Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
J lent had a chance to tow with the new box yet? RowJ 11.3 and 11.9 sec. from 70-100mph did i read that right. That seems like a long time.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:23 PM

xtoyz17
I'm not sure all trucks are quite the same with the temp gauge, but the Adrenaline started working just as the needle reached the first mark after the 140 (or the low end of the temp gauge half way between 140 and 190) so I don't think you will have any problems. BTW it's only 2 degrees here currently.
mishkaya
Old 01-18-2008, 05:25 PM

Got the new software installed today, I finally have fueling past PL02 once again! There is a slight surge between 1800 and 2100 rpm still, but definitely manageable, otherwise everything seems to be working great, and this is with the old hardware.
mishkaya
Old 01-18-2008, 05:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The new control pod has new hardware that flashes 00 if you display the power level or try to change it. Once temp is up, it then fuels, adds timing, etc. On my truck, Adrenaline starts to fuel just as the needle gets off the left hash mark on the center operating range box. I'd guess closer to 165* on my rig.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:11 PM

I'm beginning to notice an odd pattern with the new box...about every 8-10th shut down the TT doesn't work, I start the truck back up immediately and it works just fine when shutting down again...I've gone over all the connections several times and have found nothing loose and my pump wire is soldered and sealed...(I'm careful not to touch the accelerator during shutdown until I want the TT off)
Old 01-18-2008, 07:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by csrosenberry
...RowJ 11.3 and 11.9 sec. from 70-100mph did i read that right. That seems like a long time.
Correct...... PL02, Just for testing comparison.

RJ
Old 01-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by xtoyz17
Isn't that sorta high? I know most of the winter my trucks temp needle is a bit to the left of the 190 mark, or is it really that inaccurate?
The commander will have a adjustment that lets you set the temp that you wish for the fueling to start.
J lent had a chance to tow with the new box yet?
Not yet & I'm getting upset about it too, I really want to try towing with this box. I can tell it is gonna be great towing. I'm still waiting for a engineer to give us the drawings for our next project. I've been working on my truck changing balljoints, vacuum lines, installed a Airdog, changed all fluids, trying to make sure that it is ready to get a good workout.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:17 PM
BBA

Originally Posted by swmnkdinthervr
I'm beginning to notice an odd pattern with the new box...about every 8-10th shut down the TT doesn't work, I start the truck back up immediately and it works just fine when shutting down again...I've gone over all the connections several times and have found nothing loose and my pump wire is soldered and sealed...(I'm careful not to touch the accelerator during shutdown until I want the TT off)

mine is the same way but everytime it does stay running like its supposed to it shuts down like it should......does the new box that was sent out have high idle because I know mine doesn't or it isn't working.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:43 PM
Banned

Quad, will the Commander have a recall feature for max values of all the parameters?

Thanks
Old 01-18-2008, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by BBA
mine is the same way but everytime it does stay running like its supposed to it shuts down like it should......does the new box that was sent out have high idle because I know mine doesn't or it isn't working.
No high idle in this new box with this tune...it's the same tune as on the website. When my TT stays on as it should I have no troubles shutting it down with the accelerator...
Old 01-18-2008, 10:55 PM

I installed the new box and tuning file today.
- Turbo timer has worked perfect every shutdown and the break pedal kills it every time.
- Surging has improved but is still noticeable, especially under 1700 rpm. When I am driving around empty I usually shift at about 2000 rpm so that drops me to around 1400 for the next gear and surging is really noticeable at that rpm with light throttle.
- I am not seeing a noticeable seat of the pants difference from PL03-PL10. Maybe the original tuning file just spoiled me.
- Warm up mode works great.

Quad, on a side note, the new box and control pod corrected my EGT problem of constantly reading 1832*

Len
Old 01-18-2008, 10:58 PM

Looks like I need a new box all I get is pl00 and when I go to look at any of the gauges I get 9999 and the chip has power going into the harness plug.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by swmnkdinthervr
UPDATE on the earlier issue...it seems that now on occasion the truck won't shut down and I need to unplug the box to do so, when starting the truck immediately after the box acts as if it was on the previous tune (V300) with no available power levels and a "CEL" with the TT working...shut the truck down and start it again immediately and everything returns to normal...again all the connections are tight. This has happened a couple of times since I posted yesterday...
Old 01-19-2008, 09:40 AM
Banned

J lent had a chance to tow with the new box yet? .
I'm heading out in a little while to pick up a 77 chevy 3/4 ton pickup on my 24ft Skid Steer trailer. I am happy to get to try this box out for the first time without the surging, gonna crank it up & see how the defueling works. I know the load isn't comparable to my Skid Steer, but I am just happy to try this box out. Let ya know how it does.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:08 AM

I was looking through the recent Four Wheeler magazine and saw a little section where they higlight up and coming parts/accessories... they talked about the Adrenaline in there and said that the gains are claimed to be as much as 180 hp and 420 ft lbs.... if thats true whos freaking truck was that on?? Because it surely wasn't a stock or close to stock(i.e. mine). Again if thats true... Edge, Smarty, and the rest better step it up.

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....