Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by J Lent
He got the kinks figured out for 98.5-00 trucks & found a software issue. My new box just arrived today, gonna install it now & post the results tonight. He is addressing the TT issue, high idle & surging with this software.
sweet! we had the same symptoms so hopefully your results are good! im sure they will be...
Old 01-11-2008, 02:04 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lotero
sweet! we had the same symptoms so hopefully your results are good! im sure they will be...
I got it installed right after I posted & took it for a ride, sorry it took so long, but I had to swap out the recon monitor also as changes to it have been made too. The surging is gone although you could feel a slight hickup once in a while at 1800rpm, but nothing that bothers me any & when I say slight I mean slight like hardly noticeable. The new box has a protection feature where it doesn't fuel until the coolant temp reaches 170*, until then the PL00 flashes on the screen. great feature!
The power is equal to the previous software, but way smoother since the shudder is gone. The TT is awesome, smooth as glass & cancels out by hitting the go pedal. The high idle still won't work on my truck, but I think it is because of the old Smarty high idle overriding it & although smarty has been returned to stock, it still left the high idle engaged. I love this box & I'm sure that you all will as well. Quadzilla Rocks!!!!
Old 01-11-2008, 02:22 PM

GREAT NEWS!!!!!
Old 01-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lotero
GREAT NEWS!!!!!
Tell me about it. It was sooooo worth the wait. The power comes on smoother than any other box I've tried. It was hard to tell at points before because the surging was so bad on higher levels, but it is super smooth now. I think it feels stronger than the one on the website on upper levels & it smokes more now, about equal to my Drag comp. I called Justin to ask about the High idle not working, but he was on the other line. I am not sweating the high idle, everything else is working great! I am smelling stage 2 getting near.
Old 01-11-2008, 02:58 PM

Excellent news. I'll be bummed if the Factory High Idle feature is the issue. I'll voluteer to take minie into the dealer and get it cleared to see if it actually is the culprit. I' gotta take it in to do a tranny flush anyways. I'll see if I can't talk them into removing it for free.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cspotrun
Excellent news. I'll be bummed if the Factory High Idle feature is the issue. I'll voluteer to take minie into the dealer and get it cleared to see if it actually is the culprit. I' gotta take it in to do a tranny flush anyways. I'll see if I can't talk them into removing it for free.
That would be great info, I honestly think this is the problem. Let us know if it changes it.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Chapter President

The new box has a protection feature where it doesn't fuel until the coolant temp reaches 170*, until then the PL00 flashes on the screen. great feature!
That would be awesome for me too. I know at least for me I don't even turn mine on until I see the temps rise. I can't afford any unwanted mishaps. I have learned from all my hotrod both Harley and car days that cold engines and high performance do not mix.
Terry
Old 01-11-2008, 03:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wurkenman
That would be awesome for me too. I know at least for me I don't even turn mine on until I see the temps rise. I can't afford any unwanted mishaps. I have learned from all my hotrod both Harley and car days that cold engines and high performance do not mix.
Terry
Yeah, I had to call Justin when it happened because the PL00 was flashing & I thought something was wrong.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:45 PM
Banned

I can't wait to go back to work & tow with this box, It is gonna be awesome. I've been off for the last 2 days due to rain & I'm getting anxious to try this thing.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:23 PM

Good to hear they got ya fixed up JLent.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:27 PM

I just received my new box this evening and tried it out right away. So far things are looking great. The tt turns off with the gas pedal and it has all kinds of fueling above P02 (my poor clutch). Now I just need to let my truck cool off before checking on the other features. Qzilla, your PM box is full.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:03 PM

He got the kinks figured out for 98.5-00 trucks & found a software issue. My new box just arrived today, gonna install it now & post the results tonight. He is addressing the TT issue, high idle & surging with this software.
Just got home and guess what I found...the new box is here!!! I'll be usin' a tank of fuel tomorrow!!!
Old 01-11-2008, 09:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by swmnkdinthervr
Just got home and guess what I found...the new box is here!!! I'll be usin' a tank of fuel tomorrow!!!
You are gonna love it! Let us know if your high idle works. Have you run a Smarty in the past?
Old 01-12-2008, 05:44 AM

You are gonna love it! Let us know if your high idle works. Have you run a Smarty in the past?
I bought the truck with 77k on the clock in Dec '05 (160k now) but have no reason/indication to believe that the past owner did any mods and I haven't tried a Smarty either...I'll know in about an hour if the high idle is gonna work! I'm really lookin' forward to this new box/tune...is the defueling set up in this tune?
Old 01-12-2008, 07:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by swmnkdinthervr
I bought the truck with 77k on the clock in Dec '05 (160k now) but have no reason/indication to believe that the past owner did any mods and I haven't tried a Smarty either...I'll know in about an hour if the high idle is gonna work! I'm really lookin' forward to this new box/tune...is the defueling set up in this tune?
Glad to hear that you haven't tried Smarty. This will tell me if the smarty high idle is cancelling the Adrenaline high idle out.

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....