Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 07:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RowJ
Without after market clutch (or rebuilt tranny) the ADR2000 will be all you can handle........ maybe be too much, IMO.

RJ
It is. Higher levels of ADR2000 is unusable to me, and before my lift pump I wasn't able to leave level two without sucking my LP dry.

New converter/VB on the way though....I can't imagine stock LP and tranny are gonna do better on any other tune.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:41 PM
Chapter President

Test on the ADR3000 tune today on my truck. Seems very drivable on my truck with my mods. I have yet to get any surging since having the trans built. I wonder if there is some correlation to surging and a stock or slipping trans or TC problems. Has anyone else seen these results just curious. I was going to try the dyno tune, but this 3000 tune is awesome. Pulls like a train right from the start.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by wurkenman
Test on the ADR3000 tune today on my truck. Seems very drivable on my truck with my mods. I have yet to get any surging since having the trans built. I wonder if there is some correlation to surging and a stock or slipping trans or TC problems. Has anyone else seen these results just curious. I was going to try the dyno tune, but this 3000 tune is awesome. Pulls like a train right from the start.
My truck surges on any of the tunes, but thats mainly because of the dieing TC. No doubt the surging is because of a bad TC. At 65 on PL4 or above if I give it more than ~30% throttle the TC starts slipping, unloaded.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:19 PM

If you guys go into max/min values what are you getting for IAT readings? Are you all getting zero? I'm not sure if that value is turned on yet, or if my sensor is bad.

Sitting here scratching my head trying to figure out why my turbo won't make over 20 psi with no boost leaks and a boost elbow fully closed, and thinking maybe that has something to do with fueling? Also cannot for the life of me get over 1100* EGT's. Wire tap is good, you can definitely feel the fueling get harder with every level.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:42 PM

You say your tq converter is slipping, so maybe your boost problem is not enough load because of the slippage.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:23 PM
Chapter President

Even with my stock turbo I could hit 45+ psi. EGT's would go through the roof. Now I have the defueling set at 45 psi and 1500 degrees.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:26 PM

Sitting here scratching my head trying to figure out why my turbo won't make over 20 psi with no boost leaks and a boost elbow fully closed, and thinking maybe that has something to do with fueling? Also cannot for the life of me get over 1100* EGT's.
Originally Posted by BigB82789
You say your tq converter is slipping, so maybe your boost problem is not enough load because of the slippage.
That gets my vote too!!
Old 04-26-2008, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by paulb
I tried the DYNO tune tonight, and I think this will make a great drag racing tune. I will be able to try it at the track tomorrow night and see. I do like the ADR2000 better for street driving (as Quad said), but the DYNO tune fuels very hard.

Normally during a drag race I hit a max of 3280 RPM. Tonight just for testing I ran the truck up to 3800 RPM, and as soon as I let off of it, the VP44 air locked and the truck died. No matter how hard I try, above ~3700 RPM I can't keep the truck from dieing. This will not cause me a problem racing, but just thought I would report it. This is the highest RPM I've been able to achieve with the Adrenaline. It's obvious that Quad it making progress.

Paul
I accidently hit 3800 tonight. Man that dyno tune will make it break traction! It scared me to death and shut the truck down. I luckily coasted into a parking lot and it started right back up after a quick check. That hopefully wont happen again, im puttin the 2000 tune back in and takin it easy!!!
Old 04-26-2008, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by jprice
I accidently hit 3800 tonight. Man that dyno tune will make it break traction! It scared me to death and shut the truck down. I luckily coasted into a parking lot and it started right back up after a quick check. That hopefully wont happen again, im puttin the 2000 tune back in and takin it easy!!!
love that! i could just see your face, i have a smarty that i let some third gen guys (stock) test and got the same results.. never gets old...

ok ADR3000. Quad why do you do this to me? just when i think ADR 2000 is fun and drives great, you do this. come on, really i already need tires as it is! this tune is in my opinion the best one i have tried. it combines the HEAVY AGGRESSIVE fueling of the first comp files with the non surge of the current 2000. i love the 3000. i get no cruise surge and the crazy fueling of the first versions of this testing. this file is great. i probably should be fired as a beta tester because i am of no use to you other than testing setting 10, if you were to pop quiz me on how setting 3 differed from setting 2 the answer would be a lie as i know nothing other than max fueling. i drive on base, setting 10, max fueling... i take my grandma for groceries, setting 10 foot to the floor... some poor mach 1 mustang thinks hes mister big shot, you guessed it. in the words of the bandit "bye bye baby" he deserved it...
well as you can tell i love the new file, it smokes like a smarty/drag comp stack but is controllable and fuels amazingly. i have yet to try the DYNO file because i still have some remorse for what is left stock in my truck, but i will try it and i will dyno it. thanks for all your hard work quad you and your crew continue to impress me even when i think there is no more that can be done. my hat is off to you once again.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:27 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Today I stacked my Smarty with the dyno tune just for grins. That is a lowend monster. This tune runs, that is for sure. It is just as smooth as ADR2000 on my truck. Great work Quad.
Old 04-26-2008, 04:09 PM

Thats the same set-up im driving with also. What # did you put the smarty on? I have it on #4 and it's smoke city when I want. I think i'll try 8 soon, if not at the track.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:25 PM
Banned

Thats the same set-up im driving with also. What # did you put the smarty on? I have it on #4 and it's smoke city when I want. I think i'll try 8 soon, if not at the track.
I was running sw2 & it seemed to slow down my fast spooling turbo, now sw4 is perfect.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:39 PM

So you can say that there is more to be had from the adrenaline for bottom end since it feels stronger with the smarty?
Old 04-26-2008, 11:12 PM
Banned

So you can say that there is more to be had from the adrenaline for bottom end since it feels stronger with the smarty?
I guess there is more left in it, all I know is that it does improve bottom end performance. It isn't drastic, but an improvement for sure. I need to get some more seat time to be certain that what I'm feeling isn't just a jumpy pedal making it feel stronger. It is definately more responsive though.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:16 PM

Also, us 01/02 guys have Tq managment, and since the smarty removes it and the adrenaline doesn't, we gain more on the bottom end.

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....