Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Projector headlights

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 08:34 AM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Projector headlights

Has anybody tried the projector lamp headlight kit from APC? I'm interested in it but I have not seen any information on them or any pictures of them. Any feedback, info or links would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's their website? I'm willing to try anything to get good lighting!

I keep coming up with APC the backup power website...
Old 11-11-2004, 12:26 PM

I just put a set of these in my truck the other day and made sure my headlights were adjusted properly and they are 10 times better than the regular 9004 bulbs I had in there

I wouldn't mind a link to the apc projector lamps, if they look god I might try em out
Old 11-11-2004, 12:47 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by dodgeram
I just put a set of these in my truck the other day and made sure my headlights were adjusted properly and they are 10 times better than the regular 9004 bulbs I had in there

I wouldn't mind a link to the apc projector lamps, if they look god I might try em out

Yikes... 80/100W??? Did you add your own harness for them? The stock system can't supply enough juice to those puppies...The wires will be your biggest resistance, well other than the filiment.

J-eh
Old 11-11-2004, 01:11 PM

sooner or later youre probably gonna get a tcicket from the Queens Cowboys....
Old 11-11-2004, 01:24 PM

ya, here in PA you have to watch what you install....they will check for DOT approval numbers....
Old 11-11-2004, 03:08 PM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
APC's website is "americanproductscompany.com" but they don't show the Dodge Ram assemblies - they just list a part #. I have been told that these are THE lights to have for ultimate LEGAL lighting - they are DOT approved. I have a set of 9004 Sylvania "Silver Star" bulbs and they work well but nothing like the latest projector stuff. I live out in the sticks where there are no street lights for miles, so I too have been on a quest for the best headlights.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:26 PM

Location: Used to be missoula, montana: Now in Sonoma County California
My complaint witht he blue lights over the PIAA or others thatseems to emit yellow light is that in the Rain and snow the Yellow (std or the PIAA's i had) seemed like it worked better. I could have been halucinating but i did alot of night driving and alot ing th esnow and rain, my biggest problem was improper headlight allignment then came the blue light vs yellow issue.

Just a thought
Old 11-11-2004, 04:55 PM
Banned

Originally posted by dodgeram

I had those same bulbs. One blew about a 3 months after I installed it and then the other one blew about 6 months after I installed it. I went back to the normal lights and haven't had a problem. Just my .02.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:55 PM
Chapter President

Yes the blue lites are more easily defracted or reflected in the snow/rain. I see alot of 4X4 shops carry a yellow high intensity bulb for poor weather driving. I know my yellow fogs work way better at getting to the ground than the white OEM's ..

Good point.. Most of the "blue" lites available are less intense because of the coating on the bulb, they are just to look cool an mimick the HID..

J-eh
Old 11-11-2004, 05:57 PM

I suppose Y'all are gonna make me order a set of APC Projectors just to see what they are, huh?

I would order a set if I could just see what they looked like, but I haven't ever seen a picture of them, EVER.

I may just break down and spend the money, don't know.

Chris
Old 11-11-2004, 08:05 PM

I put them on a friends chevy pickup, they were pretty poor quality and they don't light up very well. His 2 inch foglights work better than the headlights.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:11 PM
GSP

Nothing worse than some one coming at you on a 2 lane road with some ufo type bright head lights that blind you. Or someone following you with blinding headlights in your rear view mirror.

When we were younger no head lights were COOL !
Old 11-11-2004, 09:12 PM

I think the APC stuff is just for looks....they make the euro taillights for the ricers dont they?
Old 11-11-2004, 09:21 PM
GSP

Yeah just for looks.....Looks like crap !. Those bright lights are for teennieboppers.

Quick Reply: Projector headlights