will know more once I get the skidsteer loaded on this thing, but as of now, I am overwhelmed by the performance of this box.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:44 AM

first and foremost, GREAT JOB QUAD! i finally got a chance to upload the new file off the website to the box and i love it! my truck had all the issues, no fueling above PL02, turbo timer being wierd, rough high idle, wicked surging. all of that is nearly gone now! this new tune pulls really hard and is incredibly smooth, what i have noticed is right at 1750-1800 RPM where the surge used to be it feels like the box advances a level or something, right at that point it seems like it adds just a little fuel, kinda like if you pressed the accel button while in cruise control. this is very slight and might be the reason the surge is almost gone. it will still surge if i try really hard to make it on PL10, it seems like it either surges or accelerates slightly. i havent seen any defueling on this tune, in my case this is not a problem but i hit 1600 last night beating up on a ferd so i dont know if the defueling is not catching up or if it just isnt there. i will test this more, quad let me know if you want some solid numbers/times/issues and i will find a long stretch of road. its kind of hard to test this because this box fuels so hard i am well into the "bout to go to jail" speedzone by the time i get some good data. turbo timer works perfectly and now shuts off with the accelerator as advertised. my only issue with it is i cant arm my alarm system while it is in turbo timer mode.. i have to wait for the truck to shut off. again, thanks quad this is by far the best tune i have recieved and keep up the good work!!
Old 01-20-2008, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by lotero
..wicked surging. all of that is nearly gone now! this new tune pulls really hard and is incredibly smooth..... it will still surge if i try really hard to make it on PL10...
I'm confused how our experiences of surging can be so different. Perhaps Injector size? (you don't list yours).
My Truck still surges on PL#2 or higher, below 1800 when holding a speed or under light acceleration. It's very irritating. To be totally fair, I can get a fueling shudder... or surge... from just my injectors, with Adrenaline OFF, if I lug the engine below 1500 rpm! The adrenaline just ups the lower rpm limit at which I can hold a cruise speed.

RJ
Old 01-20-2008, 12:11 PM

My only issue with it is i can't arm my alarm system while it is in turbo timer mode.. i have to wait for the truck to shut off.

Luis, this new tunes is so good except I see your running into problems with your alarm too. Mine is doing the same thing. I lock my doors manually as I get out just in case I forget to arm the truck later. My alarm goes off after the 2 minutes too if I arm it right away. I hope quad puts a file out with NO Turbo Timer?? Maybe we will be able to controll this with the Commander??? If there was no TT, my truck would work flawlessly but it doesn't like my alarm/remore starter system very well. I went back to the file that has a high idle due to the rescent cold snap here and it's working 100% except for the surging which I don't see because it's too cold and slippery here to put the hammer down. Hopefully well see a high idle enabled file around the corner?
Old 01-20-2008, 02:02 PM

We just need a turbo timer that shuts off with the throttle only and not the brake. Thats the way my old chip use to be and I never had any trouble setting my remote start. I needed to have the e-brake on and hit the brake and then its set and turn the key off. If my egts were low enough the truck would shut off with the key. If the truck was still too warm it would just keep running until it was cool enough but it will still be in reservation mode. By having the turbo timer kill with only the throttle there will be no trouble with the remote start. Also I would only use the chips turbo timer and not the remote start's turbo timer.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:09 PM

[QUOTE=bigd450;1900736]We just need a turbo timer that shuts off with the throttle only and not the brake.

Good thinking on that one, that would be the way to go too. Bigd450, what color of truck do you drive as I see you are from town?
Old 01-20-2008, 08:54 PM

i have the turbo timer alarm issue as well. my remote has a 3 mile range though so i just wait till it turns off on the screen then i arm it.

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....