Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 07:40 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hink
To the guys that say the high idle doesn't work--did you know that it had to be on PL00?? ??
Yeah, that is where I had it. You can't turn it above PL00 until the truck hits 170*.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, I just thought I'd throw it out there just in case. I must have been the only that didn't know it had to be on PL00 to work. Well, anyway, I'm glad to hear that Quad got some of ur guys' problems fixed.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:02 AM

To the guys that say the high idle doesn't work--did you know that it had to be on PL00?? Not tryin to be a smart ****, but I didn't know it until Justin told me 2 weeks after I had my box.
To the guys with rough idle when using the high idle--Is it an actual rough idle?? Mine surges when the grid heaters kick in and out, but other than that, it idles fairly smooth. I'm just wunderin cause I thought that I've heard mine sound a little spuratic a few times, but I was inside the house and couldn't tell for sure.I don't think so, but I haven't actually tried it. Might have to try that 2morrow. Same here. If you go above or below that, it goes away, right??
Hink, my rough idle actually sounds like a hammering when it's around 1200rpm but no fix for me yet. That's why my Adrenaline has been disconnected until I get a fix or a new box? I have a feeling that the hammering can't be good for the VP44 and Mach 4's!!!
Old 01-13-2008, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
Hink, my rough idle actually sounds like a hammering when it's around 1200rpm but no fix for me yet. That's why my Adrenaline has been disconnected until I get a fix or a new box? I have a feeling that the hammering can't be good for the VP44 and Mach 4's!!!
Why not just shut the high idle off and not use it??
Old 01-13-2008, 11:18 AM
Banned

I think quad is sending a few boxes out to test & then if all is well, we will all get the updated software. It wouldn't make sense to ship out 100+ boxes & realize that the software still doesn't fix the issues.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Big Blue24
Just a select few will get a new box right now. This is a "hardware" change so that different "software" could be programed and ran for 98.5-early 01 trucks.
Ok, I am on my cell phone so it is hard to read everything but, there is a couple of things I can answer.

What was sent out is a replica of the proposed "production" module. Obviously there will be a ton of downloads for various things.

Because of this the modules were sent out without high idle enabled. This is a feature that can be downloaded later or turned on and off with the Commander. So for those of you that say high idle does not work, that is perfect!

I have also been able to reproduce the slight surge or shutter. It is hard to find and I have to force myself to get to that spot. I can get rid of it all together but, I do not want to loose any throttle response and I think that 99% of the people won't notice it.

I also think the turbo timer will be fine. Some trucks just have a slight power surge when the ignition goes off. We made changes to accomodate this but, it could still have a slight surge on some trucks. Once again I think 99% of the trucks will be fine.

We will be doing an exchange for all the beta testers. On the control pod we need to do a software update so the power levels read correct. The modules need 3 small "glue" parts changed. We will swap as many out as we can immediately and others may have to send theirs in as we do not have enough stock to swap everyone immediately. We are making the changes in house so it should be a fast turn.

Once everyone gets this "production" model and we are not having issues we will ship the Adrenaline to dealers.

The Commander is done and functioning. We should be ready to send them out in about 3weeks for testing.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:07 PM

Why not just shut the high idle off and not use it??
It still hammers around 1200 rpm's regardless of high idle or normal driving but there should be a fix coming. It only hammers on PL01-PL10, not on PL00. Either a software change but it sounds like a box change. I'm sure that's all it is. Leaving it on PL00 to prevent this hammering just makes everything boring, that's why I'm running the Comp again. Just don't want to wreck anything. How's your guy's fuel perssure readings? Does anybody's drop to around 2psi on WOT and bounce up to 12psi and back to 2psi with their FASS??
Old 01-13-2008, 12:40 PM

It still hammers around 1200 rpm's regardless of high idle or normal driving but there should be a fix coming. It only hammers on PL01-PL10, not on PL00. Either a software change but it sounds like a box change. I'm sure that's all it is. Leaving it on PL00 to prevent this hammering just makes everything boring, that's why I'm running the Comp again. Just don't want to wreck anything. How's your guy's fuel perssure readings? Does anybody's drop to around 2psi on WOT and bounce up to 12psi and back to 2psi with their FASS??
I guess that's what I was wunderin, if it did it all the time. That's odd. Oh well, sounds like Quad is well on the way for a fix on these problems.
My fuel pressure reads 1-2psi lower than my mechanical gauge (with NO isolator) depending on throttle input. Works pretty smoothly otherwise.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:42 PM

We will be doing an exchange for all the beta testers. On the control pod we need to do a software update so the power levels read correct. The modules need 3 small "glue" parts changed. We will swap as many out as we can immediately and others may have to send theirs in as we do not have enough stock to swap everyone immediately. We are making the changes in house so it should be a fast turn.
So do we just send it in at our convenience or do we wait to here from you before we send it in?
Old 01-13-2008, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla

Because of this the modules were sent out without high idle enabled. This is a feature that can be downloaded later or turned on and off with the Commander. So for those of you that say high idle does not work, that is perfect!
Considering that...this box IS perfect...I really have to go hunting for the surge too and its absolutely seamless when the TT comes on! (I couldn't remember if Justin said the high idle was programed in or not )

Thanks for all your efforts...I'm really looking forward to the Commander!!!
Old 01-13-2008, 01:58 PM

i don't have a fass or anything but i watched my fuel pressure drop to 4psi once and it was summer diesel gelling up on me, changed the filter, added some conditioner and away i went. its working flawless for me. it will NOT drop below 10 at WOT. my program (old style) does not have high idle enabled i'm pretty sure cause i can't get it to work, i have a high idle on a switch to 1400 and i get no hammering or anything its smooth. and i'm pretty sure we have the same boxes as we both got them back to back. the only thing i did was update teh software that quad sent me.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by IntakeRacing
i don't have a fass or anything but i watched my fuel pressure drop to 4psi once and it was summer diesel gelling up on me, changed the filter, added some conditioner and away i went. its working flawless for me. it will NOT drop below 10 at WOT. my program (old style) does not have high idle enabled i'm pretty sure cause i can't get it to work, i have a high idle on a switch to 1400 and i get no hammering or anything its smooth. and i'm pretty sure we have the same boxes as we both got them back to back. the only thing i did was update teh software that quad sent me.
How's Nelson treating ya? I'm waiting on some new FASS filters as I have the 95 series. I'm sure it's a winter diesel thing because it's never done that before. Just waiting for a fix for my Adrenaline but that's what it's all about.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:20 PM
BBA

Hey quad if your still wanting me to come down I should be able to make it this tuesday. So Just let me know what ya want me to do.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:16 PM
Banned

Great news quad!!! I am happy to here the high idle wasn't in this tune because I was worried it wouldn't work at all. Justin told me it was enabled. Let me know when you want me to send in the old beta box & I'll get it shipped out. Thanks
Old 01-13-2008, 05:38 PM

Hey quad and or beta testers. Will the commander eliminate the recon or will both be in the truck? Sounds like we will be able to keep our mechanical guages as well, am I right about this? And to those who want to and keep the mechanical guages on the pillar how do you plan on mounting the new commander it seems as though they only sell a mount that goes on the pillar. I've already paid for my mechanical guages and I really like the look of them I paid extra to get ones that I liked the look of, and can't seem to part with them. And one more question for those who know more and or keep up on this more than I it sounds like the commander will allow changes of the defuel options from in the truck like switching from 1150 to tow with and then adjust from in the truck to 1300 for playing. Is my assumption correct? It also seems like we will be able to adjust the tunes from there almost like having all the available fueling stored and being able to select what we want to run instead of going back and forth to the computer. I have no problem doing that as this will be an awesome box, but imagine being able to do it in the truck. WOW! And then be able to change tt, warm up features and high idle WOW WOW WOW!!! Quad I don't have one of these boxes yet but your options are everything that I want and beter, and yet there all in one combined product. Sweet! can't wait to get mine and want to say thanks to all the beta testers keeping everyone updated and for using your trucks as a platform for quad to come out with an unbeleiveable product. Thanks Chris

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....