Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do the new tunes offer, other than 25% percent more fueling. Is IAT an available parameter yet?

Shawn
Old 04-15-2008, 08:19 PM

just down loaded it and will give her a shot at 4k horray springs! will update asap.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:41 PM
Chapter President

Ran the 2000 tune a little tonight. Holy mother of SMOKE Batman. Smokes like never before and just keeps pulling.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Quad, this new 2000 tune is wicked powerful. I was running around on level five breaking the rears loose in third with a roll on. It pulls on level five harder than 10 felt on the previous tune.

Now the downside, I was racing home and held 3000 RPM for a few seconds and it sputters, misses, surges, and barks the turbo. I have never had shutter with any of the previous tunes, but almost like it is running out of fuel but it only happened when I let up to about half throttle to maintain 3K rpm.

Truck sounded worse than when you free rev with no load in idle and mash it... you know the shudder miss pop.

But when on the pedal, this tune rocks!

I only noticed the above issue when trying to hold 3K rpm on level 5. In 3rd gear doing about 35-40 mph.

Once again, power is WICKED!!
Old 04-15-2008, 10:13 PM

Probably too much fuel not enough boost.

The non-aggressive will be better. If you have a load on it you will not likley see it doing this.

How much boost are you making trying to hold it at 3K rpms???
Old 04-15-2008, 10:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Only a few pounds of boost. I agree with your analysis, it is due to aggressive tune, lots of R's and being on the threshold of big power.

I don't normally run around holding 3k, was just trying to get home fast and came up on a roundabout and didn't want to shift or keep going faster so I held 3k for 4-5 seconds and it shuttered like I have never experienced.

I'll have to drive it more to give better info, I was racing my stomach pain home to the toilet if you know what I mean. Dang cheapo 6$ pizza buffet!
Old 04-15-2008, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Big Blue24
Only a few pounds of boost. I agree with your analysis, it is due to aggressive tune, lots of R's and being on the threshold of big power.

I don't normally run around holding 3k, was just trying to get home fast and came up on a roundabout and didn't want to shift or keep going faster so I held 3k for 4-5 seconds and it shuttered like I have never experienced.

I'll have to drive it more to give better info, I was racing my stomach pain home to the toilet if you know what I mean. Dang cheapo 6$ pizza buffet!
Thats funny Edit right there. Literally
Old 04-15-2008, 11:10 PM

well went out and played with it and in 5th and 4th gear it died hard at 3600 rpm like a speed limiter almost, and it sputterted and poped very violently i also noticed the very violent action in the higher rpms, it defantly pulled harder though. egts didnt get horrable either.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:11 AM
JIT

Quad, will the Aggressive tunes on the Website be the most powerful tunes available or will there be Competition Tunes that we can use for Sled Pulling, Drag Racing, Dyno and such?

Josh
Old 04-16-2008, 10:26 AM

Well, this is sort of a tricky question.

I have some "dyno" tunes we have tested and will release. They are more impressive on the dyno but, 100% totally undrivable. These same files can/will be used for sled pulling and drag racing I assume.

I am not so sure that they make any more peak power but, you have 100% fueling instantly, literally the second you touch the pedal it fuels. On a dyno this will make more torque and will move peak power up a little because it hits the rollers so much faster. I guess it is sort of like a dyno cheat. That is the whole problem with a dyno is that if you know how they work you can beat them.

Originally we had thought to get the fueling to our max capabilities we were going to have to do it in steps ie. regular tunes, aggressive tunes, comp tunes. Now, I am not so sure that has to happen. Once we spent some time with some heavily modified trucks we were able to take a lot or most of the quirks out. That is not to say that some trucks with wild pumps and wilder injectors are not going to have some drivability issues with the most aggressive tunes but, for the general public these tunes fuel HARD and are smooth and work great even on stock trucks.

The flip side to this is that guys with the Pulse monitor are going to be able to really fine tune all of these parameters and really be able to match their setups. In reality these guys that are serious just need to buy some dyno time and tinker with tuning the truck to its max potential on a dyno. This will allow each individual truck to make the most power it can with its particular modifications.

To add to that we are trying to implement a section in the custom tuning that essentially lets you select the "dyno" tune or "comp" tune or whatever you want to call it on the fly. This makes it where you can run a regular tune, or even your custom tune all the way to your dyno event or sled pull, change a few settings and you have your "dyno" tune. Then when you are done you just go back.

To me that is the ultimate way to do it. I really cannot see any use for fueling much harder on the street than what ADR2000 is right now.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The new ADR2000 is much better. It fuels very well through 3200rpm, after that it starts to defuel, with a full defuel at 3500. This is okay with me though, because I don't hit above 3200 during a 1/4 mile run. I will be racing with it this weekend.

On the Pulse update, I like the new data logging screen. Much easier to use. All the info in one spot. Having the current values in the screen setup area is also nice. The performance features don't work on my truck, probably because of the RAD. It never seems to know when I get to a 1/4 mile.

Paul
Old 04-16-2008, 10:36 AM

Does your Pulse show you vehicle speed? If so then it should be able to show you 1/4 mile times??

You might turn the RAD off for a test run to see if it starts working? Doesn't that thing have a switch on it??
Old 04-16-2008, 10:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by qzilla
...You might turn the RAD off for a test run to see if it starts working? Doesn't that thing have a switch on it??
My RAD does....and the qtr mile works well, but have not tried it with RAD on. It just shuts off after 1/4 mile (sensing odometer, I assume). But it's unusable because , being Pulse challenged, I haven't figured out how to get the tire corrector working yet.

I'm sure Paul has a on/off also. Otherwise he'd be driving full time with a CEL.
And, he's the one that reminded me the CEL goes out by itself after three starts (once RAD is off).

RJ
Old 04-16-2008, 11:14 AM

ok iv been trying to watch this but maybe i missed it, when will the pulse be released? what will be the price with the full pacage for approved distributers? is there any place better to buy it from like here for one reason or another?
Old 04-16-2008, 12:34 PM

So we will be able to turn timing down so maybe a hot rod or monster pump will be able to run like a stock pump with more fuel? Or will there be an option to pick which pump you have so it will automatically do it when selected?

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....