Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Problem With Quadzilla Xzillaraider

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Problem With Quadzilla Xzillaraider

Well, got the Quad box installed and ran into a problem. At level 0 the truck is fine, no problems. But when I put on levels 1-3 at idle the truck is stuttering really bad. Turn it back to 0 and it stops stuttering. The connections were good.

Any input will be helpful. Thanks.

Chris
Old 02-26-2007, 09:01 PM

I ran into the same problem, but mine ran good for a while then I went out and cranked up and it went wrong.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:09 PM
Banned

And..........?
Old 02-26-2007, 11:54 PM
Banned

and then...............?
Old 02-26-2007, 11:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
check all the connections and the overall install again. add "die-electric" grease to the connections. if that don't work call tech service and talk to jeremy. he will take care of you as he did me.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by BCSCUMMINS
and then...............?

And then I sent it back I am re-evaluating what I need. Qzilla is a great guy and the product was very strong. I will deffinatley consider going with his stuff again. I finally realized I needed gauges,clutch, and lift pump first.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by yfz450guy
check all the connections and the overall install again. add "die-electric" grease to the connections. if that don't work call tech service and talk to jeremy. he will take care of you as he did me.
The only connections that aren't soldered are the power, ground, and map sensor. The APPS wire is soldered as is the injection pump wire.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:04 AM

Well, I called Quadzilla about this chip and the girl on the phone knew what I needed to check, but all the connections are soldered. I hope they call back, because I miss the power I had with the EZ on my truck. Heck I bet a Ford Fiesta could walk me down!
Old 02-27-2007, 11:10 AM

Ok, lets start at the bottom.

It has a rough type idle? If you drive it does it smooth up and run correctly?

If you run it does it make power properly?

It almost sounds like the trigger circuit is goofing up at idle? That is why I am wondering if it does it when you actually drive it?
Old 02-27-2007, 08:00 PM

I tried driving it today and it will only give a lot of power when you are accelerating. So, if I'm driving at a constant speed say like 55 mph, then it starts messin up again or when I'm at a red light. I talked to Roark and he said that most trucks don't have problems with this chip, but there are a number that it doesn't work well with. I just hope I can get this solved in time for the dyno or I'll have to throw the EZ back in.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:50 PM

What's the verdict Quad??
Old 02-28-2007, 02:22 PM

OK, back to my original question. Is it strictly a rough idle or like a miss. When you say it messes up what is it really doing?

It could be our trigger circuit or it could be your engines responce to us controlling the pump.

Most likely we will send another to you to see if we get the same results. It could even be just a bad capacitor or resistor or something silly?

Also for the dyno I am guessing it would work fine from your description as long as you don't get on the dyno and hit cruise control?
Old 02-28-2007, 03:26 PM
Banned

I was there when he put the box on. I didn't ride with him to see what it does under load but under a no load situation, idle is relatively smooth with little faultering but when raised above idle the engine has a distinct noise. I would not say it is so much of a miss but rather mis-time. It is very uneven and random. It doesn't sound as bad as a complete miss, and if it is a miss it isn't constant and on the same cylinder. Best it can be described as is a stumble.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:34 PM

So it sounds like at idle we are off time just slightly but as you accelerate it works so long as you do not hold a steady low boost speed?

My guess is 2 fold.

A.) There is a small discrete part on the board that is malfucntioning
FIX: Send a replacement module and see if it fixes it

B.) The pump has a funny signal or a lower voltage signal until it is actually working. I have seen a couple of trucks that have a sort of weird signal until you get under power.
FIX: Let us send you a beta board for a new circuit we designed for the Race module as it takes these things into effect and does not care what the signal looks like.

I would bet the first instance will solve his issues. I have only seen 2, maybe 3 pumps that caused us to trigger too early which causes us to advance too much at idle. I have no explanation for those trucks other than we designed the newer Race module with a different trigger circuit so that it does not matter.

Either way we will get resolved.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by qzilla
Either way we will get resolved.
I knew you would just trying to throw in some info if it may be helpful.