Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Whussjr
I ran the truck 4 weeks ago before I got the Adrenaline and turbo. It ran 218hp/447tq. I guess I expected more than 105hp from both. Was I wrong?
Are you on you're original pump? The HO pump doesn't really play nice with boxes. I'd try some injectors before expecting something else. Low dyno numbers is also a good sign of a dying VP.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by marine4life
Are you on you're original pump? The HO pump doesn't really play nice with boxes. I'd try some injectors before expecting something else. Low dyno numbers is also a good sign of a dying VP.
I have a set of Mach 2's on the way. Yes, it's the original IP. I was leaning towards the VP but didn't know if they died slowly or not. Thanks!
Old 04-05-2008, 09:46 PM

Whussjr, I'd say something's definitely not right. My setup is pretty much just like yours but with a stock turbo, and I dynoed more than that.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:15 PM

Quad, looking good.. I thought engine hours are a broad cast data reading on the later trucks... Anyway we could get it added to the list of parameters???
Bryan
Old 04-05-2008, 11:42 PM

i was driving back from dhl loomis the other day and i noticed my screen started flashing 0 for fuel... but it seemed to be running fine. i changed the warning alerts and noticed everything was reading 0. i checked all cables and it seemed good. i shut the truck off, unpluged the chip and pluged it back in and everything worked good. no problems since. any ideas anyone?
Old 04-06-2008, 12:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When I entered values for current tire size, the correct vehicle MPH would not get any readings. It acted like part of the equation was missing. So I went into the stock tire size part and upped the size to what my calculations were and now the correct vehicle speed works.

Fluke?

Or possible part of the code that needs massaging?

Everything works great now that I changed the number for stock tire size.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:14 AM

What I've been trying to figure out about the Pulse/Adrenaline is this tire size programming.

Does the Pulse actually reprogram the ECM for your new tire size so that your Odometer and dash speedometer are correct again? Or is the new tire size only entered into the Pulse and the correct speed only present on the Pulse, the truck itself is still wrong? If that's the case it doesn't quite replace my Smarty.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by JLand
What I've been trying to figure out about the Pulse/Adrenaline is this tire size programming.

Does the Pulse actually reprogram the ECM for your new tire size so that your Odometer and dash speedometer are correct again? Or is the new tire size only entered into the Pulse and the correct speed only present on the Pulse, the truck itself is still wrong? If that's the case it doesn't quite replace my Smarty.
my speedo is still off as it has been for years but if you set one of the parameters to true vehicle speed on the pulse it will give you an accurate speed reading given you have entered accurate numbers. mine works perfectly (checked with GPS) with stock for stock tire size and 105 for my 315s
Old 04-06-2008, 12:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pulse upgrade worked well.....I think? Only thing is I thought the warm up flasher was going to be slowed down. Mine is still fast. No biggie.
Can't test rest of upgrade due to almost inoperative 'down' button.... takes 10-15 pushes before it works...sometimes. Justin is fixing this for me.

Went to track yesterday. The 2000 tune is spectacular, IMO!
-Heavy smoke clears up by 60' (same for bnold's 6 speed)
-Top end pulls very hard
-No shudder when letting off at the end
I am back in the 12.7 range regularly with 10-15 psi launches, and my 1/4 mile speed is up almost 2 mph.
Ran out of time before I could try 20 psi launch, but my best time was 12.76/105.94.... with only a 1.9 sec. 60'.

No point is listing more specifics because I also installed the BD RAD which had to help some and contaminates the Adrenaline improvements.
But, in all honesty it did not do much for my 60' times.
At this track they were all in the 1.9 sec range. I have run 1.6 to 1.7 before the RAD??

I just love the way this 2000 tune feels at the track!

RJ
Old 04-06-2008, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
....Then the hardware wizard pops up. Click on "yes this time only". Then click something to the tune of "find automatically?".
Did not have to do these two steps (never saw them come up).... but the Pulse download said was succesfully completed??
My tire correction does not work. tried 103.0, 104.0 105.0 in stock tire box. Nothing changes??

Also noticed yesterday at track, Bnold's oil pressure reading works but mine does not. Could this have to do with different Oil Pressure sensors on the 02?

RJ
Old 04-06-2008, 07:24 PM
Chapter President

RowJ is too modest. He ran, I think it was 5 runs, and had the lowest ET of all he went up against. Maybe one of these days, we'll get him to bracket race instead of just testing and comparing all of his goodies.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:33 PM

ok soo i got the beast to run finnaly and turned the adraline on and isntanly i could hear the timing advance and at mid throttel in the 1300-2000 rpm range it bucks horrrably i never went full throttel with it because the head only has one tourqe into it and will require some more and the turbo isnt broken in yet but for crusing around it was a lil rough, this was the rowj file
Old 04-06-2008, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by JLand

I have been wondering the same thing. Basically my SMARTY is an expensive code reader and speedo corrector.
I upgrade the pulse today and loaded up the 2000 tune and all I can say is this thing rocks. It rained this morning and with the roads wet I had trouble keeping wheel spin down even in fifth gear. My hats off to you Quad!
Joe
Old 04-06-2008, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by RowJ
Did not have to do these two steps (never saw them come up).... but the Pulse download said was succesfully completed??
My tire correction does not work. tried 103.0, 104.0 105.0 in stock tire box. Nothing changes??

Also noticed yesterday at track, Bnold's oil pressure reading works but mine does not. Could this have to do with different Oil Pressure sensors on the 02?

RJ
If you go back and read my post about updating the Pulse (or not updating), mine did the same thing....said upload succesful, bit it wasn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qzilla
....Then the hardware wizard pops up. Click on "yes this time only". Then click something to the tune of "find automatically?".
This should pop up after you plug in the Pulse, the FOUND NEW HARDWARE wizard will pop up and it will download the drivers for the Pulse update then by doing the 2 mentioned steps.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:52 PM

Pulse upgrade worked well.....I think? Only thing is I thought the warm up flasher was going to be slowed down.
I wondered the same thing since my de-fueling warnings still flash to fast to see. I'm thinking that update didn't get included, but IDK. I was gonna hit Quad with an e-mail later to see if that was included with the update, if it was, then there is NO improvment in the de-fuel flashing. I don't use the warm-up mode anymore so I can't tell ya anything there.

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....