Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 01 fueling very well with the V330 but nothing like the old comp file!!!
Old 12-18-2007, 10:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I cannot feel a difference between level 2 and any other higher levels. I also have a 99 and have updated to beta 300 tune. That said, level 2 on the v300 tune feels nearly as powerful as level 3 or 4 on the juice, Quad must have some serious bottom to mid level fueling hit via the can bus to make my truck feel so strong without much wire tap input of fuel.

Also can't get this box to smoke out intersections like I could with the HOT Juice when I purposely lugged it with accelerator on the floor.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:34 PM

Oh, almost forgot, when I turn my truck off, key fast or slow, truck nearly dies then surges hard as it catches itself to go into turbo timer mode. Just to compare, with the Juice turbo timer, you could not tell that key had been turned off when it's turbo timer kicked in, the truck would just purr like when the key was on. Neither Clutch, Brake, Accelerator, or E-brake, or any combination of the four will shut off truck before the 20 second turbo timer.

It would be great to have an egt based turbo timer, set to 350* or so, with a timed automatic shut down after a few minutes if target egt is not yet reached.

On my truck, there is no sign of surging in the least bit. There were times with the edge juice that it would surge a touch at 1100 rpm, high gear, low speed and too much throttle. But one would expect a vehicle to surge under those conditions. Quad, your Adrenaline has made my idle smoother, take off smoke less, eliminated all surge under any conditions. My hat's off to you Quad, for driveability, the Adrenaline is better than the "smooth" edge modules. Mid range is better than anything I've tried. Top end will have to be determined later when race tunes become available.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:45 PM

lent,

I am still running the stock clutch. POOR clutch. To make matter worse, I got the 0216 code today. Time to get that vp44 before a clutch and new tires. The list gets bigger and bigger.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:06 AM

My 01 is not fueling on the V300 tune and the turbo timer will not shut off with either pedal. There must be a difference in the ECM between the 01s and 02s? I am just trying to learn all of the differences.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:16 AM

man it is so crazy the different reactions between different trucks running the same program... I have a HUGE difference in power between 2 and 3 and a noticable difference between ALL power levels... I never have any issue with the TT, never have any issue with rough idle, surging with the 300 is all but gone (attribute the little that remains to the mach 6.5s)

quad any insight to the differences? are the computers from these trucks really that different??
Old 12-19-2007, 06:29 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by voyles
lent,

I am still running the stock clutch. POOR clutch. To make matter worse, I got the 0216 code today. Time to get that vp44 before a clutch and new tires. The list gets bigger and bigger.
Man, that sucks. 0216 at christmas time. Sorry
Old 12-19-2007, 06:46 PM

I loaded up the tune off Quads website, turbo timer took like 3 min to shut off. Could not kill it with any pedal. I could blow more smoke with it. Definitely had more power on higher levels.... felt like wire tap was working, high idle kicked in.. first time ever for my truck, problem was It would not go back to a normal idle unless I put the truck on a different level. In fact, after driving for several minutes, turned back to level 0 and immediately idle came up to 1000 RPM. By the way Quad, on my rig, your high idle feature purrs so smoothly it seems as if my truck was designed to idle at 1K. Downside was on other levels, my truck got that irratic idle that have talked about. Not terribly bad banging, just a lot of up and down 100 rpm or so and a miss now and then.

Beta 300 is by far the smoothest on power delivery for me, I just hate an automatic turbo timer, wish it could be based on egt instead. I can definitely feel the lack of pump stretch on this tune, I have yet to get egt's high enough to test out the defueling and I'm about as overfueled as they come with stock turbo and hot jammer 5's. Anyway, come saturday, I'm gonna put 800 miles on this beta 300 tune through the mountains of Utah ID, MT, and WA, I can't wait to see what kind of mileage numbers I can come up with.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:47 PM
Banned

BIGBLUE24, the high idle should shut down by touching the brake pedal or go pedal. It does on mine, but idles back up if I let it sit for 2 minutes.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:06 PM

Hmmmm?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-5-...spagenameZWDVW

Side note: What are the built in gauges like?
Old 12-19-2007, 09:02 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by xtoyz17
Hmmmm?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-5-...spagenameZWDVW

Side note: What are the built in gauges like?
That's what i was wondering. Is it legit and for sale now?
Old 12-20-2007, 12:15 AM

I tried everything and it was as if level zero was a constant high idle at 1K rpm, turn up to level one and idle back down to 800 ish, turn down to zero and immediately idle up to 1K. Weird. Also noticed that after truck was up to operating temp, truck started surging at idle, got really lopey etc on level 1 and up, but put it down to zero and idle up from lopey surgy 800 to smooth 1K.

Power was definitely equal to the Juice. I still can't believe how hard the lower midrange hits with such little smoke out the tailpipe.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:18 AM

But with the other two tunes that I have tried, idle is smoother than stock at all times, hot or cold. I really think that this box could smooth out a HRVP idle.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by J Lent
BIGBLUE24, the high idle should shut down by touching the brake pedal or go pedal. It does on mine, but idles back up if I let it sit for 2 minutes.
It doesn't shut on mine and is slightly rough on every level except 00...and the TT doesn't shut off with brake/accelerator either, I'm working a questionable neighborhood so I can't walk away and let the truck shut itself off...someone will bash the window and TRY to drive away!!! (then backing over several other cars parked nearby because the wheel is locked) I went back to the v300 tune, for the sake of safety.

Oh yeah, the power is back but not as strong as the comp tune...no surging issues...
Old 12-21-2007, 11:15 AM

Man where is quad?? Haven't seen him post on the Adrenaline in forever! Lots of questions unanswered, lots of changed left to be made... All kindof annoying... Hopefully he is getting stuff worked out, but it would sure be nice to have an update.......

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....