Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Projector lights for 94 up pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I personally could care less what it looks like...as long as it WORKS better.

The wiring is easy. A couple relays is all it takes. You use the factory harness to trigger the relays, and run juice direct from the battery!

Chris
Old 05-10-2006, 09:56 PM

well hey they are down to 189 on ebay, anyone order some yet?
Old 05-17-2006, 07:08 PM

ok then I ordered some, will post results!
Old 05-17-2006, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by LanceD
Take one for the team!

Tell us how they work
<-Needing some new headlights, BAD!
Old 05-19-2006, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by ddestruel
if someone would make the 99-02 sport lights with projector done deal but i have yet to see that......

Hehe... I put a pair of bosch bixenon projectors (same ones in a bmw 3xx or new land rover) in a pair of sport headlights. Then I put REAL xenon bulbs in where the regular high beam bulbs go. It was quite a project, but it works pretty well. The next step is to put in the pair of "fog lights" I made that have hella bixenon projectors (used in newer audi A6's) in them. Maybe with 210 watts of true xenon lighting I'll be satisfied... maybe.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:17 PM

I plan on getting some real HIDs for my projectors too, what do you think is a good number for the K ?
Old 05-22-2006, 10:05 PM

I use stock 4300k d2s bulbs and use them in projectors that were made for them. They are the brightest and whitest. If you go any higher than this in temperature, you will have less light output and the color will be more blue.

The bulbs in the high beam portion of the headlights are junk hid-kit garbage from e-bay and I don't like them at all. They were my first experience with xenon bulbs and now I know better. I originally had 4 of those bulbs in a pair of sport headlights on my old truck. The color/temp is supposed to be 5200k. They look blue/green and not as bright as the 4300k d2s bulbs. I'm going to throw them away and hack the housing some more to make a pair of real bulbs fit in place of them.

Old 05-23-2006, 01:18 PM

can you get those d2s bulbs that will fit right into an H1 housing? I think thats what the projectors come with. where do you get the D2s bulbs and what kind of ballasts should I get?
Old 05-23-2006, 01:25 PM

Did ya get em yet?
Old 05-23-2006, 07:30 PM

can you get those d2s bulbs that will fit right into an H1 housing? I think thats what the projectors come with. where do you get the D2s bulbs and what kind of ballasts should I get?

All of my ballasts have been hella, with the ignitor inside the ballast. I have never had any problems with 8 of them now. The d2s bulbs will only fit into a projector that was made for them, but a dremel can do some cool things if you're good at fabricating and brave enough to try it. I would just change the projectors. I've seen h1 bulbs that claimed to use real osram or phillips 4300k capsules, but I have no experience with them. Now I buy only real phillips d2s bulbs and also have never had any problems with those either in 2 years and hundreds of hours of use.

These are exactly what I use, but I got them new, not from an x5 or whatever.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hella...67194999QQrdZ1
Old 05-24-2006, 11:20 AM

do you think I would be able to change just the projector out of the housings? will I have to modify the housing or will the new projectors bolt in?
Old 05-24-2006, 01:00 PM

You will almost definitely have to modify the housing, probably a lot. Anything is possible though. I've successfully put projectors into 3 pairs of headlights. 2 of those didn't have any sort of projectors in them before that. The pair that did took the most work actually. It usually takes me about 20 hours per pair and I think it's worth it. Having only xenon low beams and halogen high beams makes the halogen look pretty pathetic and I really hate the halogen light. It's all dim and yellow. A good site for this sort of thing is http://faqlight.carpassion.info/forum/

You could always try the h1-based bulbs and see how it works. The quality of the beam pattern just depends on the projectors and every one is different. It might blind oncoming traffic and it might not. It might have a cool-looking blue cut off line, yellow cut off line, or no color. This is what your projectors look like to oncoming traffic. Most of the projectors made for xenon bulbs look blue from a prismatic effect of the lens and all of the reflector types that look blue use a higher color temperature, usually 6000k phillips ultinon d2r bulbs. D2r bulbs are the same as d2s, but have a black coating on portions of the bulb to block light in cirtain directions. Then you are stuck with no xenon high beams, but it is a lot easier.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:48 PM

i put in the projector headlights that k2 motor supplies but thought i would ask you if you know of any differant wirring that i may have to do with my truck being a canadian truck with daytime running lights. the lights look great to anyone whos interested some of the mounting on the light its self could have been made a lil more stronger just cheesy clips covering the adjustment screws which easily pop off and lost. anyways hope to hear some ideas thanks
Old 05-25-2006, 07:20 AM

Pics????

Chris
Old 05-25-2006, 11:55 AM

pics will be posted later on today not a problem

Quick Reply: Projector lights for 94 up pics