Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

please help!!!! experts' input needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 12:10 PM
Muted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
please help!!!! experts' input needed

hey to everyone!!! i have severe problems!! i just had a lot of stuff done to my truck, 1996 dodge! i had everything done. new 913 pump with the work done by dave's diesel. the pump is timed at 20* and flows 400-900cc's and claibrated up to 5000 RPM's!! kdp fixed, twins, head studs, oringed, 370 injectors, HD valve springs, oversized lines, SBC DD clutch, input shaft, and prolly a couple of more things i can't remember!! i got it out on the road and ran it. the twins are wastegated real low, boost-wise at around 45 or so, and the oil pressure was fine, water temp was fine, then all of a sudden i "poured the coal to it" and the more pedal i gave it the more it felt/sounded like it was bogging down, then let off and it died. I turned it off and turned it back on and the water temp gauge was buried. i pulled over and seen oil dripping from somewhere and antifreeze dripping from the intercooler. i let it cool down for a couple of hours then i got it to fire right back up!! oil pressure is still fine and water temp is fine. i am thinking my thermostat stuck because it was sitting for a couple of months and the timing pin is missing. any other suggestions as to why it heated up so fast and caused these things to happen??? please help!!
Old 10-11-2004, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First and foremost, I would call up your supplier (Dave's Diesel). Tell them exactly what you told us and see what they recommend. After all, you just dropped a chunk of change on their parts, they should help ya.

Was the truck warm (water temp > 140) before you stood on it? If not, you've most likely stressed a cold engine beyond it's limits. I've heard of using antifreeze test strips to determine if there is combustion particulates in the cooling system. Check your local (autozone/oriellys/napa/advanceauto) for these strips.

brandon.