Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 12:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well its better and already smokes like a train lol, but under very light throttel it surges pretty bad if i hold it at that level and press the up and down buttons the surge gets worse with tne numbers going up and better to none as the numbers go down to 0. now right now im only playing with 1/4 throttel so i guess the throttel pressure id be describing is a 1/4 of that like right when it starts to actualy have throttel, i cant wait to get the head tourqed down and kosher so i can do some wot runs! and thanks so far quad you have some of the best customer service out there
Old 04-08-2008, 10:08 AM

One thing I have noticed after downloading the RowJ file that quad sent me. This thing smokes under the lightest acceleration and I am getting horrible mileage.... I'm gonna try to update to one of the files on the website. Also I have ben running on level 2 which I have been doin. Will try keeping it on 1.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:56 AM

Does the Control Pod read 0 for boost when at idle?

PL02 is just bus fueling and has nothing to do with the changes made on the Rowj stuff. This part has not changed at all.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Quad, does level 3 on the current ADR 2000 tune have a little less low end fueling than level 2? I seem to get more lugging smoke at 1/4 throttle on level 2 than 3. If I go WOT, then level 3 on up definitely smokes more and adds a lot of fuel. Just wondering if level 3 has a smidge less bus fueling than level 2.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:36 AM
JIT

Originally Posted by Big Blue24
Quad, does level 3 on the current ADR 2000 tune have a little less low end fueling than level 2? I seem to get more lugging smoke at 1/4 throttle on level 2 than 3. If I go WOT, then level 3 on up definitely smokes more and adds a lot of fuel. Just wondering if level 3 has a smidge less bus fueling than level 2.
I feel the same... PL02 seems to surge more than PL03 for some reason.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:19 PM

PL03 has the same bus fueling as PL02. The difference is that when you actually start stretching the pump it soften that initial hit of the bus fueling because we stretch the pulse sooner than we alter the bus.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:21 PM

Got her hard mounted!
Attached Thumbnails Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....-5535_5555mounts0001.jpg   Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....-5535_5555mounts0007.jpg  
Old 04-08-2008, 03:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone with unresponsive buttons on the Pulse?
'Haulin Mutt' got this from Quad and passed it on to me.
-Remove top cover.... four screws
-Remove board....two smaller screws
-Used Q-Tip with rubbing alcohol on it to clean the carbon (?) contact on the bottom of each button, and the 'touch pad'.

Works great

RJ
Old 04-08-2008, 04:04 PM

J Double
I really like how you have the Pulse mounted. It's almost in the same spot I have mine, except I used Quad's mounting hardware, but I like your setup a lot better. It looks like I'll have to order one of those flexible mounts myself. Thanks for the pics
mishkaya
Old 04-08-2008, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Big Blue24
When I entered values for current tire size, the correct vehicle MPH would not get any readings. It acted like part of the equation was missing. So I went into the stock tire size part and upped the size to what my calculations were and now the correct vehicle speed works.

Fluke?

Or possible part of the code that needs massaging?

Everything works great now that I changed the number for stock tire size.
I've noticed the same issue. I left "Stock tire size" stock, and changed "current tire size" to 103.1 for my 285's. If I pick vehicle speed it reads what my speedo reads (which is obviously off because of the tires). If I choose true vehicle speed I get "0" for MPH. Never changes.

Pulse/Adrenaline still has the bug where if you try to go back and change the display values after your initial set-up and happen to want to change Display two's value, it updates display ones value.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:47 PM

Pulse/Adrenaline still has the bug where if you try to go back and change the display values after your initial set-up and happen to want to change Display two's value, it updates display ones value.
If ur doing what I think ur doing, it's not a "bug".

Whatever screen you are on is D1.
Soooo, if you have your "main" screen that you monitor most of the time, which would be D1, but you want to change a couple of parameters on D2, so you switch your screen to D2 and proceed to change the parameters.
Now, follow me here.......Since you were on the D2 screen when you went to change the dispalys, it is now actually D1 because that was the screen showing when you went to change the display, BUT, when you go to change the displays for D2, it is actually changing the D1 screen (which is the main screen that you monitor) because you had it on the D2 screen when you went to change your parameters.

Simply put, whatever screen that you are looking at currently is the D1 screen when you go to change parameters.

I hope I didn't make that sound more complicated than it is.

Got it?????
Old 04-08-2008, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by hink

Soooo, if you have your "main" screen that you monitor most of the time, which would be D1, but you want to change a couple of parameters on D2, so you switch your screen to D2 and proceed to change the parameters.
Now, follow me here.......Since you were on the D2 screen when you went to change the dispalys, it is now actually D1 because that was the screen showing when you went to change the display, BUT, when you go to change the displays for D2, it is actually changing the D1 screen (which is the main screen that you monitor) because you had it on the D2 screen when you went to change your parameters.

Simply put, whatever screen that you are looking at currently is the D1 screen when you go to change parameters.

Got it?????
No, you were spot on in your explanation and I know what you mean. I guess I didn't notice, so I'll have to go check. Either way, I think this was a known bug in the past, or maybe it's been the way you said it all along. I'll be driving the truck in a little bit so we'll see soon.

Thanks for the heads up though!

Shawn

p.s. also gonna try what blue did and offset the "stock" size and see what the vehicle speed reads since he said that worked for him.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by RowJ
Anyone with unresponsive buttons on the Pulse?
'Haulin Mutt' got this from Quad and passed it on to me.
-Remove top cover.... four screws
-Used Q-Tip with rubbing alcohol on it to clean the carbon (?) contact on the bottom of each button.

Works great

RJ
Thanks RJ. Button #3 and #4 don't like me at all.

Originally Posted by mishkaya
J Double
I really like how you have the Pulse mounted. It's almost in the same spot I have mine, except I used Quad's mounting hardware, but I like your setup a lot better. It looks like I'll have to order one of those flexible mounts myself. Thanks for the pics
mishkaya

I think it's the best location for making adjustments. Since the button positions are on the right, it only made sense to mount it on the right. JMHO
Old 04-08-2008, 07:14 PM

Well, you were right Hink. Thanks a bunch. That solved my issues of changing values on screen on accident. Also, for whatever reason, the adjusted speed started working properly without me having to try screwing with the stock values.

All in all, tonight was a good night!
Old 04-08-2008, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by hink

Got it?????
That is absolutely correct.

The new update handles this differently so it won't be an issue.

The new menus are much friendlier and information is much easier to get with less button pushes. For example once you select the number of displays you want, the next screen that has Top Left, Top Right etc on it will also have the parameter that is currently being used in this spot. So at a glance you can see what you have and where it is.

Incorporated into this D1 will always be D1 and likewise for D2.

We are doing the same sort of stuff for the warnings and de-fueling menus to make it easier to see at a glance.

Hang tight, I think when we finish this last update it will be nice and shiny!

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....