Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 04:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know when detailed instructions will be available...I know we're just ending beta phase 2 but it would be nice to have a instruction file we could download...
Old 03-26-2008, 07:08 AM

Need any more testers???? lol I cant wait to get this thing in and it may even replace my autometers.... possibly
Old 03-26-2008, 07:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hink
My computer blocks the tunes. I have to right-click on the tune and click properties and then click "Unblock". You might try that.
That worked...Thanks!

RJ
Old 03-26-2008, 08:05 AM

Tire correction too? Cool!

The Adrenaline is really an all in one deal.

I'm buying one.

And then a new clutch and a bigger turbo and new tires.

I really need to stop logging into DTR. This site is bad for my wallet.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by paulb
.....I did verify that the surge after launch was torque management, because when I turn the RAD on, it goes away.
Paul
Guess I need a RAD. Been resisting it but after above.... AND where you say you can still get RPM's on the Pulse.... got to rethink things!

Thanks for the info.

RJ
Old 03-26-2008, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by paulb

Oh, and for the people using RAD's, the Pulse will still display RPM even though the tach doesn't, when the RAD is on.

Paul
Cool! I emailed Quadzilla last week about this and they honestly never tried it. Glad it works!
Old 03-26-2008, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by RowJ
That worked...Thanks!

RJ
Good deal......
Old 03-26-2008, 07:30 PM

Im enjoying the pulse...just curious what parameters should work and what should not right now. there are only 3 on mine that work... egt, boost, and rpm.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:01 PM

Are any of you guys running manuals getting any bucking? If i am in a high gear and try to maintain speed right around 1700-1750 ish right were the fuel comes on it does that. I am running ADR2000
Old 03-26-2008, 08:16 PM

Yes I have the same issue. It is very rough on the truck call them up, and they should be able to help you out. They are working on setting me up right now. Trying to smooth out the transition from no fuel to added fuel. At least that is my understanding as what they are trying to do. Also to anybody reading my truck has hardly any noticeable power on any level until that 1700rpm spot. I hear all the hype that this box has lots of lowend power and what not, "better than or equall to the smarty", but what is considered low end? My comp alone was way stronger on the bottom. That is until 1700 then the adrenaline is deffinitely stronger. When I shift with my truck I constantly fall to around 1500 loaded and unloaded and I get nothing more than a stock truck until I hit 1700 again. NO bad mouthing to Quadzillas product just want to know if I have something going on. I was under the impression that my bottom end would be way better than my comp. I'm wondering if it has to do with having the HO more timing and smaller injectors. Maybe the box works better on the SO. CUSTOMER SERVICE is OUTSTANDING Justen has been working with me one on one to help me out. Never had any company go the distance that they are going to make sure that I am a satisfied customer. Once all is figured out I know I will be 100% satisfied because it seems like they will be there until that point.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Crazydave
Are any of you guys running manuals getting any bucking? If i am in a high gear and try to maintain speed right around 1700-1750 ish right were the fuel comes on it does that. I am running ADR2000
I used to get some on other tunes, but majorly reduced with a test tune Quad emailed to me. Haven't tried the aggressive tunes, but I'd guess they would surge in my truck and other big injector trucks based on what I've seen in previous tunes.

It's probably not much different than the TST Comp I run as well. Anything above 2 or 3 and it surges and stutters like mad. The aggressive tunes are going to give fits except for on the drag strip at WOT.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:24 PM

I know what your saying about the no power until 1700, some of the earlier beta tunes fueled hard on the bottom, i am just guessing that a little later down the line they will get back to refineing them.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tiger Rag
I used to get some on other tunes, but majorly reduced with a test tune Quad emailed to me. Haven't tried the aggressive tunes, but I'd guess they would surge in my truck and other big injector trucks based on what I've seen in previous tunes.

It's probably not much different than the TST Comp I run as well. Anything above 2 or 3 and it surges and stutters like mad. The aggressive tunes are going to give fits except for on the drag strip at WOT.
I am gonna try the regular tune for a while and see if its better. I just have little injectors and it still gets going like that.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Pinkston
Im enjoying the pulse...just curious what parameters should work and what should not right now. there are only 3 on mine that work... egt, boost, and rpm.
OK, pretty much the only things that DON'T work on the versions that everyone has are:

Custom Tuning Menu- this means everything listed under the tuning menus.
Correct MPH - This will be listed as an additional parameter "True Vehicle Speed"
Performance Tests - this is both the 0-60 test and the 1/4 mile test.

Now, some of this may already have been finished today but, I just wrapped up a solid 10.5 hours on a dyno. So I will have to see if the new update is ready in the morning.

Now, what I would recommend is that you download any of the new tunes on the website. It sounds like you are running an older version that does not support the Pulse. All the new downloads support the Pulse.

Start there and let me know what happens. For that matter you can just download either the ADR1000 or ADR2000 as you can set everything else on your own.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by J Lent
Jamie, still having fun with the Adrenaline. Man things look good with the Pulse!!!

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....