Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Possible issue with BHAF

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Possible issue with BHAF

I installed my Fleetguard BHAF (AH190037) this morning. Everything went well. I used a stiffner in the kneck of the filter just to be on the safe side and also a piece of 5/8 heater hose to protect the a/c line. I am a bit concerned that the OEM air intake tube is pressed against the smaller ground wires on the battery where it's connected to the filter. Actually it's the wire loom around the smaller wires that is pressed against the tube. Below the wire loom the two wires are pressed against the rubber on the filter housing. I was wondering if the vibration would eventually rub a hole in the intake tube and/or filter housing. Has anyone experienced a problem with this? I debated on moving the ground cable to give it more clearance but one of the smaller wires is connected to the bottom of the battery stand and won't move much if any. The only other issue that concerned me was how much should I tighten the clamp around the filter kneck. I snugged it down to the third & fourth notch on the clamp which was about as far as I could go without putting some extra on it. Thanks for any replies.