Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got er dooone!!

Can I get another mount for the Pulse?? I want to mount it on my computer screen at night. It'll make a cool night light .

Thanks for the help Quad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-04-2008, 10:49 PM

updates

does anybody know when the adr updates will be able to download with windo vista???
Old 04-04-2008, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by ncdodgeman20
does anybody know when the adr updates will be able to download with windo vista???
I was under the impression that they were already Vista compatible. I could be wrong, but I think it should work. I'm sure Quad or someone will chime in and verify or deny that.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Updated my Pulse couple hours ago. Everything worked great.

For those who will use the adjusted/ correct vehicle speed feature, stock 245/75/16 tires should be 30.5" tall so multiply by pi and you get 95.8 as an answer to enter in for stock tire size.

For current tire, I have 285/75/16. Somewhere around 32.8" so you multiply by pi 3.1415 etc and you get 103.1. With those figures, my displayed vehicle speed perfectly matches real speed. Easily verifiable with those radar boxes the police put up to help remind you to slow down.

Quad, I have noticed premature wear on my rear tires, do you have any solution or ideas to fix this?
Maybe I'll just rotate my tires and put a good hurtin on the taller-less worn front tires.

Last edited by Big Blue24; 04-04-2008 at 11:35 PM. Reason: missed information
Old 04-05-2008, 01:25 AM

Here's the lazy man's way of figuring ur tire circumference . In the top category--enter your OE (stock) tire size--and your Aftermarket tire size and hit the Calculate button. Tells ya everything you need to know. http://www.csgnetwork.com/tireinfo4calc.html

BTW, what is the stock tire size on our trucks?? 245?? or 265?? I'm assuming 245 after readin Blues post. Mine had 265's on it and I thought they were the stock/factory tires, but I'm the second owner so IDK for sure.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:13 AM

Adrenaline tunes are already Vista compatible.

Ok, here is how the tire size thing works.

We have "stock" set at 95.6 according to what they actual stock tires were on the trucks this is .1 off for both single wheel and dual wheel trucks. This .1 will not make a difference until somewhere around 85-90mph. We figured it was just easier.

Now, if you have stock tires you should not need to do anything and you need to select Vehicle speed to watch your MPH.

If you have modified tires you should not have to mess with the stock tire setting but, it is not going to hurt anything. We did this in the event that someone had a recalibrated speedo for larger tires, they could input that as stock.

So for 99% of you guys you should not have to mess with it.

Just go to the aftermarket tire size, punch in the right number and then select the True Vehicle Speed parameter and it will show up correct.

I am not sure what to do about tire wear?? It is easy to compensate for if you now what the wear is. Just punch it in as smaller and watch True Vehicle Speed.

Also, not all 245/75/16 tires will be the same, each manufacturer will be different. Just realize that it takes quite a bit of adjustment before it makes much of a difference below 60-70mph.

If you have larger tires setting this up is important to getting accurate 0-60 and 1/4 results.

Also the tests are pretty accurate given what we have to work with. I am not going to pretend they are going to match an actual race track but, it should be pretty darn close. These tests are fun to play with and are repeatable and they can give you a good idea on performance, especially if you start making changes and want to see if they made a difference.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:46 AM
Chapter President

How does everyone (that does it) upgrade the Pulse? The cord is hard wired into the controller. Do you have to disconnect and take the unit in the house or do you have a laptop? I have mine in the pillar and really do not want to take my truck apart to do an update, since I do not own a laptop, or really have a need for one.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by wurkenman
How does everyone (that does it) upgrade the Pulse? The cord is hard wired into the controller. Do you have to disconnect and take the unit in the house or do you have a laptop? I have mine in the pillar and really do not want to take my truck apart to do an update, since I do not own a laptop, or really have a need for one.
That pretty much is the only two options you get. Same reason I recommended a plug directly behind the pulse and an intermediate cord so that updates are easier.

BUT, think of how many times this will actually get updated. We've got a finite amount of things that can be done with the pulse, and eventually when we reach that point updates shouldn't be as common or at all for that matter.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by wurkenman
xtoyz17 has it right. I had to use a laptop to upgrade mine as it takes at least 1/2 an hour to get the wire through the firewall (as much stuff as I have going through there) so it was my only option. Also I was not able to update the pulse monitor until I had it disconnected from the Adrenaline (took my a couple of tries to figure it out). I also recommended that the cable have plugs on both ends to be disconnected from the Pulse. I hear it will be the case with the next run.
mishkaya
Old 04-05-2008, 06:37 PM

i havent been posting a whole lot just talking on the phone with justin, who in my opinion is doing a hell of a job over there, but no news is good news. the ADR is running great and i am having 0 issues. actually today with the new file it sputtered a little on WOT which it has never done but i will continue testing... my tire size adjustment for my 315s is 105, and is perfectly accurate with my gps for actual vehicle speed. all these new features are amazing, my hat is off to the ADRENALINE team. Anyway, i was just cleaning up my wire mess under the hood and removing my drag comp and it was amazing how much crap i had going through that poor grommet that i had turned into the downtown hooker! its so much cleaner now! now for my question, i plugged my download cable into the adrenaline box and routed it into the cab, is it bad mojo to leave it plugged in to the box 24/7? the only thing i see being a problem is dust getting in the box itself through the cable hole but i figured a nice dab of RTV would solve that.... thoughts???

also, congrats on the new addition to the family quad!!
Old 04-05-2008, 06:49 PM

Congrats on the new addition to your family Quad, all the best from up North Of The Border...
Old 04-05-2008, 06:50 PM

Hi guys. I'm fairly new to the site and I'm lost for ideas, So I figured I'd come to the experts. I was on the dyno today and things didn't turn out the way I thought they would. Stock #'s 236hp/484tq. Adrenaline on level 7 was the best at 323hp/700tq. I'm runnin the lastest update. Everything else checks out. Anybody have any ideas?
Old 04-05-2008, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Whussjr
Hi guys. I'm fairly new to the site and I'm lost for ideas, So I figured I'd come to the experts. I was on the dyno today and things didn't turn out the way I thought they would. Stock #'s 236hp/484tq. Adrenaline on level 7 was the best at 323hp/700tq. I'm runnin the lastest update. Everything else checks out. Anybody have any ideas?

Seeing that stock you would be hitting about 180-190hp without the turbo and box on the dyno you are right about where you should be. You need some bigger sticks to get good use out of that turbo and box. Add some Mach 4's and you will be right at where Im at power wise.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by marine4life
Seeing that stock you would be hitting about 180-190hp without the turbo and box on the dyno you are right about where you should be. You need some bigger sticks to get good use out of that turbo and box. Add some Mach 4's and you will be right at where Im at power wise.
I ran the truck 4 weeks ago before I got the Adrenaline and turbo. It ran 218hp/447tq. I guess I expected more than 105hp from both. Was I wrong?
Old 04-05-2008, 07:58 PM

Downloading tunes to a Mac running Windows XP

This may be the wrong forum for this question but has anyone successfully connected to the Adrenaline with a Mac running Windows? I've been around the block(at least three times) on this one and can't seem to find a scenario that will allow me to connect. In the meantime I've been running the stock tunes and they work really well...just want to be able to experience what everyone else is experiencing at the higher performance levels.

TIA for any assistance.

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....