Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Played with my comp today, have a thought...

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Played with my comp today, have a thought...

I usually drive around with my comp off till I want the xtra power, all my settings were on sub-level 5, just th see what would happen, i turned setting 1 to sub level 1, found it defueled less on take off than the comp off, felt close to stock till the boost picked up, and with the 80hp injectors, it would probably save fuel right? Less smoke and fuel on take off which is when you usually burn the most.

My thought is, and it may sound stupid, I know if you unplug the map sensor with a edge comp, it will smoke like crazy cause it sees full boost, what if you could "wire" the map sensor to see no boost even at full? and with the comp on 1x1, it would probable save a lot of fuel cause it would always see 0psi, so I would always be de-fueling. yeah, the truck would be a dog, but it sure could help to save fuel, I dont see why you couldnt wire the map sensor that way, and then maybe install a switch in the cab to make it normal again when you need the power, or to race some power joke, flip the switch when you want to save fuel. I sounds like it would work to me, what do you guys think?
Old 07-18-2007, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I drive mine with the Comp on 1x1 90%+ of the time, I even like the way it tows and no smoke to alert the PD. I haven't taken it on a long trip to check mileage since I put the Comp, turbo and injectors in and I still have a hard time keeping my foot out of it, it's way too much fun. Jeff
Old 07-18-2007, 10:21 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I don't think all the defueling is as much of a fuel saver as you would expect. With less fuel, you'd probably always end up behind the turbo and would be working it harder to get/keep things moving. You're better fuel saving bet is to have the standard fueling, some extra timing and a light right foot.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I actually run on level 1x1 to help control my smokey injectors. In stock setting, my truck runs pretty dirty if you give it more than 1/4 throttle. In level 1x1, it gives it 33% of stock fueling till it sees 10-15 psi boost.