Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 12:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1-5-3-6-2-4
So after getting my truck back together after the HG it threw a crosshead. now have that fixed.

Had if run up to 3600-ish Rpm on level 5 pulse. pulled hard no truck dieing. no massive explosions, no leaks.

Get some stumbling around the 2000rpm mark under light throttle input.

So do I understand it right..........the custom tuning of the pulse is not active?

I still have a beta Pulse V 1.0.0 .........

The truck took 60psi boost the other day like a champ.......so I think its time to hit the dyno let it loose. What version program is best...recommendations?

I'm useing a 2000 level tune from the website right now. I've never seen a 3000 level yet
No, the custom tuning is not activated yet.
I would say that if ur gonna dyno ur truck, then try the Dyno tune.
The 3000 and Dyno tune can be found in the Beta tunes, just use the drop down menu http://quadzillapower.com/usb_updates/index.html
Old 05-10-2008, 01:19 AM

Has there been any address to the size of the buttons on the Pulse?

I'd prefer the buttons to be larger...like the whole size of the cut out that the tiny little button sits in.

Old 05-10-2008, 01:24 AM

Ok, I need to do some catching up here.

Is the Adrenaline EGT probe reading accurately now. Vaguely remember they were reading low for a while?
I'm still using my Isspro EGT gauge but am hooking Adrenaline probe to my new LazarSmith SS air horn for IAT readings.
I have heard people say they thought we might be a little high but, that is because we will record the higher temps faster than analog, at cruise we should be dead on with any other gauge that uses a type K thermocouple. All type K thermocouples use the same scaling and it is a standard for all industries. If a gauge is off it is because something like a stepper motor is off or the their electronics are slow or something.

You don't need to mount it for IAT. When you get your Pulse back it will read IAT for you.

Does the fuel pump actually shut off?? Or does the IP just run out of fuel??
If the lift pump is shutting down, why does it do that??
I keep hearing everyone say that the pump was dead when the truck died. I'm just curious as to what makes the pump shut down if that is the case.
It is actually an electronic safety shutoff on the pump itself. I cannot figure out why on some trucks it does this and on other trucks we can rev them as far as we dare with no issues?

Basically what happens is that the ECM uses an algorithm to calculated commanded fuel to the pump at "redline" or at the rev limiter and it is designed so that it will maintain this limit. If you start to exceed this limit it starts pulling fuel back until it hits 0. When it hits zero it shuts the entire bus off and the truck dies.

Once again, on some trucks this happens, on other trucks it never happens? I am working on that as we speak. To the best of my knowledge there is no bad side effects as I know I have tested it over 300 times with no ill effects at this point.

I have an exact copy of the dyno file that will absolutely not kill the truck but, it also will not rev out for the trucks that are not having this issue. Sort of puts me between a rock and a hard place. The easy way to prevent this right now with the current tune is to shift when you hit 3500 ish. You are not making power up there anyway, I promise as I have dynoed a truck that made over 600rwhp on fuel only and I don't care what you do power falls after about 3300.

I understand the need to go to 4K but, it is really a pretty rare scenario for the most part. I also think that if we can make more power why not run a taller gear and stay in the power longer and still maintain wheelspeed? This is for the sled guys. In otherwords if you need 20mph and that is 2nd low at 4K, why not run 3rd low and keep it at 3000rpms where the meet of the powerband is at?

That sucks. Sorry to hear that. "sled 3000 tune"? Is that just the ADR3000 tune or am I missing something?
I made a sled tune for a few people. Sounds like it worked well for about 5 feet!

That stinks dude, sorry for the luck but, on a stock input shaft you were playing on borrowed time.

So do I understand it right..........the custom tuning of the pulse is not active?
Not active yet.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:26 AM

Has there been any address to the size of the buttons on the Pulse?

I'd prefer the buttons to be larger...like the whole size of the cut out that the tiny little button sits in.
Makes you push the button straight as we use a carbon pull button and not a mechanical button.

I would not mind them being a little larger myself but, you will get used to them. Things like that are not a simple fix.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:44 AM

Thank you for the info.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:46 AM

So how do I get a copy of this dyno tune that wont kill my truck??, I dont need to go over 3500 but i love the way the other dyno tune fuels until it kills my truck and the guy in the porche that i was pullin away from throwin smoke on passes me back and throws me the finger.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:58 AM

Quad the Sled tune you sent me is beautiful. I ran around on it since you sent it the other night. It is definetly alot smoother and runs pretty cool on EGT's for me. I will get mine back together this week then next friday see how it will act with nitrous. Oh yeah and it is WAY smoother all the way to 3600 rpm. I ran it to 3000rpm slowly the other day the punched it and it pulled hard all the way to 3600. It didnt stutter or shutoff too fast it is in the perfect spot.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by 2141pete
Well new info guys, I wentt o the track tonight and the sled 3000 tune I had loaded and a smarty on SW8 will take you roughly 5-6 feet on a stock output shaft. I didnt even get to use the new nitrous setup. I only launched with about 5 psi for this reason but this particular setup seemed to make a bit more power at low boost than I had estimated lol.

Man, you've had some tough lessons lately. It happens when you start to push these trucks to the levels where you are now though. I'm not sure who you've used for your tranny before, but Tim Barber, will take care of you. Good luck getting it back on the road. You've also got Phil in Raleigh who can get you done right too. I'm sure you already know that though. ;D
Old 05-10-2008, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Tiger Rag
Man, you've had some tough lessons lately. It happens when you start to push these trucks to the levels where you are now though. I'm not sure who you've used for your tranny before, but Tim Barber, will take care of you. Good luck getting it back on the road. You've also got Phil in Raleigh who can get you done right too. I'm sure you already know that though. ;D
Dave Goerends built it for me origionally. I wont talk bad about it a bit. I told him I wouldnt be going over 400Hp and it has held more than that since a few weeks after I bought it. I just got off the phone with Tim and I think we may have it worked out. I think I'm gonna have him go ahead and freshen most of it up while he's in there. My converter and input are good so that will help with the price. Pullin the dang thing up there will probly cost as much as fixin it the way fuel prices are!!!
Old 05-10-2008, 11:57 AM

Dave Goerends built it for me origionally. I wont talk bad about it a bit. I told him I wouldnt be going over 400Hp and it has held more than that since a few weeks after I bought it. I just got off the phone with Tim and I think we may have it worked out. I think I'm gonna have him go ahead and freshen most of it up while he's in there. My converter and input are good so that will help with the price. Pullin the dang thing up there will probly cost as much as fixin it the way fuel prices are!!!

Yeah, I lucked out last time. Last time I had a major issue, Mike D pulled me from the track at Rockingham to the parking lot. He was going to trailer me home before I remembered I had AAA. I called them and away we went for free!
Old 05-10-2008, 12:48 PM

Pullin the dang thing up there will probly cost as much as fixin it the way fuel prices are!!!
Try a 1300 mile round trip for me, plus two nights in a hotel.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:00 PM

I went from the coast here in NC all the way home just south of KC in mine a few weeks ago then back. I'm honestly glad I didnt have the Adrenaline on yet it is just WAY too tempting.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:29 AM

qzilla is there any way i can get a copy of the tunes for sled and dyno that goes up to 3500?
Old 05-11-2008, 11:57 AM
Banned

Maybe some one can help me, having problems loading tunes with vista on laptop, keep hearing the plug unplug of thr usb over and over, i havt thr .net loaded but it still says it cant find module, any help would be great, thanks chad
Old 05-11-2008, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel Dummy
Maybe some one can help me, having problems loading tunes with vista on laptop, keep hearing the plug unplug of thr usb over and over, i havt thr .net loaded but it still says it cant find module, any help would be great, thanks chad
What brand computer? Is it a laptop?

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....