Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Power Chips

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2003, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Chips

I recently began hauling RVs commercially. I am having difficulty hauling "the big ones" and understand that we can buy a chip to boost the power. I would like some recommendations on what to buy and any additional information on these chips that anyone would care to provide.

I have a Dodge 1-ton dually 2002 diesel. Automatic, 355s

Thanks.

Tim
Old 10-19-2003, 08:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:Power Chips

We don't put chips in them, we add power boxes!!!
I'd suggest a Edge E-Z and or 275 injectors. Any more and you will slip the trans.
Start with gauges and plan on a trans but don't expect your local shop to know the Ideal ways to build it. Most are afraid of raising the pressure and none last if the pressure is near stock.
Old 10-19-2003, 08:31 PM

http://www.edgeproductsinc.com/dodge.html

I hear good things about the EZ and Comp Boxes. I run a Diablo Sport Power Puck but, I have had problems with it.

http://www.diablosport.com/
Old 10-20-2003, 08:48 AM

If you haul for a living I would suggest getting the tranny done first, otherwise you may end up stranded somewhere and spending way too much for a stock tranny replacement. There are about 1.2 million threads on autos on this site and some others. As far as power goes, I would suggest the Edge Comp with the wire untapped, and a set of gauges. Then go from there.
www.westtexasturbodiesel.com
Old 10-20-2003, 08:15 PM

I agree with WTTD, you will probably end up stranded somewhere if you tow alot and add power before tranny work. I only had my EZ on for about a year with some towing about once a month, and on the way home from CA my TC started slipping.

I just recently had the tranny updated and can tell you it puts way more power to the ground now. If I had known I could buy the Comp and it would have the same power as the EZ, and then tap the pump wire later for more power I would have bought it instead. There is a huge amount of HP to be had in these trucks and I have only just scratched the surface. Definetely going for some injectors next...........
Old 10-21-2003, 07:46 AM
Banned

Twhite,

These guys are correct excepy if you're hauling that heavy you need to get gauges first along with exhaust to seee what you base line is with the heaviest trailer you intend to haul. Then add an Edge or whatever for more HP etc. That way you know the before and after as it happens. Beefing up the tranny is also good insurance etc. We sell all types of gauges, exhaust and Modules , if you need us call and we'll make reccomendations based on past experience etc.

Mark @ DPPI
Old 10-21-2003, 08:29 PM
Muted User

I've ran an edge ez, vanakken box, and a hypertech tuner on my 01' with an automatic. dynoed with them all. the ez gave me 45 hp, vanakken 30 hp, and the hypertech tuner 34 hp. currently running the hypertech and have noticed the vanakken gave me a bit better milage.

can't wait til i get the money for a new trans, then i can stack all three of them!!! ;D