Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
uh oh i need to do a boost leak check too... i cant get it past 45 anymore. i got it to 44 with a 25ft goosneck on a hill on setting 10 but i was always able to hit about 50 empty... i dunno

yea i have a billet input shaft. and yea my stacks like to smoke differently, i dont know why.

I WANT THAT STICKER!!! how do i get one or ten?!
Old 04-19-2008, 07:57 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dieseldork
If you could let me know what kind of psi and on what toon you are running with that new intercooler
I rode to work with my brother today, but took my truck for a quick ride this evening to a friends house. It was raining, but I tagged it real quick on a straight road & saw 52 psi on the Adrenaline. Thing is that my mechanical boost gauge only showed 47psi. I am going to check for leaks again tomorrow if I get a chance between getting hay for my wifes horse & stringing 2 acres of fencing. I'll keep you posted.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by J Lent
I rode to work with my brother today, but took my truck for a quick ride this evening to a friends house. It was raining, but I tagged it real quick on a straight road & saw 52 psi on the Adrenaline. Thing is that my mechanical boost gauge only showed 47psi. I am going to check for leaks again tomorrow if I get a chance between getting hay for my wifes horse & stringing 2 acres of fencing. I'll keep you posted.
I guess I will have to look at what it says on the Adrenaline because I have only been watching my mechanical boost gauge .
Old 04-20-2008, 10:22 AM

Ran newest ADR2000 at the track yesterday! Times were very consistant and similar to two weeks ago on previous ADR2000. (1/10 slower on this country track vs NHRA track on the 4/5/08). Top speeds on both tunes were in the 105 range.
Only made 4 passes due to some brake fading problems??
If interested, here is a video, from my cheap movie camera, but it shows how nicely the smoke clears up with latest tune!
This run was a 12.83/104.96... with my slowest 60' - 1.86 sec.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjX4kypJagM

RJ
Old 04-20-2008, 11:46 AM

Hey guys I talked to Justin about my peak boost because we thought I might have a bad map sensor causing the adrenaline to be jerky. So I'm not saying this is what is happening to you but, it does make sense. With the adrenaline reading the boost so fast due to electronics it will capture the peak boost faster than the mechanical can catch up. My truck will hit 35-36psi on a hard run on my mechanical but my recon will show anywhere from 39-41psi. Now this is the peak boost but as things catch up you really can't hold that. So looking at your #s seems as though you guys have the same difference that I have. The electronics it catching the boost instantaneously and showing a few psi higher. Makes sense to me because after a second or two the recon comes back down to where my mechanical is showing on a wot run. Hope I explained myself clearly. I am in no way the most knowledgeable guy as I am new to all of this and am not trying to question your knowledge. It just sounds very similar to what my truck does. Hope this helps and if I am wrong please inform me I want to learn.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by RowJ
Ran newest ADR2000 at the track yesterday! Times were very consistant and similar to two weeks ago on previous ADR2000. (1/10 slower on this country track vs NHRA track on the 4/5/08). Top speeds on both tunes were in the 105 range.
Only made 4 passes due to some brake fading problems??
If interested, here is a video, from my cheap movie camera, but it shows how nicely the smoke clears up with latest tune!
This run was a 12.83/104.96... with my slowest 60' - 1.86 sec.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjX4kypJagM

RJ
I also ran the newest ADR2000 at the track this weekend. The quickest time was a 12.47 @ 107, which is also the quickest I have every been able to run at this track. My 60' times were in the 1.74 range. I ended up runnering up (2nd) in the NHRA Pro class. I was also able to tow my travel trailer and drive it on the street with the newest ADR2000. No surge!

This version is also easier for me to control the boost during staging. It doesn't have as big of a "surge" of power allowing me to bring the boost up quickly and smoothly to the amount I want.

PL10 does get the "shudder" when lifting after the finish line (much the same as the Redline and TST comp, though it's not nearly as violent as either of these), so I'm pretty sure it's getting about the max out of the VP44.

Max rpm during the runs were ~3409, and EGT's hit ~1400, these values are thanks to the Pulse.

Paul
Old 04-21-2008, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by paulb
I also ran the newest ADR2000 at the track this weekend. The quickest time was a 12.47 @ 107, which is also the quickest I have every been able to run at this track. My 60' times were in the 1.74 range.
Paul
Impressive! Nice report, too. At what boost are you launching?
Any difference in smoke from Red Line?

I looked at an old track video of my Smarty/TST Comp setup and the haze was so bad the video lost sight of my CTD just past the 1/8 mile pole. (camera was next to the start line). Not anymore!

I also finally found the second gear shudder you described... (forgot to turn RAD on for first pass). Very violent and scary. Anyone running the Adrenaline on an 01 or 02 automatic, w/o a BD RAD.... be forewarned!

RJ
Old 04-21-2008, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by paulb
I also ran the newest ADR2000 at the track this weekend. The quickest time was a 12.47 @ 107, which is also the quickest I have every been able to run at this track. My 60' times were in the 1.74 range. I ended up runnering up (2nd) in the NHRA Pro class. I was also able to tow my travel trailer and drive it on the street with the newest ADR2000. No surge!

This version is also easier for me to control the boost during staging. It doesn't have as big of a "surge" of power allowing me to bring the boost up quickly and smoothly to the amount I want.

PL10 does get the "shudder" when lifting after the finish line (much the same as the Redline and TST comp, though it's not nearly as violent as either of these), so I'm pretty sure it's getting about the max out of the VP44.

Max rpm during the runs were ~3409, and EGT's hit ~1400, these values are thanks to the Pulse.

Paul
Great report, Thanks Paul!
Old 04-21-2008, 02:31 PM
CST

IF the MAP sensor is giving out an intermittent signal, or getting hung at a certain voltage the Adrenaline would either fuel inconsistantly or not fully. If the MAP is reading intermittenly then fueling could be somewhat erratic. It fuels off of more than boost but it all comes together for a final value, and if one of the fueling inputs is all over the place its going to effect the power delivery.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by RowJ
Impressive! Nice report, too. At what boost are you launching?
Any difference in smoke from Red Line?

I looked at an old track video of my Smarty/TST Comp setup and the haze was so bad the video lost sight of my CTD just past the 1/8 mile pole. (camera was next to the start line). Not anymore!

I also finally found the second gear shudder you described... (forgot to turn RAD on for first pass). Very violent and scary. Anyone running the Adrenaline on an 01 or 02 automatic, w/o a BD RAD.... be forewarned!

RJ
I really didn't pay much attention to the smoke. I have a single stack, so the smoke goes straight up in the air, and I really can't see it.

Yeah, the torque managment can really rattle your cage on trucks with quiet a bit of hp. I really didn't notice it much when I was down around 400hp. It just felt like it hesitated a little right after launching. Now though, it feels like it's going to break something. In all fairness to the Adrenaline though, the drag comp is the same way.

I was launching at 17psi. Running in the Pro class I'm not going to be sitting on the converter long.

Paul
Old 04-21-2008, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by lotero
uh oh i need to do a boost leak check too... i cant get it past 45 anymore. i got it to 44 with a 25ft goosneck on a hill on setting 10 but i was always able to hit about 50 empty... i dunno

yea i have a billet input shaft. and yea my stacks like to smoke differently, i dont know why.

I WANT THAT STICKER!!! how do i get one or ten?!
Excellent job Luis, Diesel Power loves ya!! You're in the newest edition again!!! How can a guy make it in that magazine??
Old 04-21-2008, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
Excellent job Luis, Diesel Power loves ya!! You're in the newest edition again!!! How can a guy make it in that magazine??
the guy saw my numbers when he went down to the dyno a couple days after one of our events and turns out he is a diesel/rockcrawling junkie like me so we got in touch and i have given him a couple trucks to do some write ups on and thats about it! he is really cool. he wants to do more diesel trucks and travels all over the country so PM me with your locations and i will let him know.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:24 PM

I've been meaning to post this picture for a while, but I've been busy with our new little boy. I started off mounting the pulse left side of the steering wheel below the dash bezel but it was hard to monitor it there. I decided to mount it in the same way, but above the dash next to the A-pillar gauges. I pulled out the dash bezel slightly and mount with screws under the lip of the bezel. I trimmed the mount slightly so the bezel would slide back pretty tight and pretty close to its original location. That way I wouldn't have any holes drilled if I decided to move it. This seems to work reasonably well. I can see all the functions just fine.

Old 04-21-2008, 11:09 PM
Banned

Is 100 degrees the minimum that the Pulse will read or something?
Old 04-21-2008, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by 5.9_00
Is 100 degrees the minimum that the Pulse will read or something?
Not sure. The truck wasn't running and I had just done a Pulse update. I don't have that probe connected yet.

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....