Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome news! As soon as you get the Pulse you may be able to tweak the tunes to get more top end out of the higher PL's.
I don't think it's enabled yet.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by J Double
Awesome news! As soon as you get the Pulse you may be able to tweak the tunes to get more top end out of the higher PL's. I'm interested in reducing my timing a bit since I'll also be spraying water this year (air horn) down stream of the nitrous nozzles (pre-cac).

I can't wait to get this thing back together, but I may need to shorten my driveshaft since I lowered it so much. If I don't need to shortened the driveshaft, all I would need to do Saturday is swap out front springs.

Speaking of the Pulse...I still haven't received the "phone call".
i guess i wasnt too clear on my last post...the higer PL's lack bottom end power but they have plenty of top end...
Old 03-12-2008, 08:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry guys but I'm confused. Can't find the threads that deals with fueling changes.

I'm dynoing again on Sat and not sure which programs to test?
IS new comp hotter?
Are the new ADR 1000's + 2000's hotter... or just fixes for bugs??

Suggestions? Get three runs.

RJ
Old 03-12-2008, 10:30 PM

Can this thread get any longer? 1,577 posts and 43,000+ views!
Old 03-12-2008, 11:05 PM
BBA

Originally Posted by RowJ
Sorry guys but I'm confused. Can't find the threads that deal with fueling changes.

I'm dynoing again on Sat and not sur ewhich programs to test?
IS new comp hotter?

RJ

Rowland were in the same boat but I dont think I want to try the Comp tune since Im still on stock heads. I really would like to know which file to dyno with though.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:21 PM

I just tried the new file all day today and everything is flawless except for the turbo timer shut off with the pedal. i couldn't get it to turn off with gas or brake pedal at all i had to wait the full three minutes for it to turn off. Anything that can tell me quad or a new file you can shoot me with this fix? thanks mario
Mario_bros_2@hotmail.com
Old 03-12-2008, 11:31 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stroker4501
I just tried the new file all day today and everything is flawless except for the turbo timer shut off with the pedal. i couldn't get it to turn off with gas or brake pedal at all i had to wait the full three minutes for it to turn off. Anything that can tell me quad or a new file you can shoot me with this fix? thanks mario
Mario_bros_2@hotmail.com
The new file doesn't have a TT, atleast the one that I was sent.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:36 PM

Sorry guys but I'm confused. Can't find the threads that deal with fueling changes.

I'm dynoing again on Sat and not sur ewhich programs to test?
IS new comp hotter?

RJ
Since it is this weekend I would run the ADR2000 tune for the dyno. When you get back home you can put whatever you want back on it. I really think that for right this second it would be the most proven.

It is going to take me and you guys a little time tuning the COMP style stuff to get peak numbers out considering if I send it to 10 people 5 love it and 5 hate it, then the next tune it is polar opposite!

To me the safe bet is the aggressive tune with no features, no de-fueling, no nothing.

The new tunes on the site are to fix bugs but, some of the bugs they fixed make the power delivery better, I would update to the current ADR2000.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:37 PM

the new file i got works FLAWLESSLY! just ask the black Z28 on the freeway! this file produces smooth power that does seem to smoke a little more, there is still a little accelerator let off shudder, but i am just hearing it through my stacks and not feeling it so much anymore. i cant even make this thing surge at 1800 rpm like i used to do. this file is awesomely smooth and very user friendly to drive. the drags open this saturday so time to see where the new and improved Adrenaline stacks up to the Drag Comp!
Old 03-12-2008, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by stroker4501
Mario_bros_2@hotmail.com
Something you might want to know is that the test file I sent you requires you to press the accel pedal considerably further than before to get it to turn off. Long story why we did that but, try it again and press the pedal further. I am not leaving it that way, it was for testing purposes.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:39 PM

Just so everyone knows, just because you got a file does not mean someone else has the same one.

I go down and make notes for particular issues on particular trucks and try to get them solved. For others I just let them try COMP tuning if I know that is what they want, others I just send stuff to because they like to tinker!
Old 03-13-2008, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by qzilla
Something you might want to know is that the test file I sent you requires you to press the accel pedal considerably further than before to get it to turn off. Long story why we did that but, try it again and press the pedal further. I am not leaving it that way, it was for testing purposes.
I figured that out the first time I shut the truck down and it worked properly then...but I'll have to depress the pedal even deeper this AM to see if I still get the 5 to 30 second delay on shutdown...
Old 03-13-2008, 06:49 AM

Sorry guys but I'm confused. Can't find the threads that deals with fueling changes.

I'm dynoing again on Sat and not sure which programs to test?
IS new comp hotter?

RJ
from my experience with ADR_1006...the newest update was like night and day difference in power. so, like quad said, when they fixed all the little bugs in there, somehow they gained a lot of power out of doing it. so if you have been running a production or aggressive file, DL one of the newer updates and u should easily notice the power difference.

from what i understand about the comp2 file, per quads email, it was defueled a lot to help guys running big sticks. the comp2 file had no fueling issues and no jerking when u let out of the throttle. its also A TON easier to control turbo bark.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:34 AM

the tune that i am using now is adr_prod_test. The egt's dont climb nearly as fast, surging at light throttle around 1800rpm only happened once in my 35 mile drive to work. Backing off did not have a studder. Over all it is very smooth & I can stay in it longer on the lower settings without getting too hot unlike the previous tunes. I look forward to the pulse & the adjustablity of it.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:47 AM

qzilla edit i just tried what you said I pressed the pedal down far and fast, turns off just the same as before now mine is flawless plus power is really smooth. thanks mario

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....