Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just thinking out loud but I take it stage 3 was custom tuning via computer of some sorts??? If thats it then I say the pulse does that and would appeal to all the needs of everyday you and me. And the SERIOUS racers would be the few to ever need something of the sorts although I could be COMPLETELY wrong on my guess lol
Old 04-02-2008, 10:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quad, I like the idea of the "dyno cheat mode", and I do think it will work for drag racing. You would probably have to be careful building boost before staging so you don't smoke out the lights, but it should make it super consistient. The user configurable levels will also work great for me. Being able to make smaller adjustments in fueling will help me out. Lots of good ideas!

Paul
Old 04-02-2008, 02:35 PM
JIT

I noticed this when I first hooked up my Pulse and forgot to ask...

What is the "HOT UNLOCK CODE" for if we can get all these custom tunes for free?
Old 04-02-2008, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by JIT

What is the "HOT UNLOCK CODE" for if we can get all these custom tunes for free?
haha i noticed that too. i bet they will offer a drag setup or something like that for a premium in the future. or stage 3 will be offered at a premium. the boys have to get paid somehow!
Old 04-02-2008, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
So, lots of things to do. We plan on having everything done by sometime next week other than possibly the custom tuning since it is an "extra" added feature and not included. So that means provided we do not make any stupid mistakes we can have them ready for the public in 2-3 weeks.

so am i reading this correctly...you should have the whole thing packed and ready to ship to the general public in about 2-3 wks....pulse and Adren...that's what i been waiting for!!!!!!!!

NCA
Old 04-03-2008, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by JIT

You must not be getting the "beta emails" ?

It won't be a "hot unlock" that is just what is there now. There will be an unlock if you want to use the Custom Tuning stuff. Basically you go to the website, buy the unlock an then punch it into the Pulse and you are ready to do Custom Tuning.

That is the long and short of it anyhow!

so am i reading this correctly...you should have the whole thing packed and ready to ship to the general public in about 2-3 wks....pulse and Adren...that's what i been waiting for!!!!!!!!
That is the goal. We have some touching up to do on the Pulse and the little things are eating our lunch.

There will be a whole new list of updates tomorrow for the Adrenaline. We solved the TT and HI issue on the 99-00 trucks and we added the newest tuning to all of them. Those should be up by lunch I think.

There should be an update out for the Pulse as well that enables the Performance Tests and the tire size calibration.

From there we hope to have 1 more Pulse update and then it is ready to go!
Old 04-03-2008, 03:22 AM

shoot if its that close ill wait, let a buddy try out my XZT+ and he aint given it back i like the idea of ripping out my gages for the pulse too.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:18 AM

That is the goal. We have some touching up to do on the Pulse and the little things are eating our lunch.

There will be a whole new list of updates tomorrow for the Adrenaline. We solved the TT and HI issue on the 99-00 trucks and we added the newest tuning to all of them. Those should be up by lunch I think.

There should be an update out for the Pulse as well that enables the Performance Tests and the tire size calibration.

From there we hope to have 1 more Pulse update and then it is ready to go!
boy you and your people continue to impress...every time i call, read or hear something it is always good stuff.

thanks Quad!

NCA
Old 04-03-2008, 09:54 AM
JIT

You must not be getting the "beta emails" ?
You are correct. I have only recieved 2 "beta Emails" since November outside my talking with Justin. I still dont know why I would get 2 and not the rest. I have another email if you can add that one to your list...

toycannon11@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Josh
Old 04-03-2008, 10:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Noticed something with latest...post dyno...tune!
I actually get more fueling surge on PL02 than on PL05??
Both will surge if I lug motor below 1500 rpm but PL02 is worst when trying to maintain lower cruise speeds with engine around 1700 rpm.

Just a curious observation. Not really significant because I love PL05 for daily driving!
So much so I have yet to try higher settings, other than on the dyno.

RJ
Old 04-03-2008, 10:31 AM

Got some miles on this tune yesterday, Driving around on PL05 is a lot of fun, but I still cant cruise with it. Can hear a slight surge through the stacks and can feel it in the driveline every now and then. Driving in town on PL05 is fine as long as I keep the RPMs up. Try and crusie under 1500 (which happens a lot with a stick) and it gets very surgy... I really dont think this is an issue that has to be resolved as this is an aggressive tune.

I can cruise on PL03 now I believe without a problem which is very nice.. can set the cruise at 70 and not hear the surge or feel it (not enough miles to say for certain) and I still have some fueling on tap for passing/fun...

I imagine once the tuning functions are enabled I could turn up the required throttle input required for fueling. That way if I wanted it on PL05 cruising in town (for whatever reason), I could drive normal, get above that throttle input requirement and hold on!

Haven't tried PL02 to test RJs findings and haven't been above PL05 yet either (actually just 3 and 5 so far!)

Definitely a great tune! I'd have to think that any minor tweaks would be from truck to truck at this point... My low end surge probably has a lot to do with Mach 6.5 sticks and the extra fueling, so I could turn down the way low end throttle and probably be good to go, this wouldn't be so great for someone with smaller sticks that wants some added power on the bottom...

Ya ok Ramble off
Old 04-03-2008, 12:10 PM

I verified Rowlands findings. 5 seems to be much smoother at about 60-65 on the highway (1676 rpms according to the pulse ). 2 seems like it starts hiccuping a bit.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:07 PM

New files are up
http://quadzillapower.com/products/a...ate_98-02.html
Old 04-03-2008, 05:14 PM

i will be getting on the dyno this SAT. so anyone have any recommendations regaurding different files and PL's?
Old 04-03-2008, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by xtoyz17
So is this the renamed RJ file?

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....