Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I posted this in another thread but thought quad would see it sooner here. I installed the adrenaline last night, no problems, insane power even with the stock tuning. I went to download a new tune, followed the pdf file to a "T" however neither my laptop,desktop, or my buddy's laptop would install the drivers for the module, even after the files were copied to the computer. It kept saying that that "the file usbser.sys driver cabinet is needed. It then asks to type a file path. It said this on both my laptop and my desktop which are running windows xp. On my buddy's laptop who is running vista, it acts like you are pluging and unpluging the module over and over. This is kind of annoying, really want to try some new tunes. Thanks in advance guys, Quad this box is great, keep up the good work.

Bryan
Old 03-14-2008, 06:15 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tiger Rag
Looks pretty seamless there, but I don't think I could do without that vent in the summer. Hopefully I can figure a way to fab something simple up.

BTW, I got a call from Justin today. I should have mine middle of next week!
I'll probably build something custom for it this summer if I need the vent. If you just plug that vent off with duct tape, it will make the other one blow harder.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by marine4life
I posted this in another thread but thought quad would see it sooner here. I installed the adrenaline last night, no problems, insane power even with the stock tuning. I went to download a new tune, followed the pdf file to a "T" however neither my laptop,desktop, or my buddy's laptop would install the drivers for the module, even after the files were copied to the computer. It kept saying that that "the file usbser.sys driver cabinet is needed. It then asks to type a file path. It said this on both my laptop and my desktop which are running windows xp. On my buddy's laptop who is running vista, it acts like you are pluging and unpluging the module over and over. This is kind of annoying, really want to try some new tunes. Thanks in advance guys, Quad this box is great, keep up the good work.

Bryan
Did you try what I told you to try?
Old 03-14-2008, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by J Lent
Did you try what I told you to try?

Yeah, same outcome.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:09 PM

marine4life, i was in the same situation as you about a week or so ago...here is a post i left on another forum to fix it...

i talked with quad today on the phone (jeremy) and he helped me get it worked out...the "usbser.sys" file was actually on the computer, but the found new hardware wizard wasnt looking in the right place, so i had to browse for the file...just in case anyone else runs into the same problem, we found it under C:/WINDOWS/system32/drivers/usbser.sys
Old 03-14-2008, 07:13 PM

does that make sense?

btw, i had to browse for that usbser.sys driver on both my lap top and desktop w/ windows xp
Old 03-14-2008, 09:03 PM

Got mine installed today. I fabbed up a little bracket to mount it. It's kinda crude, but it serves the purpose well. I found an old mounting bracket that already had a 90 degree bend and bent another 90 to make a "c-channel". It was just the right thickness to pull the dash panel loose and set the bracket on the lip of the dashboard and then snapped the dash panel back on to secure it, then I screwed the Pulse mount to that. I had to angle the mount just a little on the bracket for a better viewing angle and I filed one of the screws to just the right length so that it rests on top of the dash panel so the monitor doesn't vibrate. Kinda crude, but works like a charm. It's just a temporary mount for now, I will refine it when all the testing is done. I might even ditch the analog gauges cause this Pulse seems to work so well.
Attached Thumbnails Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....-pulse-002-large-.jpg   Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....-pulse-003-large-.jpg   Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....-pulse-013-large-.jpg  
Old 03-14-2008, 09:16 PM

Can anyone tell me what Backdown % is??
Anyone know how the tire size works?? Are the #'s displayed on the monitor supposed to be inches?? So if my tires are 33" tall, do I just pick 33 on the monitor??
Can someone tell me if this will read the settings on a current program file to use as a baseline for custom settings? I was just wondering if I could take certain settings form different files to use as a guide. Sorry just want to know what this thing is like before hand.
The "custom" part is not enabled yet.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hink
Can anyone tell me what Backdown % is??
Anyone know how the tire size works?? Are the #'s displayed on the monitor supposed to be inches?? So if my tires are 33" tall, do I just pick 33 on the monitor?? The "custom" part is not enabled yet.
Backdown% is letting you know how much fuel the Adrenaline is backing down to maintain set egt levels. The Adrenaline will be fueling 100%, then start derating itself in 1% increments to keep egts in check. This function only works with defueling files. I haven't messed with the tire size thing yet.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:47 PM

Got mine installed today. I fabbed up a little bracket to mount it. It's kinda crude, but it serves the purpose well. I found an old mounting bracket that already had a 90 degree bend and bent another 90 to make a "c-channel". It was just the right thickness to pull the dash panel loose and set the bracket on the lip of the dashboard and then snapped the dash panel back on to secure it, then I screwed the Pulse mount to that. I had to angle the mount just a little on the bracket for a better viewing angle and I filed one of the screws to just the right length so that it rests on top of the dash panel so the monitor doesn't vibrate. Kinda crude, but works like a charm. It's just a temporary mount for now, I will refine it when all the testing is done. I might even ditch the analog gauges cause this Pulse seems to work so well.

Looks like you did similar to what I was thinking. Pull the dash bezel and find a location of my liking. Use thin steel or aluminum that can be drilled into the dash under where the bezel will fit back on top and hide the screw holes if I decide to remove or relocate.

Looks good by the way!
Old 03-14-2008, 09:50 PM
Banned

Looks like you did similar to what I was thinking. Pull the dash bezel and find a location of my liking. Use thin steel or aluminum that can be drilled into the dash under where the bezel will fit back on top and hide the screw holes if I decide to remove or relocate.

Looks good by the way!
It does look good there, but I was worried about blocking my vision. That is why I chose to mount it where I did. Later I am going to build maybe a custom mounting pod somewhere out of fiberglass.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:38 PM

Looks good by the way!
Thanks guys. I didn't even have to screw the bracket to the dash, it just sandwiches between the bezel and the dash, if you find the right thickness of material, it will fit nice and snug, although you wouldn't have to support it with a the screw like I did. When I redo it, I'm gonna put a piece of rubber or sumthin in between the top of the bezel and the bracket to snug it up a little but.

JLent, thanks for the explanation. I'm runnin a de-fueling tune, so that explains why it was showing a reading on Backdown, I just wasn't sure what it meant .
It does look good there, but I was worried about blocking my vision.
Even sittin beside the analog guages, it's not that bad. If/when I take out the analogs, it will move it toward the A-pillar about 3", then it shouldn't be a concern.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:50 PM
Banned

JLent, thanks for the explanation. I'm runnin a de-fueling tune, so that explains why it was showing a reading on Backdown, I just wasn't sure what it meant .Even sittin beside the analog guages, it's not that bad. If/when I take out the analogs, it will move it toward the A-pillar about 3", then it shouldn't be a concern.
I held mine up there today & I didn't like how it blocked my vision. I drive left handed & like to use my right hand to change settings. The Edge got me used to the right handed thing & I guess I'm stubborn. The vent worked out perfect for me & If I ever wanna change it, just cut the wire ties & I'm good to go, no drilling or anything was done. Hopefully quads gauges will earn my faith enough to just eliminate the analogs later, then I'll get the pillar pod.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:54 PM

Hopefully quads gauges will earn my faith enough to just eliminate the analogs later, then I'll get the pillar pod.
ditto.......
Old 03-14-2008, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by J Lent
I was walking to the garage & my wife yelled "Honey, can you come watch the baby while I color Aunt Cooks hair?" I'm gonna try this again guys, hope to get it done soon.
sorry hunny im making a vent mount for the pulse, just put him in the cage... thats what i would have said, but maybe thats why im still single

i talked to justin today about the tire size deal and he said its not enabled yet, i also asked him about the 1/4 mile and 0-60 performance dataloggers since im going to the drags tomorrow but he said not yet on those as well... ill tell you what i love this pulse, there are so many features to play with and it fits so well on the A and is so user friendly im like a fat kid in a candy store!! i cant wait for the drags to finally open tomorrow!! i will let you guys know on the outcome.

FYI i bought a commuter car today so the truck will be getting beat on even worse!! it was pretty funny, all my three friends told me the same thing after telling them that i bought a commuter... your going to spray it now arent you the smart one actually didnt even ask he just said "pre or post intercooler?"

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....