Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does #9 fuse power have an ill effect? Are we supose to use a different one?
Old 12-31-2007, 07:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Was trying to say you SHOULD use #9!
Problems seem to arise if it's not used.

RJ
Old 12-31-2007, 07:46 PM

Oh good, that's the one I'm on. Happy New Year Years to all of you guys.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by paulb
Anyone else having problems with the Adrenaline "locking up", and just displaying 9's? I am also having the low power problem, but mine is an 02...

Paul
I had mine display all 9's when I pulled the fuse to stop the turbo timer. The fuse touched something and ended up blowing. I didn't realize it and pluged it back in. That is when I got all 9's. Maybe you have a bad connection?
Old 01-02-2008, 01:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is on #9, and the power connection still check out at the box, even when it displays 9's. I raced yesterday, so last weekend I switched back to the Redline and drag comp, because I didn't want to try racing with the Adrenaline locking up. I left the Adrenaline hooked to the two power connections, the ground, the fuel pressure sensor, and the EGT probe. The map, CAN bus, and pump tap were not connected. Hooked up this way the Adrenaline monitor still displays the fuel pressure and EGT's. I drove the pickup for three days this way without a problem. After the first round of eliminations, I noticed that the Adrenaline was displaying 9's, and did for the rest of the day. It sat over night and it's now working again. Weird...

Paul
Old 01-02-2008, 02:44 PM
JIT

Im beginning to think One tune is not going to work for everyone! I pulled the Adrenaline off my '01 truck and installed it on my '02 and it is working exactly the way it should with surging barely noticable! Yet on the '01 it was not fueling above PL02 and it was surging to hard for daily driving.

I know that Edge has different tunes for different year trucks and even though we are all using the VP44, I think there is a valid reason for this! On my Juice w/att you have to select what year truck you have as well. It seems like Quad has us all running the same tunes and it will work for some but not for others. Maybe I am wrong but it seems weird that we are all experiencing different issues with different tunes!

What do you guys think?
Old 01-02-2008, 03:41 PM

i think that is exactly what is happening.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:41 PM

Good thinking!!!
Old 01-02-2008, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by JIT
Im beginning to think One tune is not going to work for everyone! I pulled the Adrenaline off my '01 truck and installed it on my '02 and it is working exactly the way it should with surging barely noticable! Yet on the '01 it was not fueling above PL02 and it was surging to hard for daily driving.

I know that Edge has different tunes for different year trucks and even though we are all using the VP44, I think there is a valid reason for this! On my Juice w/att you have to select what year truck you have as well. It seems like Quad has us all running the same tunes and it will work for some but not for others. Maybe I am wrong but it seems weird that we are all experiencing different issues with different tunes!

What do you guys think?

No, the problem is that the software for some of the older trucks is not working properly.

The Adrenaline looks at everything when you start it up and makes a decision based on what year model it is as to what all it looks for.

This is why on some trucks the TPS and the Brake pedal are not working properly.

We have this issue solved but, now we are trying to finish up the whole software.

In the future you may see different loads for 98-00, 01 and 02 but, we are trying to make it so that is not so.

Hang tight, the next version should be kickin! We learned a lot in beta testing so far and I am pretty sure this next revision will be awesome!
Old 01-02-2008, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla

Hang tight, the next version should be kickin! We learned a lot in beta testing so far and I am pretty sure this next revision will be awesome!
I'm hangin' Quad...I'm guessin' everyone is a little antsy in anticipation...I really appreciate all your hard work!!!
Old 01-02-2008, 06:04 PM

I am a little ansy too.

I need a 98-00 truck here at my facility if anyone has one. I need to test a couple of things. I will make it worth your while.

I will also be making a post about it on the main forum.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:08 PM

Well I've got one of them, but I'm probably nowhere's near you....

p.s. I filled out a beta test form too
Old 01-02-2008, 06:11 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by qzilla

I cant wait. I find it hard to believe that we can get a lot more out of these things. This thing rocks as is. Thanks for all your effort.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
Does #9 fuse power have an ill effect? Are we supose to use a different one?

RE: #9
I hate those fuse taps. Fuses never seat properly with them.
Look for the lowermost wiring bundle, wrapped in fiberglass woven insulation underneath the column. Cut it open, should be three blue wires and 5 or so other ones. The black w/green is #9. I soldered right in.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:33 PM

Pretty sweet that the Adrenaline can figure out what year the truck is!!! Keep up the great job Qzilla, can't wait.

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....