Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Projector lights for 94 up pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MADMATT
i put in the projector headlights that k2 motor supplies but thought i would ask you if you know of any differant wirring that i may have to do with my truck being a canadian truck with daytime running lights. the lights look great to anyone whos interested some of the mounting on the light its self could have been made a lil more stronger just cheesy clips covering the adjustment screws which easily pop off and lost. anyways hope to hear some ideas thanks

I used zip ties around a few of the clips to make them "pinch" the plastic harder. I used a dremel to make the plastic a little more accomodating to the zip ties in some of them and it works great so far. I also bent the top of the clip (where the hole is) down so it is concave (when viewed from the top with the sides facing down) and puts more pressure on the round head of the screw. I had to re-bend the sides of the clip inward so they still clamp after I bent the top. Easy to do, hard to describe.
Old 05-26-2006, 09:44 AM

Pics, pics, pics!
Old 05-26-2006, 03:36 PM

here are a couple pics taken with the k2 motor lights in [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-26-2006, 05:15 PM

So what do you think about the new projectors? Are they bright enough?
Old 05-26-2006, 08:29 PM

well the low beam is pretty good but im having problems with the high beams i think the day time running lights are giving me a problem.
Old 05-27-2006, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by MADMATT
well the low beam is pretty good but im having problems with the high beams i think the day time running lights are giving me a problem.
What seems to be the problem? Mine is a Canadian rig as well and it has DRL's. I know there's nothing different in the wiring at the lamp, I replaced my whole headlamp assembly 2 years ago and the parts department never asked. I would have to go back through the factory schematic but only thing I remember is the DRL module plugged in at the underhood fuse box.

When you say the low is pretty good, would you say it's better than the stock lamp?
Old 05-28-2006, 04:55 PM

I got them on, the light is better but I had to change the wiring up some. it has a plug that goes to the high beam and low beam from the factory harness. well that doesn't work. you have to wire up your own harness and if anyone gets these, PM me and I can help with wiring. otherwise they are great!
Old 05-28-2006, 07:52 PM

From a small distance those look just like mine, but with halogen bulbs in the projectors. Very good!
Old 05-30-2006, 10:35 PM

Now thanks to you all, i had to spend $230 cause i saw those lights and just had to have them !! now im besides myself because now i cant wait for them to get here. i think it'll be best if i take a vacation from this site for about 3 days, so i dont get anymore ideas (until next pay day), and save myself some money ! oh well, theyll be here soon enough.
-Gary
Old 07-01-2006, 09:02 PM

heres a pic of them on my truck, they will look better when I get a black grille to match, and the lights are not on, its just reflecting the flash, sorry for the crappy pic.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:09 PM

Bright indicator always on with the K2's

Has anyone else had the problem with the bright indicator always staying on when the lights are turned on? Daytime running lights work, the low beams are great but the high beams are still less than what I would like. I also got the matching taillights. Had quite a few comments on the improvment over the stock lights.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:05 AM

Yes. If you have an slt (not sport) you have to switch the ground pin and the lowbeam pin (or wires) on truck wiring harness. The new lights are wired in a 9007 configuration. Mine worked fine on low (with the exception of the highbeam indicator staying on) but only had half power on high.

Hope this helps.

Doug
Old 07-02-2006, 01:39 AM

mine too, I had to cut the ground wire off the plug for the high beam and re-ground the bulb to the chassis.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:11 AM

Location: Used to be missoula, montana: Now in Sonoma County California
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lance did you find a higher intensity bulb for them? or did you determine what style replacement will work in them should you ever loose one on a trip.

glad to hear they work much better than stockers. will have to take another look at them. i just wrote them off as bling bling and didnt think they would be much more effective then my stock junkers
Old 07-02-2006, 10:31 AM

they use your standard H1 bulb for the low beam and the high beam is a 9005. so there is plenty of options for high wattage bulb replacements, and HID conversion kits to put in it.

Quick Reply: Projector lights for 94 up pics