Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 10:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i dont need the defueling (no quad egt hooked up) but the TT is definately a nice tool to have...all i would need is something like the ADR1006 but with the TT enabled if ya want to send that?
Old 03-11-2008, 10:45 PM

Hey quad.. Just installed my 'Pulse' had to search to find out what it was called! lol

Couple of q's... with the adjustability do I load a basic no feature file? Like ADR2000 and use the pulse toenable/disable features?

Is there a manual avail as a reference for the pulse yet? Or go by the 24V_Beta_Monitor email?

The 'V' mount on the rear, is that for pillar mount only or is there another mount type that that will attach to? Going to keep my analog in their current place on the pillar for now, but want to mount the "Pulse' on the dash or somewhere easy?? Make sense? If not out comes the velcro!

Looks sharp, was only able to thumb through the features really quick, but looks cool! Was extremely to see teh tow/performance settings! If I can figure out how to work the thing I will try that out tomorrow!
Old 03-11-2008, 10:50 PM

I think it would be cool if quad or an aftermarket company made the pillar pod for the "Pulse" with holes for 2 mechanical guages above it so guys can keep thier original guages and also mount the pulse. I would buy one in a heartbeat.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:52 PM

Couple of q's... with the adjustability do I load a basic no feature file? Like ADR2000 and use the pulse toenable/disable features?
Does not matter what you load. If you load one with certain things enabled those settings will automatically show up on the Pulse. Even though it shows these settings you can change them whatever you want. So really you just need to decideif you want aggressive or regular tuning and then it literally maes no difference which tune you choose as you can modify any of them with the Pulse.

Is there a manual avail as a reference for the pulse yet? Or go by the 24V_Beta_Monitor email?
It is not done yet. the probem is that it keeps growing and growing!

The 'V' mount on the rear, is that for pillar mount only or is there another mount type that that will attach to? Going to keep my analog in their current place on the pillar for now, but want to mount the "Pulse' on the dash or somewhere easy?? Make sense? If not out comes the velcro!
Should have come with a disk, a small base mount and a couple of screws and nuts to attach the disk and the base together. It is not great but, it will work. Or you can just stick it anywhere else you want!

Was extremely to see teh tow/performance settings! If I can figure out how to work the thing I will try that out tomorrow!
SHHHHH.....not yet, we have to to a little more work for that. Plus its in there and there is a whole lot more you did not thumb through but, it is not enabled. So look, touch, punch buttons, it does not really matter.......yet!

Ohh, check your email you have new tunes waiting as well.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Bjans
I think it would be cool if quad or an aftermarket company made the pillar pod for the "Pulse" with holes for 2 mechanical guages above it so guys can keep thier original guages and also mount the pulse. I would buy one in a heartbeat.
When we get done hopefully we can convince you that you don't need those bulky ol round things.

Seriously, I think the issue comes in the mold itself. Putting too many tight bends and stuff makes it hard to come out of the mod without cracking and it makes it pretty difficult.

If you really, really wanted analog gauges as well then you could put the pillar in for the monitor and ten use the cup style mounts for he analogs except attach them to the pillar and not the dash or something.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:00 PM

hey quad i have been talking with justin about getting my adrenaline updated and we cant seem to figure it out!? He thinks its the brand of computers i have! I didnt think they were "rare computers" or anything. Desktop running xp (Sony vaio) and Laptop running vista (toshiba) is there something different about them, or something i can do to get them to work with your software? We have tried everything.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
Does not matter what you load. If you load one with certain things enabled those settings will automatically show up on the Pulse. Even though it shows these settings you can change them whatever you want. So really you just need to decideif you want aggressive or regular tuning and then it literally maes no difference which tune you choose as you can modify any of them with the Pulse.

It is not done yet. the probem is that it keeps growing and growing!

Should have come with a disk, a small base mount and a couple of screws and nuts to attach the disk and the base together. It is not great but, it will work. Or you can just stick it anywhere else you want! Ya that's a negative for my kit... I got the monitor and that's all...

SHHHHH.....not yet, we have to to a little more work for that. Plus its in there and there is a whole lot more you did not thumb through but, it is not enabled. So look, touch, punch buttons, it does not really matter.......yet! Ummm... hmmm ooops erase from internet erase!!!

Ohh, check your email you have new tunes waiting as well.
One last q (for now) will we need an upgrade harness for some of the other monitoring features? Just Water Temp comes to mind, was that wire already in the Adrenaline wiring harness? Not complelety needed but would be cool to see...

Thanks Again Quad,
Just recieved new tunes as well
Old 03-11-2008, 11:07 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by qzilla
When we get done hopefully we can convince you that you don't need those bulky ol round things.

Seriously, I think the issue comes in the mold itself. Putting too many tight bends and stuff makes it hard to come out of the mod without cracking and it makes it pretty difficult.

If you really, really wanted analog gauges as well then you could put the pillar in for the monitor and ten use the cup style mounts for he analogs except attach them to the pillar and not the dash or something.
I talked to Justin today about a mount for the Pulse & gave him a idea to pass on to you. Bullydog makes a mount that hooks to the back of their outlook monitor which has a round style 2 1/16" cup on the back. This allows you to hook the outlook monitor into a pillar using the 2 1/16" hole for a mechanical gauge pillar mount. Couldn't you just do the same? I could get you some pics posted tomorrow if you'd like.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by J Lent
I talked to Justin today about a mount for the Pulse & gave him a idea to pass on to you. Bullydog makes a mount that hooks to the back of their outlook monitor which has a round style 2 1/16" cup on the back. This allows you to hook the outlook monitor into a pillar using the 2 1/16" hole for a mechanical gauge pillar mount. Couldn't you just do the same? I could get you some pics posted tomorrow if you'd like.
I would be down for that, i just hated having my attitude monitor next to my guages and blocking more of the windshield and i dont like it anywhere else cuz its out of easy viewing range
Old 03-11-2008, 11:33 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quad, Look at the picture on page 4 here. It shows the pillar mount that I am talking about. It is #5 in the pic. http://www.bullydog.us/instructions/BD_40009.pdf
Old 03-11-2008, 11:34 PM

hey quad i have been talking with justin about getting my adrenaline updated and we cant seem to figure it out!? He thinks its the brand of computers i have! I didnt think they were "rare computers" or anything. Desktop running xp (Sony vaio) and Laptop running vista (toshiba) is there something different about them, or something i can do to get them to work with your software? We have tried everything.
It is not really a "brand" issue but, what they do for their USB solution. I know we have 1 toshiba tecra that gives us fits. The problem is that they use a USB hub and not really a true USB port on them. This is evidentally becoming more common with newer computers. I guess it is cheaper for them to put a 3 port or 4 port hub on the board than 4 individual USB ports individually.

So what we are doing is working on getting everything to work with a hub and that sould solve it. I know the issue is there but, I would say it is less than 5% so far but, I see that number growing every month I would imagine.

I am sure we will get it figured out here shortly.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:37 PM

Awesome good to know your on top of it. Thank you
Old 03-11-2008, 11:40 PM

One last q (for now) will we need an upgrade harness for some of the other monitoring features? Just Water Temp comes to mind, was that wire already in the Adrenaline wiring harness? Not complelety needed but would be cool to see...
It is already there. You do not need anything extra or any extra wires.

I though Coolant was displayed as a default but, maybe someone messed with it before it went to you??

Anyhow go into display setup, choose your choice of a 1,2,3 or 4 parameter displays, if you choose 4 then it will let you choose 4-D1 parameters by picking Top Left, Top Right, Bottom Left, Bottom Right and then 4-D2 parameters. In the list is Coolant and it is in alphabetical order.

So basically you can set up to 8 to watch. Then escape out to the main display. Once in the main display hit the bottom button to swap from all the D1 and D2 parameters.

I am aware of that style of mount. The problem is that our display is so much bigger than the Outlook that with the angle on the pillar mount it does not fit in the gauge hole without hitting the pillar itself. If you try a 2 gauge pillar it hits the bottom of the upper gauge hole.

Decent idea though. Also, you have a PM.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:45 AM

Awesome good to know your on top of it. Thank you
what kind of troubles are you having when trying to update the adrenaline??
Old 03-12-2008, 06:58 AM

Only thing I can add to this so far is that my Pulse also came without a mounting cup, but I didn't need it so I wasn't too concerned about that. Seems like Quad has it all covered

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....