Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lotero
cool video a buddy made for me... didnt meet my times from last year but that should change soon...

http://video.thedieselgarage.com/vid...8000c4f636.htm
your driverside stack likes to smoke more than the passanger side
Old 04-17-2008, 10:23 PM

I still have to put the update in my Pulse.. but is anyone having memory problems.. If it sitts for any period of time, it defaults to PL10.. always seems to come out of warm up half way up the on ramp in the mornings... I'll try to get the update in tomorrow...
Also got the pulse installed.. Copied some others and pulled the vent out.. and made a L bracket.. and cut off the stock mount... Not the best looking on the back side..
Not the best pic...
Old 04-17-2008, 10:36 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JDGnut
I still have to put the update in my Pulse.. but is anyone having memory problems.. If it sitts for any period of time, it defaults to PL10.. always seems to come out of warm up half way up the on ramp in the mornings... I'll try to get the update in tomorrow...
Also got the pulse installed.. Copied some others and pulled the vent out.. and made a L bracket.. and cut off the stock mount... Not the best looking on the back side..
Not the best pic...
Welcome to the club.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lotero, your right stack smokes more when you stage, and your left stack smokes more when you go down the track, interesting!

Not a lot of smoke either, do you need more injector, or is a good running truck not supposed to smoke?

Just Joshin ya!
Old 04-18-2008, 06:42 AM

intrcooler

Originally Posted by J Lent
Found out why I was only seeing 45psi boost. I busted my intercooler.
So how did you find that your intercooler was leaking because when I first got my adrenaline I was able to hit 50 psi but know I can only hit 45 psi .
Old 04-18-2008, 07:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dieseldork
So how did you find that your intercooler was leaking because when I first got my adrenaline I was able to hit 50 psi but know I can only hit 45 psi .
I pressureized my system with my homemade boost leak detector. I made a thread a few years back explaining how to build it. I think the thread was called Homemade boost leak detector. I'll try to find it.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by J Lent
I pressureized my system with my homemade boost leak detector. I made a thread a few years back explaining how to build it. I think the thread was called Homemade boost leak detector. I'll try to find it.
Here is a copy of my post explaining how to make one.

I don't have a camera to get pics, but I'll try to explain a hillbilly leak detector setup that I use. Get a 4" rubber fernco fitting from lowes etc. This fitting is used on 4" sewage pipes to join them together [coupler with 2 hose clamps]. Get a 4" screw in style schedule 40 cleanout cap [threaded type] & install it in the end of the fernco & clamp it down real tight & double clamp it. Find a air fitting [male] like one that you would use to hook to a compressor line for pneumatic tools. Drill a hole in the end of the cleanout cap & screw in the air fitting [no tap needed..It will make its own threads] Then put the fernco onto the turbo [air intake side] & double clamp it tight. Set air compressor regulator to 5-8 psi. Attach the air line to the fitting & check for leaks. I know that it sounds like a idiotic setup, but it works great for me & it is cheap.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by paulb
I am very happy with this file! Power comes in earlier and smoother then before. Quad, don't let anyone talk you into changing it!Paul
Ditto!
Will compare this with previous tune...at track on Sat.... but this new one sure feels stronger to me!

RJ
Old 04-18-2008, 10:09 AM
JIT

I have seen two things recently that I am not sure are correct with the latest Pulse update.

My high idle is coming on while sitting at stop lights with the tranny in Drive. I am going to increase the time from 2min to 2min 30sec and see if that will put it out long enuff. Its weird when this happens because it starts idling really wierd and doesnt really ramp up like the normal high idle.

Also the high Idle doesnt shut off with the Brake pedal. But works great with the accel pedal.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:21 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by JIT

Also the high Idle doesnt shut off with the Brake pedal. But works great with the accel pedal.

Thats how its supposed to work on 01-02 trucks.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by wurkenman
Does your High Idle work on a cold start?
Mine only works when parked and warmed up.... and I could kill it with the brake.

RJ
Old 04-18-2008, 12:10 PM

Did he change it then, before the last update i could always kill it with the brake. And with the lastest update i get no corrected vehicle speed.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Crazydave
Did he change it then, before the last update i could always kill it with the brake. And with the lastest update i get no corrected vehicle speed.
Yes, it's been stated a few times that the brake no longer kills the 01-02 trucks.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:22 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by RowJ
Does your High Idle work on a cold start?
Mine only works when parked and warmed up.... and I could kill it with the brake.

RJ
Yes my high idle works on cold start.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:56 PM

Yes my high idle works on cold start.
I thought Quad told me the 02's had a problem?
Maybe mine will work with the new Pulse upgrade. Never has gotten over 900 rpm before.

RJ

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....