Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wasn't sure on that Quad, just thought I'd mention since I know before you didn't want folks sharing in the Beta.

BTW, here is an update on my first run of the Row J tune thanks to Mike D having his camera around: https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=199218 This tune ROCKS! I was only on 5 in the vid's! Almost no surge on 5, lowers are even less. I'll save the other levels for the track and dyno......5 is plenty fun on the street!
Old 04-01-2008, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Tiger Rag
Wasn't sure on that Quad, just thought I'd mention since I know before you didn't want folks sharing in the Beta.

BTW, here is an update on my first run of the Row J tune thanks to Mike D having his camera around: https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=199218 This tune ROCKS! I was only on 5 in the vid's! Almost no surge on 5, lowers are even less. I'll save the other levels for the track and dyno......5 is plenty fun on the street!

maybe its your setup but 5 seems boring to me. i always have 10 on.

btw the tire size thing does not work yet, correct? i'm not in a panic i'm just making sure i'm using mine right.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:32 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by IntakeRacing

btw the tire size thing does not work yet, correct? i'm not in a panic i'm just making sure i'm using mine right.
5 feels just like the drag comp in my truck, I use 5 alot.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:34 PM

I gotta stop coming to this thread I'm getting anxious.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by IntakeRacing

It's pretty hard keeping the tires planted on 5 for me. I gave 7 a try on a short blast on the interstate but it was kind of hard to tell anything with that test. 5 is very smooth so around town, I'm extremely satisfied with that as a "fun" setting. This is also the first time I drove this program and I don't drive the truck on a daily basis anymore.

Quad on another note, it appears the performance settings are active. I went into "Timing" and adjusted it. I lowered it to 15. I assumed those were some type of percentages. Do these changes take effect once selecting them? Thanks for all the hard work, this thing is really getting dialed it!

PS. It appears to me this is going to be awesome with this monitor!
Old 04-01-2008, 11:04 PM

The tire size correction is not enabled on the current software. This is done and working. The 0-60 performance test is done and working and we made 1 slight change to the 1/4 mile test to add 60' time and speed. We will test that in the morning to be sure it is finished. The 1/4 mile test will show you 60' tim and mph, 1/8 mile time and mph and 1/4 time and mph. I am not going to say it as accurate as the strip but, it works pretty darn good. It is at least accurate enough to test mods and different power levels. It will be very contingent on getting your tire size in there properly.

Worse case scenario we can release an update tomorrow that has the tire calibration and performance tests tomorrow.

There are a few other items that need touching up and polishing though and we are trying to include them in the update as well.

Now, for the Performance tuning stuff. There is a menu and you can change them but, it is not functional. If you go back to the menu you changed you will see it is back to the off or whatever the default is.

This will be done pretty quick but, we added 2 more things to the menu list and we are also polishing that up and adding some short text blurbs with each menu so that you know what you are doing on each setting. For example we will not likely have timing as 0-100% because what is 100%??? So, we are either going to do a % over max stock, or just do it in degrees o advance. Of course that setting basically just sets the max advance the Adrenaline will ever do. You will be able to turn it off "stock" or we are actually going to let you go another 30% or so more than what our current "max" is currently for those that want to play with some extreme mileage stuff.

We are also going to let you decide how many power levels you have. You will always get Off and PL01 and PL02 will ALWAYS be timing only and timing and fuel on the can bus. This basically lets you decide how you want to divide up the main pump stretch. Right now it will be adjustable from 5,7,9,11(current configuration),13,15,17,19 which would give you a max of PL00-PL18. Or you could have PL00-PL04 which PL03 and PL04 would hit awfully hard!! Or you can have a lot of choices inbetween.

So, lots of things to do. We plan on having everything done by sometime next week other than possibly the custom tuning since it is an "extra" added feature and not included. So that means provided we do not make any stupid mistakes we can have them ready for the public in 2-3 weeks.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:12 PM

Oh and 1 more thing we are adding to the custom tuning list is a Fuel Map Override.

This is useful for dyno tuning and dyno running. Basically you would set your MAX Fuel stretch which is a different menu. Then you go into the MAP override and it allows you to set the Adrenaline up so that it fuels at a steady rate and not follow a "map" once you are off idle. So lets say you want to select Max Stretch 120% and Map Override of 100%. This means that as soon as you are off idle you will get additional fuel stretch of 120% over the stock max. This takes boost, TPS, Load%, IAT and RPM out of the equation. It will let you have all the fuel you asked for at 1000rpms and no boost for a dyno pull. You could never run like this on the street but, with a couple of button pushes you are back to your street setting. Doing this sort of cheats the dyno because you are not trying to make all these things happen like Load% and Boost happen that ar tough to get on the dyno in order to get the module to fuel properly.

In playing with this we found you can gain another 100ft lbs of torque and another 20-30hp by doing this as you get the fuel sooner which spools the turbo faster. Sort of a "dyni cheat" mode. I presume it could work for drag racing as well but, I have not tested that.

And we are also adding "profiles" for the custom tuning so that you can have a couple of settings saved so they are easy to go back to while you are tuning on your truck. You could easily have one saved for the dyno, one saved for the street and one saved for the race track. You will be able to switch these on the fly with a couple of button pushes.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
The tire size correction is not enabled on the current software. This is done and working. The 0-60 performance test is done and working and we made 1 slight change to the 1/4 mile test to add 60' time and speed. We will test that in the morning to be sure it is finished. The 1/4 mile test will show you 60' tim and mph, 1/8 mile time and mph and 1/4 time and mph. I am not going to say it as accurate as the strip but, it works pretty darn good. It is at least accurate enough to test mods and different power levels. It will be very contingent on getting your tire size in there properly.

Worse case scenario we can release an update tomorrow that has the tire calibration and performance tests tomorrow.

There are a few other items that need touching up and polishing though and we are trying to include them in the update as well.

Now, for the Performance tuning stuff. There is a menu and you can change them but, it is not functional. If you go back to the menu you changed you will see it is back to the off or whatever the default is.

This will be done pretty quick but, we added 2 more things to the menu list and we are also polishing that up and adding some short text blurbs with each menu so that you know what you are doing on each setting. For example we will not likely have timing as 0-100% because what is 100%??? So, we are either going to do a % over max stock, or just do it in degrees o advance. Of course that setting basically just sets the max advance the Adrenaline will ever do. You will be able to turn it off "stock" or we are actually going to let you go another 30% or so more than what our current "max" is currently for those that want to play with some extreme mileage stuff.

We are also going to let you decide how many power levels you have. You will always get Off and PL01 and PL02 will ALWAYS be timing only and timing and fuel on the can bus. This basically lets you decide how you want to divide up the main pump stretch. Right now it will be adjustable from 5,7,9,11(current configuration),13,15,17,19 which would give you a max of PL00-PL18. Or you could have PL00-PL04 which PL03 and PL04 would hit awfully hard!! Or you can have a lot of choices inbetween.

So, lots of things to do. We plan on having everything done by sometime next week other than possibly the custom tuning since it is an "extra" added feature and not included. So that means provided we do not make any stupid mistakes we can have them ready for the public in 2-3 weeks.

Cool, I keep forgetting about the 1/4 mile times, that is awesome. 60' times are really even better because that is where your run is made or lost and is a lot safer to run on the streets. This keeps getting better and better!
Old 04-01-2008, 11:20 PM

Oh and 1 more thing we are adding to the custom tuning list is a Fuel Map Override.

This is useful for dyno tuning and dyno running. Basically you would set your MAX Fuel stretch which is a different menu. Then you go into the MAP override and it allows you to set the Adrenaline up so that it fuels at a steady rate and not follow a "map" once you are off idle. So lets say you want to select Max Stretch 120% and Map Override of 100%. This means that as soon as you are off idle you will get additional fuel stretch of 120% over the stock max. This takes boost, TPS, Load%, IAT and RPM out of the equation. It will let you have all the fuel you asked for at 1000rpms and no boost for a dyno pull. You could never run like this on the street but, with a couple of button pushes you are back to your street setting. Doing this sort of cheats the dyno because you are not trying to make all these things happen like Load% and Boost happen that ar tough to get on the dyno in order to get the module to fuel properly.

In playing with this we found you can gain another 100ft lbs of torque and another 20-30hp by doing this as you get the fuel sooner which spools the turbo faster. Sort of a "dyni cheat" mode. I presume it could work for drag racing as well but, I have not tested that.

And we are also adding "profiles" for the custom tuning so that you can have a couple of settings saved so they are easy to go back to while you are tuning on your truck. You could easily have one saved for the dyno, one saved for the street and one saved for the race track. You will be able to switch these on the fly with a couple of button pushes.
Wow, even better. This is getting pretty exciting!
Old 04-01-2008, 11:30 PM

Dude
! This thing rocks!! Get to put some miles on it this weekend.. Very excited!! Suppose I should get the truck inspected first.... Date is 02/08... ehhh. little expired!
Old 04-01-2008, 11:43 PM

When do all of us unlucky guys that arent beta testers get to hear about phase 3?
Old 04-01-2008, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bjans
When do all of us unlucky guys that arent beta testers get to hear about phase 3?
X 2??????????
Old 04-01-2008, 11:56 PM

You are hearing about Phase 2.5 .

Phase 2.5 was not really planned and sort of came up between us building Phase 2 and Phase 3. I do not think it will replace Phase 3 at this point but, I think it is a more realistic approach for more people and will be more widely used. It will also be released much sooner than Phase 3.

We will re-evaluate Phase 3 with the beta testers after Phase 2 and 2.5 is finished and we know what we have to work with. I know Phase 3 would be better from a techincal standpoint for some but, for 99% of the people I think 2.5 is plenty and is actually more usable since you can do it right on the Pulse monitor and on the fly.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As you expand the functions for Phase 2.5, is more really needed? From a practical standpoint it sounds like 2.5 will do all I will ever need....
and do it more easily!
Original plan for Phase 3 was very exciting but no longer appears essential.
JMO

RJ
Old 04-02-2008, 08:47 AM

We will re-evaluate Phase 3 with the beta testers after Phase 2 and 2.5 is finished and we know what we have to work with. I know Phase 3 would be better from a techincal standpoint for some but, for 99% of the people I think 2.5 is plenty and is actually more usable since you can do it right on the Pulse monitor and on the fly.
I still want it! I just refered back to the email you sent out on 9/27/07 and still think it would be very useful for a lot of people. JMHO

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....