Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 08:19 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My TT and the brake and throttle will kill it every time. Just strange how this works different on all trucks.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Haulin Mutt
I have a number of questions. I finally tapped my wire today. All excited, I took it for a drive. There did not seem to be a difference between PL02 and PL03+. I had the Beta V3 tune in.
hate to say it but im glad that happened to you! same has been happening on mine with the comp file and the beta v300, since you had it happen too that makes it easier for quad to work (i assume). but the good news is it is being worked..
Old 12-07-2007, 09:50 PM

This will be my first post since receiving by beta box. I now have a transmission govenor sensor I am having fixed next wed. so I have not been able to do any full pedal stand still accelation recently, once in 3rd Im fine, but the v300 does not seem to have as much punch. I cant get my egts over 1200 were as the first tune would hit over 1300 quick, but it is still the most responsive single box I have ever used. My TT works every once in a while, sometimes smoothly, sometimes almost dies & then ramps back up to run for 20 secounds, does not kill the motor with either petal, but has not had the issue of not turning off with this tune. High idle worked on the last tune.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:48 PM

For those of you that the V3 does not work on I need you to check on something for me.

That particular tune relies on Boost heavily. Not soley but, heavily. If the box does not see a boost signal then it won't do any fuel stretch over PL02.

So, check your boost voltage for me. Check it on the Light Blue wire and let me know what you come up with.

Either we are not getting the signal or it is possible there is an issue with the MAP sensor.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by qzilla
For those of you that the V3 does not work on I need you to check on something for me.

That particular tune relies on Boost heavily. Not soley but, heavily. If the box does not see a boost signal then it won't do any fuel stretch over PL02.

So, check your boost voltage for me. Check it on the Light Blue wire and let me know what you come up with.

Either we are not getting the signal or it is possible there is an issue with the MAP sensor.
Before getting the new beta box I replaced my MAP/turbo boost sensor, my truck was running in limp mode and the codes indicated the MAP sensor but the problem turned out to be my Van Aaken box, once I removed the VA box MAP sensor was fine...so I have a new sensor just installed...I'll try to check the voltage today or tomorrow...
Old 12-08-2007, 10:12 AM

quad, I got .540 with the meter on 20
Old 12-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK here are my results. The power definately comes on smoother than my Smarty/Drag comp, but there is no difference in power from PL#3 up. The truck doesn't smoke at all [which is nice], but I think that I may have one of the TT testing tunes. The box says beta 0088 on it? The TT is working, but only leaves my truck run for 30 seconds after shut down. The brake pedal will not cancel my TT out & sometimes the truck gets erratic before shuting off. What is beta 0088? Where can I download others to try?
Old 12-08-2007, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by J Lent
What is beta 0088? Where can I download others to try?
Beta 0088 is the the number of your box mine was 0072 I think. looks like Quad numbered all the boxes as they were sent out. The last tune I got was emailed to me by Quad. If you need the latest v300 tune shoot me your email and I will send it to you.
Joe
Old 12-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cyric
Beta 0088 is the the number of your box mine was 0072 I think. looks like Quad numbered all the boxes as they were sent out. The last tune I got was emailed to me by Quad. If you need the latest v300 tune shoot me your email and I will send it to you.
Joe
I'd just like to try some stronger tunes...not sure of software numbers. The box was sent out Monday, probably is the newest tune.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:03 PM

torque management?

not sure if this has been covered yet but will this box eliminate tq management for the 01-02 trucks?
Old 12-08-2007, 10:14 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Moules
not sure if this has been covered yet but will this box eliminate tq management for the 01-02 trucks?
Not on mine
Old 12-08-2007, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by cyric
Joe
Don't send him any files.

The latest batch of boxes went out with totally different software than everyone else has.

The numbers are so I can keep track of stuff. I also use beta numbers for emails. Some numbers get certain emails and other numbers get different emails.

So, don't be passing software around. If you think you need software then ask me or one of our guys for it. Don't get it from someone else.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:08 AM
Banned

The latest batch of boxes went out with totally different software than everyone else has.

The numbers are so I can keep track of stuff. I also use beta numbers for emails. Some numbers get certain emails and other numbers get different emails.

So, don't be passing software around. If you think you need software then ask me or one of our guys for it. Don't get it from someone else.
Sorry quad, I didn't know that....didn't download any software either. I thought that I had to try them all to let you know which program works best on my truck & report back. The software 0088 drives great, but it seems like it isn't fueling through the map. I will check my voltage today & report back.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:13 AM

Sorry Quad. I checked the light blue wire on the Adrenaline harness with the meter on 20 I get .11v. I hope I checked it right. I unplugged the connector then turned on the switch and checked voltage. If thats not right let me know how you want me to check it.
Joe
Old 12-09-2007, 10:10 PM

First things first, i dont show a light blue wire on the plug that goes into the adrenaline box so i tested the two royal blue ones, they are pins 15 and 31. with the truck off i get nothing through them. with the key on (plug unplugged from the adrenaline) i got 0.527, same reading with the truck running on pin 15. pin 31 showed 0 with the key on and .056 with the truck running and advanced with RPM.

the dyno day went really well there were ALOT of trucks and people, it was cold and rainy all day but fun nonetheless. i dynoed with the drag comp hooked up first it gave me 542hp, we werent able to get an optical pickup for the torque so i will calculate it. next i hooked up the adrenaline and got 541hp, that one impressed me! i figured it would be more than the drag comp but it looks like it was basically the exact same! i dynoed the adrenaline again and got 538. i was on setting 10 for both runs...

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....