Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

programmer-best bang for buck?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
programmer-best bang for buck?

i have a 2000 dodge pickup. when i bought the truck it had some type of homemade programmer in it and when i jump on it it stays in the high rpms waaaayyy too long and it like hops it get up there and starts jerkin before it will finally shift. so needless to say i wanna get that thing outta there. its plugged in to some type of pigtail, i dont remember if there are two plugs or not, i havent looked at it in a while.

so all that said, i want to buy a programmer. i'm thinking about the edge juice with attitude. i dont know a lot about the diesel performance field so thats why i'm here. its my everyday truck and with this programmer it gets 12.9 mpg and that jerkin thing is really bothering me. so anyone have any suggestions on what i should do to really wake this truck up for a reasonable price but keeping it dependable. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:02 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bigreendodge
i have a 2000 dodge pickup. when i bought the truck it had some type of homemade programmer in it and when i jump on it it stays in the high rpms waaaayyy too long and it like hops it get up there and starts jerkin before it will finally shift. so needless to say i wanna get that thing outta there. its plugged in to some type of pigtail, i dont remember if there are two plugs or not, i havent looked at it in a while.

so all that said, i want to buy a programmer. i'm thinking about the edge juice with attitude. i dont know a lot about the diesel performance field so thats why i'm here. its my everyday truck and with this programmer it gets 12.9 mpg and that jerkin thing is really bothering me. so anyone have any suggestions on what i should do to really wake this truck up for a reasonable price but keeping it dependable. Thanks in advance.
There is a Smarty in the classifieds....it will really wake the truck up & will be very dependable.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:53 AM

That red one that's about $375 you see advertised everywhere. 150 hp and a truckload of torque from the palm of your hand to the ECM of your truck....like MAGIC!!
Old 06-07-2007, 08:07 AM

All of them make a very noticable gain compared to stock. Things like wire tapping and adjustability on the fly may make a difference in your choice. I personally am very interested to see what the new "race" Quadzilla box brings to the table, very soon I hope.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:34 PM

I have the QZ Xzillaraider and it's awesome...except for a slightly choppy idle. Well worth it though.