Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 04:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2141pete
If they could just get rid of the Tq management I would be in heaven.

oh yeah! but if not i'll have to buy that chip that gets rid of it from bd power. its only a couple hundred i think.

btw that dynorun, which pl setting was it on? in the the new rowj file is 8 still a touch more powerful or is 10 better?
Old 03-30-2008, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by IntakeRacing
oh yeah! but if not i'll have to buy that chip that gets rid of it from bd power. its only a couple hundred i think.

btw that dynorun, which pl setting was it on? in the the new rowj file is 8 still a touch more powerful or is 10 better?
I had a brand new one that I used for part of the trade for the Adreneline I'm getting. Hopefully they will figure the Tq management out and be able to get rid of it so I dont need to buy something else.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by 2141pete
I had a brand new one that I used for part of the trade for the Adreneline I'm getting. Hopefully they will figure the Tq management out and be able to get rid of it so I dont need to buy something else.
I wonder if it can even be done from the Pulse/Adrenaline? I know with the RAD, you need to cut and intercept the required signals with the RAD close to the ECM and also cut and intercept the signals to the PCM.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by J Double
...I know with the RAD, you need to cut and intercept the required signals with the RAD close to the ECM and also cut and intercept the signals to the PCM.
I just broke down and bgt one. Now called the 'Speed Controller, with RAD function". Installed it yesterday.
I don't think it would work for daily driving, even if Quad included it, since we loose gauges and get a full time CEL when it's switched on.
Strictly for racing. If BD couldn't clean it up better than they have and give more regular panel functions... I assume it can't be done.

It is nice that the Speed Controller function which eliminates top end defueling at 115 mph (109 mph on 3rd Gens) works full time.

RJ
Old 03-30-2008, 09:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RowJ
I just broke down and bgt one. Now called the 'Speed Controller, with RAD function". Installed it yesterday.
I don't think it would work for daily driving, even if Quad included it, since we loose gauges and get a full time CEL when it's switched on.
Strictly for racing. If BD couldn't clean it up better than they have and give more regular panel functions... I assume it can't be done.

It is nice that the Speed Controller function which eliminates top end defueling at 115 mph (109 mph on 3rd Gens) works full time.

RJ
That sucks, no gauges & cel. I've never heard that one before.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:25 AM

Man, see what I get for going on vacation! Quad, I didn't get the tune either. I'd love to get it though, especially since my truck doesn't smoke much to begin with!

Email is still xtoyz@frontiernet.net

Thanks,
Shawn!
Old 03-30-2008, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by IntakeRacing

The first run was on pl10, second run was pl10 and water/meth(something is wrong with my meth system), third run was pl10 stacked with smarty 2(top hp and tq was lower, however average hp and tq was a lot higher), third run was pl08(made the most top hp and tq).
Old 03-30-2008, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by RowJ

RJ
PaulB mentioned even though the tach dies, the Pulse will still monitor RPM. That's the only thing that really bothered me with the RAD. Npow I can datalog RPM and see what I'm running it up to.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:43 AM
JIT

What year trucks came with Tourque managment? And what does it do? Why does it need to be bypassed?

Thanks,
josh
Old 03-30-2008, 12:51 PM

I don't know why but with just the adrenaline on I can do a burnout. Now I have the smarty on 2, but without it it still turns em??
Old 03-30-2008, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by JIT
What year trucks came with Tourque managment? And what does it do? Why does it need to be bypassed?

Thanks,
josh
It's on 01 and later trucks. What it does is limit boost (by defueling), when in 1st and 2nd gear (I've never actually felt it in 2nd though), below a certain mph. On my truck if I power brake it to about 22 psi it will start to surge (don't try this with stock shafts!). If I power brake it to 15 psi, and launch it will surge pretty violently right after the launch. With different power levels, it will feel differently. If you are running stock injectors you will probably not feel it much at all. If you are above 450hp, the surge can be pretty bad. At the drag strip 60' times suffer a lot without a RAD (or speed limiter as it's called now).

At this point the only thing I have found that COMPLETELY defeats the torque managment is the RAD/Speed limiter. Other products reduce it, but do not completely defeat it. As mentioned above though it does come at a price, and that is the lose of some of the gauges, and a CEL.

The purpose was to protect the transmission. If you have stock shafts and you feel the torque limiting, it's probably a good thing it's still there...

Paul
Old 03-30-2008, 01:04 PM

If you have stock shafts and you feel the torque limiting, it's probably a good thing it's still there...
And then theres the rest of us..
Old 03-30-2008, 05:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Or if you drive a manual there is no torque management. That said, it is pretty difficult to build the required boost with a manual to require torque management anyway, probably why DC never put torque management on stick shift rigs.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Big Blue24
Or if you drive a manual there is no torque management. That said, it is pretty difficult to build the required boost with a manual to require torque management anyway, probably why DC never put torque management on stick shift rigs.
They actually did put it on the 01 - 02 pickups with manuals, but it is completely different, then the torque management on the autos. You are right though, it is hard to get the required boost to make it kick in.

Paul
Old 03-31-2008, 02:57 AM

I can get mine to do a burnout easy but at the track it is bad in 1st and 2nd gear. The smarty get's rid of it but it reprograms the ECM so I guess maybe there is no hope without a RAD or smarty

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....