Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by qzilla
OK, pretty much the only things that DON'T work on the versions that everyone has are:

Custom Tuning Menu- this means everything listed under the tuning menus.
Correct MPH - This will be listed as an additional parameter "True Vehicle Speed"
Performance Tests - this is both the 0-60 test and the 1/4 mile test.

Now, some of this may already have been finished today but, I just wrapped up a solid 10.5 hours on a dyno. So I will have to see if the new update is ready in the morning.

Now, what I would recommend is that you download any of the new tunes on the website. It sounds like you are running an older version that does not support the Pulse. All the new downloads support the Pulse.

Start there and let me know what happens. For that matter you can just download either the ADR1000 or ADR2000 as you can set everything else on your own.
Quad, how about if we are running adr_prod_test.exe? Should we just stick with that or go ahead and try one of the new tunes so we can test the Pulse's new found features?
Old 03-26-2008, 09:42 PM

Are any of you guys running manuals getting any bucking? If i am in a high gear and try to maintain speed right around 1700-1750 ish right were the fuel comes on it does that. I am running ADR2000
Yes I have the same issue. It is very rough on the truck call them up, and they should be able to help you out. They are working on setting me up right now. Trying to smooth out the transition from no fuel to added fuel. At least that is my understanding as what they are trying to do. Also to anybody reading my truck has hardly any noticeable power on any level until that 1700rpm spot. I hear all the hype that this box has lots of lowend power and what not, "better than or equall to the smarty", but what is considered low end? My comp alone was way stronger on the bottom. That is until 1700 then the adrenaline is deffinitely stronger. When I shift with my truck I constantly fall to around 1500 loaded and unloaded and I get nothing more than a stock truck until I hit 1700 again. NO bad mouthing to Quadzillas product just want to know if I have something going on. I was under the impression that my bottom end would be way better than my comp. I'm wondering if it has to do with having the HO more timing and smaller injectors. Maybe the box works better on the SO. CUSTOMER SERVICE is OUTSTANDING Justen has been working with me one on one to help me out. Never had any company go the distance that they are going to make sure that I am a satisfied customer. Once all is figured out I know I will be 100% satisfied because it seems like they will be there until that point.
I used to get some on other tunes, but majorly reduced with a test tune Quad emailed to me. Haven't tried the aggressive tunes, but I'd guess they would surge in my truck and other big injector trucks based on what I've seen in previous tunes.

It's probably not much different than the TST Comp I run as well. Anything above 2 or 3 and it surges and stutters like mad. The aggressive tunes are going to give fits except for on the drag strip at WOT.
I know what your saying about the no power until 1700, some of the earlier beta tunes fueled hard on the bottom, i am just guessing that a little later down the line they will get back to refineing them.

In the beginning we had all the bottom end power you could possibly want. As we started beta testing there was a growing amount of people that were having surging issues. Some were automatics, some were with certain injectors etc. So we slowly started tuning to rid ourselves of this surge. Somewhere along the way we killed the bottom end. Not sure where that started. It is not bad, it is just nothing like it was.

Amongst all of that we started adding all sorts of code for the Pulse, added custom tuning features and a bunch of other stuff. Now that the main code stuff is finished I finally got back on the dyno, and this is where it gets interesting and worth reading.

I started at 10:00am this morning. The test truck is a 2002 truck with 109,000 miles that is in good shape and we have had for a long while. The truck was 1005 bone stock when we started with it. Just or testing the higher levels of the Adrenaline we added a Fass 150, South Bend Clutch, and an II 62/14(one of the phat shafts gated at 40psi).

Today started great, I thought. I had a pretty mild tune I had been playing with and immediately the truck put down 376/756. I thought that is a good place to start considering this is a "mild tune". The curve looked a little funny and peaky to me but, nothing disturbing. Well as the day rode on I got to the point of barely being able to break 350rwhp. I messed with the truck for several hours including messing with the wastegate, letting things cool, using fans etc. I was pretty perplexed and I am still a little.

Luckily I had scheduled RowJ to come by and let me do some tuning for the more aggressive type setups that we seem to have some issues with. Without going any further......

You are all going to want to give RowJ a HUGE THANK YOU!

His truck was acting totally normal. We layed down something around 560/1020 or so on PL08 with ADR1000. Not bad and pretty close to what was expected. We decided to try to do the same testing we were trying to do on our truck with his truck and bingo, we started getting the data we thought we should get from our truck.

Long story short we did not gain any huge peak numbers something in the neighborhood of 590/1120 but, we totally fixed the fueling curves!!!!!!!!!!!

After 2700rpms we picked up as much as 80/150 across the curve. This is over the previous ADR1000 tuning, not stock. The torque an hp curves are now as flat as you can expect them to be. Now he has an automatic so it was hard to measure much lower than about 22-2300rpms but, this gain in the curve will affect the entire curve.

So with all that said, we made some tuning changes and he went on his way. I cannot say this is the only thing we need to do to fix it but, he has reported that the bottom end is back to where it was or better and the drivability is greatly improved.

I had a chance to stick it on our other test truck a 2001 and drive it and it is pretty unbelievable. I also stuck it back on our 2002 test truck and was able to make 401/830 with nothing other than a turbo. I am not sure what is wrong but, I was able to repeat this a couple of times before the curve went flat and I am certain something on the truck is overheating and killing he power.

Right now I am preparing to send these tunes out to our beta testers. If you want a copy send me an email and I will send it as soon as I get a chance. Depending on what the drivability reports are will depend on how soon we change all of the tunes on the website out.

I am going to try and be conservative but, based on driving and dyno numbers, I am pretty sure you guys will be blown away. The only downside is there is a fair bit more smoke than there was before. Not too bad but, a definite difference.

The bottom line is I think all of the above concerns should be put to rest once you get the new update.

I also want to thank RowJ big time for his time and driving all the way down to see us today! I plan on putting it back on the dyno to do a little more tweaking in the near future. I also want to say that I am pretty certain on any other dyno he will break 600hp. The dyno we test on is he most stingy dyno I have ever seen anywhere!
Old 03-26-2008, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tiger Rag
Quad, how about if we are running adr_prod_test.exe? Should we just stick with that or go ahead and try one of the new tunes so we can test the Pulse's new found features?
You are going to want to check your email here really soon!
Old 03-26-2008, 10:09 PM

UPS brought mine today.... along with 4" exhaust and Glacier Diesel Walbro lift pump. The anticipation is really killing me...it's going to be a busy weekend.... I haven't even opened the box yet, but was wondering if I have to download anything before installing the Adrenaline? Reason I'm asking is I have a MacBook Pro laptop and want to be sure I can download/install the files I'm going to need. If I have to use a PC I can do it at work. I'm not a beta tester so if I'm in the wrong forum it's only because this is where I've been spending most of my time the last week or so. And this is my first post!
Old 03-26-2008, 10:13 PM

Awesome quad!! Check your email! lol
Old 03-26-2008, 10:22 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bnold
Awesome quad!! Check your email! lol
Ditto. I'd like to thank RowJ for taking the time to perfect this box for us. Great work quad!!!!!
Old 03-26-2008, 10:34 PM

I will give it a whirl tomorrow afternoon between work and school, man i wish i had more time to play, thanks Quad
Old 03-26-2008, 10:35 PM

And Thanks Rowj
Old 03-26-2008, 10:56 PM

OK, I have sent out tunes to my "beta" list as well as to anyone that sent me an email.

If you should be on the beta list and did not get it please let me know. I know some of you have changed email addresses and I am not sure if my list is updated.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:29 AM

We will test it out tomorrow..
Old 03-27-2008, 04:47 AM
Chapter President

How cool is this?

ADR_ROWJ_AGGR.

Way too cool Rowj, thanks for your time to get this thing perfected.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:06 AM

Anybody who can hook me up with the ADR_ROWJ_AGGR tune or can shoot me quads email to ask him to send it to me??? tqmnster@excite.com Thanks Guys!
Old 03-27-2008, 08:41 AM

I'm thrilled with this new tune. Can drive around town on PL05 and it feels like when I first got my Smarty and set it on #7.
Difference is less smoke than the Smarty and there is a whole lot of top end with which to play.
Surging is, I believe less than ADR1000. Certainly no more!

I now have a net gain, with the Adrenaline, of 52 HP on this "stingy", older model, Dynojet in Ft Worth. That's over my previous Smarty/TST Comp set up.

Since Quad tested same tune on his manual CTD... I can't believe you all won't be very happy!
And from what little I picked up watching Quad do his thing, I suspect if we had more time, there might be a little more gain to be had!
By the time we settled into a final tune, everything on my truck had to be fairly well heatsoaked!

So anytime my truck is needed, Quad, you can beat on it again.

RJ
Old 03-27-2008, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by TqMnster
Anybody who can hook me up with the ADR_ROWJ_AGGR tune or can shoot me quads email to ask him to send it to me??? tqmnster@excite.com Thanks Guys!
Ditto, heres mine bdhmbre@yahoo.com I gotta try it
Old 03-27-2008, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by RowJ
I'm thrilled with this new tune. Can drive around town on PL05 and it feels like when I first got my Smarty and set it on #7.
Difference is less smoke than the Smarty and there is a whole lot of top end with which to play.
Surging is, I believe less than ADR1000. Certainly no more!

I now have a net gain, with the Adrenaline, of 52 HP on this "stingy", older model, Dynojet in Ft Worth. That's over my previous Smarty/TST Comp set up.

Since Quad tested same tune on his manual CTD... I can't believe you all won't be very happy!
And from what little I picked up watching Quad do his thing, I suspect if we had more time, there might be a little more gain to be had!
By the time we settled into a final tune, everything on my truck had to be fairly well heatsoaked!

So anytime my truck is needed, Quad, you can beat on it again.

RJ
You the man RowJ...

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....