Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't wait to here on your towing tests J Lent having the new box and all.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:13 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by csrosenberry
Can't wait to here on your towing tests J Lent having the new box and all.
I'm off work again tomorrow waiting on drawings from a engineer. I can't wait either.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:48 PM

You can keep your analog gauges if you want. You might have to do a little engineering to make stuff like trans temp, fuel pressure and egt all work together or put multiple probes in??

You will not really be able to adjust tunes with the Commander but, you will be able to adjust features. You can turn certain features on and off like high idle or warm up. You can adjust warm up and defueling right on the Commander as well.

Also the Commander that is going in will take place of the Control Pod. It uses the same port to connect and that is the only connection needed for the Commander.

This Commander version does a lot more than previous version with tons of availabl parameters.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:06 PM

Awesome thats great thanks for the quick reply. When you say adjust warm up what do you mean? I don't think you mean the high idle right you mean when the fueling is alowed to kick in.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:02 PM

i do have a question i know that this box defuels on egts. does it also defuel based on boost say i want to only see 45psi can i set it up so it wont see more than that.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by seabee
i do have a question i know that this box defuels on egts. does it also defuel based on boost say i want to only see 45psi can i set it up so it wont see more than that.
Not right now, they said they may do boost defueling later on. I asked the same question.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:23 PM

Can this box be run on its own with out all the gauges installed? Like a drag comp. I just got all my analog gauges installed and dont want to replace them or do new probes...
Old 01-14-2008, 09:40 PM

When you say adjust warm up what do you mean?
It means you can set the cold engine protection to whatever temp you want or you can turn it off from the Commander.

I don't think you mean the high idle right you mean when the fueling is alowed to kick in.
You can turn the high idle on and off and set how long the high idle delay is.

does it also defuel based on boost say i want to only see 45psi can i set it up so it wont see more than that.
Yes, you can do that with the Commander. With the regular Adrenaline you will need to download a different file so that it does de-fueling based on boost as well.

Can this box be run on its own with out all the gauges installed? Like a drag comp. I just got all my analog gauges installed and dont want to replace them or do new probes...
Yes, but some of the features will not work. You will not be able to use egt de-fueling or set the turbo timer based on egt. It will still do more than a drag comp in the fact that you still have a turbo timer, you can set de-fueling based on boost and you still have cold engine protection though.

Also, as a side note we are contemplating having a download that will allow the Control Pod to show different parameters other than EGT, Trans, Boost and Fuel Pressure for those that do not want to hook anything up. Something like, IAT, Batt Volts, Load and De-fueling % or something of that nature???

The overlay will still read wrong but, we can show you what will be displayed where.

Valid or too confusing?
Old 01-14-2008, 09:45 PM

hey quad,,,,,,,,just wondering on the studder thing you have apparently fixed with the adr.box,,,is it anything that would help on the xzt??....thanks,,bama
Old 01-14-2008, 09:55 PM

Also, as a side note we are contemplating having a download that will allow the Control Pod to show different parameters other than EGT, Trans, Boost and Fuel Pressure for those that do not want to hook anything up. Something like, IAT, Batt Volts, Load and De-fueling % or something of that nature???

The overlay will still read wrong but, we can show you what will be displayed where.

Valid or too confusing?
I would say that as long as you keep it uniform for all settings (for example----boost=IAT, EGT=batt. volts, fuel press.=load%, etc.) and all modules/displays that it shouldn't be to bad. The people that don't use that feature might be confused, but the ones that run it for that reason should be able to figure it out.
My apologies on the answer for the boost de-fueling, I was told recently that would not be an option until furthrer down the road after the Adrenaline was put into production and new/custom tunes were available.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by bama
hey quad,,,,,,,,just wondering on the studder thing you have apparently fixed with the adr.box,,,is it anything that would help on the xzt??....thanks,,bama
Perhaps the shudder is not coming strictly from the box or big injectors, but the Adrenaline causes shudder because it takes inputs from the various engine sensors which are perhaps dirty or out of adjustment (APPS) or something to that nature. I am assuming the Adrenaline was initially tested on trucks with clean, working sensors and the beta crowd is running what was already in the truck--which worked but not as well as the Adrenaline needs.

Just thinking out loud.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:08 PM

Quad, my new box is working as advertised. Thanks. It is serial number 204. You sent a new control pod with it. If the pod that I had looks exactly the same, do I need to swap it out? I would like to save the work for the Commander.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:22 PM

Ok chips been good up until today. No added power over pl02. Checked pumped tap messed around with it seems to be all good. Now I noticed tonight when I got hom that even turning the chip on 1 idleing it would run like a small block with a cam. I called justin he said to try to update it also tried that same result. Fuel pressure is a rock solid 20 psi and no codes. What gives? TIA
Old 01-14-2008, 11:34 PM

I just replaced my MAP, AIT and APPS. I'll tell ya if there are any problems!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 06:37 AM

Ok truck was still hunting this morning so I shut it down and unplugged the ip tap and the truck still hunts but not as bad. Even with the chip on run the idle is still a little funky. I'm confused all other connections ok.

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....