Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 05:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by qzilla
I talked to Justin about it. Instead of jabbing the pedal just put your foot on it for just a second and it will kill it. No need to jab it or rev it up.

The BUS on the 98-00 trucks is really slow. Occasionally it takes bout 1/2 second depending on when you actually touch the pedal. So just put your foot on it for a second and hold it there don't jab at it.
Tried all that...a slight touch is what used to work, then with "ADR test 1" it became difficult to shut down...I wrote you about it, you responded saying that it was set up less sensitive and in "ADR test 3" you'd return the sensitivity, it hasn't changed back...I just had the TPS checked and did a reset as well so I'm kinda confused about what to try next...
Old 04-12-2008, 11:47 AM

I already read that once, no need to post it again.

I gave you some things to try so you should not be confused about what to try next. Set the Pulse up to watch TPS and try what I asked.
Old 04-12-2008, 02:14 PM

I already read that once, no need to post it again.

I gave you some things to try so you should not be confused about what to try next. Set the Pulse up to watch TPS and try what I asked.
I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, sorry if it looks that way, I haven't gotten any info through PM or email on what else to try and I haven't figured out yet how to check the TPS with the Pulse, that's why I had it checked out...I'll figure it out and let you know what's going on...
Old 04-12-2008, 02:29 PM

I will have to look into that. I know we had to slow it down some because on those trucks we have to do a lot more stuff to get info off the bus. The earlier versions did not get this extra info as it is strictly for the Pulse. So when we modified the software we had to slow some stuff down, this does cause it to take slightly more than just touching it barely to turn it off but, you should not have to jab the pedal at all. It still only takes 1% TPS to turn off, sometimes it just takes literally 1/2 second for the TT to see it.

Try just barely pressing the pedal and holding it until it turns off and see how long it takes.

I think you have a Pulse?? Set one of the parameters to TPS and make sure that barely touching the pedal shows up as 1%. Once it is there see how long it takes.

From there we can at least look at the code.

Is anyone else having any issues???? This would be a 98-00 issue only.
I am having the same issue with the tt. I will try watching the tps like you posted and get back to you. Thanks again Quad.
Joe
Old 04-12-2008, 02:44 PM

I haven't figured out yet how to check the TPS with the Pulse
Just set one of the monitoring parameters to the TPS readout and push on the pedal until it reads 1% to kill the TT. I don't believe he's talking about "checking" the TPS with the Pulse, just to monitor it.
It still only takes 1% TPS to turn off, sometimes it just takes literally 1/2 second for the TT to see it.

Try just barely pressing the pedal and holding it until it turns off and see how long it takes.

I think you have a Pulse?? Set one of the parameters to TPS and make sure that barely touching the pedal shows up as 1%. Once it is there see how long it takes.
Push on the pedal until TPS reads atleast 1% and then it could take up to a 1/2 second for the Adrenaline to kill the TT after doing so. That's how I read it.

I'm not trying to butt in, just tryin to help.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by hink
Just set one of the monitoring parameters to the TPS readout and push on the pedal until it reads 1% to kill the TT. I don't believe he's talking about "checking" the TPS with the Pulse, just to monitor it. Push on the pedal until TPS reads atleast 1% and then it could take up to a 1/2 second for the Adrenaline to kill the TT after doing so. That's how I read it.

I'm not trying to butt in, just tryin to help.
Thanks, I'm a little challenged with this newer technology being old and all I appreciate the instructions!!!
Old 04-13-2008, 04:22 PM

did some fine tuning with the tire size adjustment and using my gps on long stetches of road, ended up changing my balding 315s to 103 to get perfect actual speed settings FYI.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
103 works out to 32.79" diameter tires. Those things are bald!
Old 04-14-2008, 02:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pulse Request.
With next update, can RPM readout be muted somehow, so it doesnt jump around +/- 50 rpm.
It's hard to read and irritating.... changes too fast to read easily, IMO.

One other very minor point. Zeros look too much like 8's to my older eyes. What's wrong with an open Zero when no words are being displayed?
JMO

RJ
Old 04-14-2008, 03:30 PM

My RPMs dont seems to jump around at all... no more than 4 or 5 RPM at idle
Old 04-14-2008, 03:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Must be another 02 idiosyncrasy?
My RPM at idle jumps from 7?? to 9??.... all within 1-2 sec.!!
Averages right on the money.

RJ
Old 04-14-2008, 03:51 PM

mine jumps around from 797ish to 802ish
Old 04-14-2008, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by swmnkdinthervr
Thanks, I'm a little challenged with this newer technology being old and all I appreciate the instructions!!!
Just as I was figuring out the TPS readout I got a brainstorm, (kind of a dim bulb most of the time ) once before when I had issues I did a hard shutdown and it seems to help...I unplugged the Adrenaline while the truck was idling and restarted, had a CEL for the first 2 test starts but the TT shuts down nice as you could ask for now...I'm still gonna monitor the TPS...
Old 04-14-2008, 05:19 PM

*impatiently waiting for the pulse updates*

Just did a hard run on the expressway and got about 21 psi of boost, held 15 pounds fuel pressure, and about 1150* for EGT's BUT the truck was defueling. Backdown was never more than 5 I think? Kinda curious what I was getting backdown for though

Sooooo....just saying I'm waiting patiently
Old 04-14-2008, 05:59 PM

Pulse Request.
With next update, can RPM readout be muted somehow, so it doesnt jump around +/- 50 rpm.
It's hard to read and irritating.... changes too fast to read easily, IMO.

One other very minor point. Zeros look too much like 8's to my older eyes. What's wrong with an open Zero when no words are being displayed?
JMO

RJ
RPM's should not be jumping, unless of course they are jumping......? Never had that issue. Does your tach flutter at all? I have no doubt it that it will not jump as much because it is mechanically impossible to react like a digital but, if it is moving a little you might just have a bouncy idle?

The 0 can probably be changed but, not gonna happen right this second. It is a lot harder to change fonts than I originally thought and harder than most of you probably think. I will put it on a list but, to be honest that will be down towards the bottom. I don't have an issue with it but, I see where it could be an issue so we will see what we can do about it.

Just as I was figuring out the TPS readout I got a brainstorm, (kind of a dim bulb most of the time ) once before when I had issues I did a hard shutdown and it seems to help...I unplugged the Adrenaline while the truck was idling and restarted, had a CEL for the first 2 test starts but the TT shuts down nice as you could ask for now...I'm still gonna monitor the TPS...
If somehow the bus was jumbled a little or something then your truck should run a whole lot better??? Never heard of that but, glad it is working!

*impatiently waiting for the pulse updates*

Just did a hard run on the expressway and got about 21 psi of boost, held 15 pounds fuel pressure, and about 1150* for EGT's BUT the truck was defueling. Backdown was never more than 5 I think? Kinda curious what I was getting backdown for though

Sooooo....just saying I'm waiting patiently
First, you need more boost! I am guessing you are on the stock HY without a j-hook? You need to be careful but, another 15 psi or so would do wonders for you!

Do you have a de-fueling tune installed? Realize that even though it is set at 1250 or 1150 we will start de-fueling earlier than those numbers in order to stop any overshooting that might occur. On a stock truck we can do this pretty easily but, as you add injectors and other mods it gets harder and harder. Our #1 priority is to make certain we do not overshoot, so sometimes we pull the trigger a little early to keep the engine safe. As you saw we did not just back all the way down or anything but, just enough to put the EGT's in check and keep them from hurting anything.

If you had approached the 1250 mark and kept your foot in it you would see the backdown% get on up there pretty quickly.

This is sort of one of the downsides to watching the rate of rise and not just an egt number, it is a small downside in my opinion, I would rather be safe than sorry!

Another thing is that you could have had it de-fueling on another parameter?? You might check that as well.

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....