Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Powerpuck questions....

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 02:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Powerpuck questions....

Ok, I'm just looking for something light for my 01. I'm thinking of the power puck. It says it doesn't cause any strain to the injection pump, this true? If so, that means I don't have to mess with the fuel system, correct? I'm trying to find something that I don't have to mess with the fuel at all, as far as pumps go, I don't mind a pressure gauge to keep things in check. Let me know if there may be other options out there too, I want it to be good but don't have much to spend on the 01....not a daily driver. So I'm gonna guess, probably no smoke from that?? the other I was thinking of is the bully dog torque dog. I've run that before, and liked it, but am concerned about the fuel system...or maybe I shouldn't be?? Thanks!!
Old 05-09-2009, 08:41 AM

Well I have owned an 01 cummins and the first chip I put on was the power puck (cheap fun) it will make your truck run better, it adds a little bit of timing which will make your turbo light faster with the extra fuel added. If you smash it down at dead stop it will roal a decent little cloud of smoke out, nothing to big though. But also your fuel system is stock, so any mods at all will make that fuel prssure go down in a hurry, your best bet is to save the money up get a big fuel system then you can play safely.......
Old 05-09-2009, 05:10 PM

Ok, thank you. I just wasn't sure if there might be something at all out there that I don't have to mess with the fuel system too, cause that can add up.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:58 PM

I'm running a Powerpuck on my 2000 and i like it, Haven't had any problems with it and it gives my truck just the little more pep it needs towing my horse trailer to hold highway speeds in the hills. It'll roll just a little coal if you give it some juice in OD at a lower RPM or if i mash it and she kicks down a gear, then i get a nice little puff. My only downfall was with the stock fuel system i could pull it down to only about 5 psi, which is bad so it wasn't to long after that, i looked into the Raptor 100 fuel pump. I'd say it's a good purchase if you want just a little more power for a fairly cheap budget.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:07 PM

Ok, thank you for the help. Ever had it on the dyno? I have about 3 I can pick from at good prices and I probably will go ahead and do it.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rustybudweiser
I'm running a Powerpuck on my 2000 and i like it, Haven't had any problems with it and it gives my truck just the little more pep it needs towing my horse trailer to hold highway speeds in the hills. It'll roll just a little coal if you give it some juice in OD at a lower RPM or if i mash it and she kicks down a gear, then i get a nice little puff. My only downfall was with the stock fuel system i could pull it down to only about 5 psi, which is bad so it wasn't to long after that, i looked into the Raptor 100 fuel pump. I'd say it's a good purchase if you want just a little more power for a fairly cheap budget.
Rusty,
I was looking for a post about the power puck and came across this.
Sounds like you were looking for the same I am now.
I am not going to pulls or wanting to spend a lot of $$. I want a little more pep and speed holding with 3 horse LQ trailer.

Would this be a good $200 investment for my stock 2002 5sp?
If it makes a diff, my VP44 was replaced a while back and I have a psi gauge. I normally hold 9.5 psi at 70mph pulling the horses.