Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 08:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2141pete
I can get mine to do a burnout easy but at the track it is bad in 1st and 2nd gear. The smarty get's rid of it but it reprograms the ECM so I guess maybe there is no hope without a RAD or smarty
Once Smarty has been tried, the ECM stays reprogramed.... even if you take CTD back to stock. BUT, as has been mentioned here before, the Smarty does not remove all of the 01 & 02 automatic defueling program.... just most.

Originally Posted by paulb
They actually did put it on the 01 - 02 pickups with manuals, but it is completely different, then the torque management on the autos. Paul
Very interesting...never heard that before. Many would probably love to hear details. Know how it works?
Does the RAD help.... is it needed?

Also, BD literature says the 2000.5's have TQ Mgmt program ..... as well as 03's through 05's. Know anything about this, Paul?

RJ
Old 03-31-2008, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RowJ
Once Smarty has been tried, the ECM stays reprogramed.... even if you take CTD back to stock. BUT, as has been mentioned here before, the Smarty does not remove all of the 01 & 02 automatic defueling program

RJ

Thanks, I asked Bob through pm's several times but have never heard back. I only loaded a smarty once so I'll see if it kicked it out or not. I know it keeps the high Idle, but if it keeps the Tq managment out for the most part that would be good news!
Old 03-31-2008, 01:18 PM

Very interesting...never heard that before. Many would probably love to hear details. Know how it works?
Does the RAD help.... is it needed?

Also, BD literature says the 2000.5's have TQ Mgmt program ..... as well as 03's through 05's. Know anything about this, Paul?
RJ
I can not verify anything I have heard on the manual, because I don't have one, so take this with a grain of salt. The torque management on the manuals is a combination of gear (1st and 2nd), below a certain mph (don't remember what that is), and above a certain boost level (around 20 psi). On a stock truck you can't get much more then 20psi, and on a modified truck you probably are above the mph, before you get to the boost level. Like I said before, it really doesn't seem to be an issue with manual truck. I wish I had more exact values....

I know the 03's through the 05's have it, and the TNT version of the smarty will delete it, and well as the speed limiter. There is a video posted by Bob Wagner on here somewhere that shows the torque management on a 3rd Gen. Not sure about the 2000.5's...

Marco had posted a long time ago about the Smarty reducing the torque limiting on a 2nd gen, but not being able to eliminate it. 60' times usually decrease when using a RAD on a 2nd gen over a Smarty. Unless tire slippage occurs...

Paul
Old 03-31-2008, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by J Lent
That sucks, no gauges & cel. I've never heard that one before.
Actually, With the RAD...all I loose is RPM and the Speedo can't be trusted...reads low sometimes. Oil pressure is a bit lower too, I think. All I've noticed so far.
I set up the Pulse for two screens....RPM & MPH. Works like a charm. The CEL light will go out after three regular starts (thanks Paul) indicating that no problem continues. Takes some getting use to but not that bad, IMO.

RJ
Old 03-31-2008, 02:04 PM
JIT

Well that makes sense I guess. With just the Adrenaline my truck was poping off the line at the drag strip. But when I stacked the Smarty it went away. (along with my tranny )

Is this the Tourque managment???

Old 03-31-2008, 02:29 PM

yep thats the torque management. mine will only disapear with the samrty above level 3. still there on level 2
Old 03-31-2008, 04:03 PM
JIT

Originally Posted by Bjans
yep thats the torque management. mine will only disapear with the samrty above level 3. still there on level 2
Yep... Smarty on #2 still poped but Smarty on #4 stacked with Adrenaline =
Old 03-31-2008, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by JIT
Yep... Smarty on #2 still poped but Smarty on #4 stacked with Adrenaline =
i didnt catch the time on that run...was it 4x4 and boosted??
Old 03-31-2008, 07:08 PM

I'm going to have to load #4 and see if I feel a difference over #2.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:10 AM

thanks guys for hookin me up with the RowJ file... April Fools. Come'on I know someone can email it to me..... maybe it was my email being lame but try agtek@boggspaving.com if someone would be so kind!!!! Thanks -Chris
Old 04-01-2008, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by TqMnster
thanks guys for hookin me up with the RowJ file... April Fools. Come'on I know someone can email it to me..... maybe it was my email being lame but try agtek@boggspaving.com if someone would be so kind!!!! Thanks -Chris
Are you a Beta Tester??
Old 04-01-2008, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
Are you a Beta Tester??
Does it matter?
If he isn't...just means he paid a bit more than we did for the Adrenaline. JMO

Unless Quad has some reason for wanting to restrict the new tune?? Thought we were past that when they started shipping to dealers. AJMO
Am I missing something?

RJ
Old 04-01-2008, 12:41 PM

Does it matter?
If he isn't...just means he paid more than we did for the Adrenaline. JMO

Unless Quad has some reason for wanting to restrict the new tune?? Thought we were past that when they started shipping to dealers. AJMO
Am I missing something?

RJ
At one point Quad said he didn't want anyone sharing tunes because he was sending specific tunes to specific applications. Not sure if your RowJ tune has different variations for year model truck, auto/manual, or what.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:02 PM

I sent it twice and just now a thrid time.

Don't care if he is a beta for this program or not.

The whole reason for not swapping files is when we were trying to solve an issue it is too hard if people are swapping files. I need people to be on the same page so I know I am getting good feedback.

At this time it does not make any difference.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:23 PM

Does it matter?
If he isn't...just means he paid more than we did for the Adrenaline. JMO

Am I missing something?

RJ
Was just curious if he was a tester, that's all...

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....