Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

price for used twins

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bobwhite
Are the BD Twin kits upgradable? I see they use the same turbo for both, but can you add a larger turbo later on?
The new BD "special" twins will have a s400 as the primary. They are not quite done yet. I've got a post over on Cummins Forum in the vendors section for BD that this is being discussed. No updates as of right now as to whether the current "super B" set will be upgradeable to the S400.

http://cumminsforum.com/forum/showth...?t=5262&page=5
Old 09-13-2006, 12:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If new is $3700., and the 'Home on the road' deal is bogus... $2800. sounds good. If I could get new for $2900, probably plus shipping, I'd do that!

I shopped 5 dealers (out of state, to avoid sales tax) and could not get close to that $2900.00 price I've seen on there web site???? If it's the newer SuperB on top, it's a great deal!

The BD's are spectacular twins. They keep my 600+ hp cool and spool faster than a stock HX-35. Yup, I said faster!!
I think I'm about the upper limit for their existing twins, but don't be afraid of the smaller primary turbo. Computer designed engineering made them a match (up to say 500 hp) for ANY other twins out there, IMHO.

RJ
Old 09-13-2006, 12:29 PM

I must have sold mine too cheap...I paid $2300 used for them, ran them 5K miles, sold them for $2000 with a total of 12K miles on them!

Hmm,
Chris
Old 09-14-2006, 07:41 AM

Just FYI, I got a set of BD's for my 12V from Jegs for $2905 SHIPPED! They meet or beat anyones price, and I referenced HOTR.orgs website and they lived up to there slogan. Took 2 months to get, they were on backorder, but I got em now
Old 09-14-2006, 08:56 AM

Talking

thats great news,i may have to call jegs and see if they ship to canada.excellent news.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:00 AM

I'd be surprised if any approved dealer could not get an order drop shipped, from the Canadian BD factory to you? Less distance AND probably a cheaper frt rate with all they ship out.

RJ
Old 09-15-2006, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by rjohnson
I'd be surprised if any approved dealer could not get an order drop shipped, from the Canadian BD factory to you? Less distance AND probably a cheaper frt rate with all they ship out.

RJ
Problem is BD main office WILL NOT budge from the listed price, the only time I have ever seen them change is on a dyno day. I can get BD products cheaper from any bd dealer just about than from BD itself, and it is somthing I always gripe about when on the phone to head office.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:00 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by greenworks
Problem is BD main office WILL NOT budge from the listed price, the only time I have ever seen them change is on a dyno day. I can get BD products cheaper from any bd dealer just about than from BD itself, and it is somthing I always gripe about when on the phone to head office.
so if i quote jegs price to my local bd dealer on a bd part they wont meet the price on thier own product?what kind of &*&^%$ is that?thats fine i can spend my $s south of the border,im sure jegs will ship to canada,and with the exchange rate like it is now its almost at par.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by duallydave
so if i quote jegs price to my local bd dealer on a bd part they wont meet the price on thier own product?what kind of &*&^%$ is that?thats fine i can spend my $s south of the border,im sure jegs will ship to canada,and with the exchange rate like it is now its almost at par.

This is the experince I have had luckly I have a dealer just up the road that will give deals. Maybe you'll have better luck the way they always jabber to me is that they don't care where I buy it, and jegs or x store sells it cheaper because they buy in larger amounts and therefore get a deal as to what they sell them for after that that is there decision. BD has a suggested retail price on their website that they stick to becuase lots of there dealers sell by those numbers.

Give it a whirl though.

J
Old 09-16-2006, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by greenworks
Problem is BD main office WILL NOT budge from the listed price,
By drop ship...I meant an order sold to JEGS but shipped direct to their customer, instead of shipped to JEGS!
BD has no knowledge of the price pd by JEGS customer.
That way it's shipped within Canada. Getting stuff from US to Canada can be a real pain...at least it has been for me. JEGS may be set up to do it more easily?

RJ