Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 11:49 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RowJ
I'm thrilled with this new tune. Can drive around town on PL05 and it feels like when I first got my Smarty and set it on #7.
Difference is less smoke than the Smarty and there is a whole lot of top end with which to play.
Surging is, I believe less than ADR1000. Certainly no more!

I now have a net gain, with the Adrenaline, of 52 HP on this "stingy", older model, Dynojet in Ft Worth. That's over my previous Smarty/TST Comp set up.

Since Quad tested same tune on his manual CTD... I can't believe you all won't be very happy!
And from what little I picked up watching Quad do his thing, I suspect if we had more time, there might be a little more gain to be had!
By the time we settled into a final tune, everything on my truck had to be fairly well heatsoaked!

So anytime my truck is needed, Quad, you can beat on it again.

RJ
Thanks for your trip to Quad. I appreciate you doing that. Well, off to try my new "RowJ" tune out.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EBunger
Ditto, heres mine bdhmbre@yahoo.com I gotta try it

And again if anybody has a spare second. zchornyak@hotmail.com

Thanks!
Old 03-27-2008, 01:27 PM

The Rowj file is a lot smoother in the fueling transition. The throttle response is also better. The "chip in" surge and the cruise surge are unchanged on my truck.

Paul
Old 03-27-2008, 02:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Quad, I felt more power with this new tune. I may be mistaken but the power feels to hit a little more gradual/smooth but definitely has more umph. I can't hold traction in 3rd gear when I mash it.

Quad, I also noticed that I have access to the timing and fueling tables, but when I set them and then go back to see what they are set to, they say "off". Did this option get partially unlocked but not functional?

I recall you made mention that the datalogging feature was going to retain data even when you key off. This RowJ tune clears the stored max and min when you key off. I don't think you intended to change this yet, just wanted us to test the fueling portion. I give RowJ tune A+.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:01 PM
JIT

Quad, somehow I didnt get the "RowJ Tune" but I was on the Beta email list. Now sure what happened but can you (or RowJ) send me the link please?

Thanks,
Josh

jfoster@yaleflorida.com

Old 03-27-2008, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Big Blue24

Quad, I also noticed that I have access to the timing and fueling tables, but when I set them and then go back to see what they are set to, they say "off". Did this option get partially unlocked but not functional?

I recall you made mention that the datalogging feature was going to retain data even when you key off. This RowJ tune clears the stored max and min when you key off. I don't think you intended to change this yet, just wanted us to test the fueling portion. I give RowJ tune A+.
None of the above has been changed and is a Pulse download, not an Adrenaline download.

The tuning menus have always been there but, they are not functional.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:28 PM

Quad, I have not received the RowJ tune yet either. I sent an email about it earlier this morning with my email address.
mishkaya
Old 03-27-2008, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by zchornyak
And again if anybody has a spare second. zchornyak@hotmail.com

Thanks!
And anotherone.... Europe needs RowJ´s tune... if someone can spend another second. oddprods@dof.se

Thanks!

Easter was Adrenalineholliday and I looove this box... made me spin the tires in 4x4 for the first time(boosted launch w/ Smarty on 8). No TM that stopped that as with Smarty #3 or Stock SW.

Thanks RowJ for taking the time...!
Old 03-27-2008, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
None of the above has been changed and is a Pulse download, not an Adrenaline download.

The tuning menus have always been there but, they are not functional.
are u saying the new ROWJ file will only work with the pulse and not adrenaline? sorry for the confusion
Old 03-27-2008, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by paulb
The Rowj file is a lot smoother in the fueling transition. The throttle response is also better. The "chip in" surge and the cruise surge are unchanged on my truck.

Paul
Paul, couple of quick questions.

The surge you get, is this in any power level? What about starting at PL02? I am wondering if you can just feel where we start doing fueling or what it is you are feeling.

Second, does your truck smoke more or less. Most have reported a LOT more smoke and then others say it does not smoke at all. I am wondering if something is wrong with the update I emailed out?
Old 03-27-2008, 05:08 PM

Hate to butt in and bother Quad but id like to try the ROWJ file too. If someone would help me out... jd_price@hotmail.com
Old 03-27-2008, 06:09 PM
Chapter President

This ROWJ tune is the most refined and user friendly tune to date. I had absolutely no surging on any power level at any speed and my truck was one of them with the worst surging at the beginning of the test. I drove 40 miles today on the highway at various speeds. It has an aggressive pull from light throttle position and keeps on pulling with more and more throttle. I really rolled the smoke screen when the turbo would spool down and then get back into it, otherwise just a heavy haze.
Great work, this is the most I have driven my truck with ZERO surging at all.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:57 PM
Banned

I LOVE THIS TUNE!!!!! WOW is it smooth. I had wet roads today on the way home & had the back of my truck sliding all over. The lowend is unreal & it just keeps pulling. I get a sputter when cruising & I let off the throttle, but nothing bad. Other than that, this tune is perfect! Thanks again RowJ, you the man!
Old 03-27-2008, 07:06 PM

Could somebody send the ROWJ tune this way? ahire@nctc.com
Old 03-27-2008, 08:07 PM

Haven't had the tune in long but...THE BOTTOM IS BACK!!! So is the smoke, I had it set on PL05 and this Ferd was playing around...well I lost site of him in the smoke and I never got out of 5...

Now I'll try to find any surging, if it exists...

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....