Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 10:30 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I can't read 42 pages of this, SO....what is the verdict on buying one of these?

Thanks!
Old 03-16-2008, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nike
I am still having trouble with my high idle. When the truck is cold it will try but only rev to 900 or so. Once the truck has reached operating temp, it will go inot high idle no problem. Sometimes I can coax the truck into high idle before it disengages. I dont understand and wish I could get it fixed.

I know Quad. My truck is an 01 and there is trouble getting the high idle..
Mine will do the samething as well. As soon as the grid heaters stop the truck goes to 1200 RPM. I am perfectly happy with this. A few minutes 300 RPM down doesn't seem like a big deal especially if it causes more problems trying to fix it. Am I missing something?
Old 03-16-2008, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by nike
I am still having trouble with my high idle. When the truck is cold it will try but only rev to 900 or so. Once the truck has reached operating temp, it will go inot high idle no problem. Sometimes I can coax the truck into high idle before it disengages. I dont understand and wish I could get it fixed.

I know Quad. My truck is an 01 and there is trouble getting the high idle..
This has been covered many times. The grid heaters pull the high idle down when they cycle, mine does it, everyones does it. It's how the high idle is set-up on the Adrenaline. Mine will do that for a short time until the grid heaters stop cycling, then it goes straight to 1200 until it reaches the 140 warm-up that I've chosen.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:59 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I noticed yesterday that my fuel pressure readings on the Pulse were going crazy. It mostly matched my mechanical gauge, but while cruising, it would jump around alot. It sometimes showed 2 psi real fast, then 17psi, 5, 16. You get the point. At wot it held steady at 14psi, idle at 16psi. The other Adrenaline control pod was identical to my mechanical gauge. I noticed that the fuel pressure has a adjustment +/- & wondering, is that a sensitivity adjustment?
Old 03-16-2008, 12:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
J Lent, I had the same issue yesterday on the freeway at 70 mph. 17,5,15,2,7 etc. I thought my Holly Blue was taking a dump. This is with the control pod, I don't have the pulse yet. Idle 17, WOT 13 or so. Adrenaline set to kill in 3rd or 4th WOT 12 psi. But cruising at light throttle, i'm having the same issue and don't know if it is the sensor, my Holley, or my fuel filter.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Big Blue24
J Lent, I had the same issue yesterday on the freeway at 70 mph. 17,5,15,2,7 etc. I thought my Holly Blue was taking a dump. This is with the control pod, I don't have the pulse yet. Idle 17, WOT 13 or so. Adrenaline set to kill in 3rd or 4th WOT 12 psi. But cruising at light throttle, i'm having the same issue and don't know if it is the sensor, my Holley, or my fuel filter.
My mechanical is right on at 14wot/16idle. It is definately a Adrenaline issue.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:08 PM

Considering I'm in west Texas i might be able to get away with it but doesnt that kinda defeat the purpose. I also see your humor..
Old 03-16-2008, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by J Lent
I noticed yesterday that my fuel pressure readings on the Pulse were going crazy.
Originally Posted by Big Blue24
J Lent, I had the same issue yesterday on the freeway at 70 mph. 17,5,15,2,7 etc. I thought my Holly Blue was taking a dump.
Are you guys using a snubber valve prior to the sending unit? I needed one with my Dakota Digital FP gauge and it stopped all the bouncing around.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by J Double
Are you guys using a snubber valve prior to the sending unit? I needed one with my Dakota Digital FP gauge and it stopped all the bouncing around.
No snubber, hooked directly in the line at the vp44, threaded into a 90* elbow. It never did this with the control pod, it is a pulse thing.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by J Lent
No snubber, hooked directly in the line at the vp44, threaded into a 90* elbow. It never did this with the control pod, it is a pulse thing.
I had the control pod do it a couple of times right after I installed the Adrenaline and once I after I hooked the Adrenaline back up after sending it in for the upadate, it never did it again after that, so I don't think it's just a Pulse thing, could be wrong though.
I noticed that the fuel pressure has a adjustment +/- & wondering, is that a sensitivity adjustment?
I played with that the other night and it made my FP reading read about 1lb. higher than usual by stepping it up 1 notch on the Pulse, so I'm not sure what it's function is for sure.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:03 PM
JIT

Another One Bites the Dust...

well I got my Pulse and Adrenaline back from Quad on Friday... installed it and headed north for the NHRDA Season opener in Fountain, Fl. We were supposed to sled pull but since I didnt have any tune time on the Adrenaline I decided to Drag Race Saturday then pull Sunday. Well, I didnt make it to Sunday because on my 5th pass something in the tranny tore-up.

The Adrenaline was pulling Hard! I am very impressed with it. The power was smooth and consistant all the way to redline. I hope to find out what it wrong with the tranny and get it fixed this week. Then we'll try it again!
Old 03-17-2008, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by JIT
.....The Adrenaline was pulling Hard! I am very impressed with it. The power was smooth and consistant all the way to redline.
Was that the Comp Tune (for big injectors)??
Whose Tranny.........surely not stock??

RJ
Old 03-17-2008, 02:11 PM

A couple of observations on the Pulse.............

1)When I'm mashin on the go pedal (with warnings/alerts pre-set) the monitor will flash if it reaches the threshhold of one of those warning settings, problem is, it flashes so fast that you can not see which paramter you have exceeded. It would be nice to see which one it is so you can adjust accordingly. Same goes with the de-fueling settings. Maybe if you were to make it to where an * or ! or sumthin of that nature would light up beside the parameter that has been exceeded, you could at least see which one it was. The way it is now, you can't tell if you're exceeding a warning limit or if it's de-fueling because of a set limit because it just flashes to fast to see anything. Or, am I just missing sumthin?

2)I have the low FP warning set. When you start the truck, the FP readout comes up because there is no/low FP, BUT, even after you start the truck, sometimes that single display stays there (even after FP is built up) and it will not revert back to the 4 pos. display. Most of the time it will revert back to the 4 pos. dispay after FP builds up, but quite a few times it has stuck on the FP display and I can't get it to go back to the 4 pos. display without going back into the menu and resetting all the parameters I want displayed for the 4 pos. display.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:44 PM

1 - Quad knows about it. He had said to me in an email last week they have some new defueling icons in the works to make it easier to see. Pretty sure he said the flashing wouldn't be as quickly either.

2 - I wonder if you got a pulse with the older hardware like mine. That sounds a lot like the issue I have with mine. Reset ALL of your warning and defueling alerts and I'm willing to bet that whats happening is the same as mine. Sometimes I turn the truck on and all values read zero because the Pulse isn't communicating with the adrenaline, OR I'll be getting really choppy and crazy values that aren't real.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:54 PM

I had warnings set for values as well as defuel settings. The warning settings were for low fuel pressure, EGT's, and transmission temperatures. This one isn't what could cause a flashing since it has a fuel pressure reading, but if it was one of the times where FP froze on zero (like the other 3 values), I'd get the crazy flashing you're talking about. Usually, a few key cycles fixed it for me.

*deleted the photo*

Hopefully that helps explain it a little better.

EDIT: Actually, here's a better photo.

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....