Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Which plate should I get?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 01:29 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by halerazor
you don't need a mirror finish on it just make it smooth
Yeah like halerazor said wear out that governor lever
Old 11-24-2005, 02:09 AM

i've ran my 0 plate for 2 years now and have no wear on the lever. the stock plate or the aftermarkets don't have a mirror finnish on them they are all glass beaded. if this does ever happen i will just ajust the lever. i was a tool and die maker and cnc machinist for 7 years until recently when i recieved my degree in electrical engineering, so i have a liitle knowledge in metalergy.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:33 AM
Banned

That's quite right bout the "factory" hot rod plates and stock unground plates however some people grind their stockers put'em on the grinder and call it good, I've ground about 6 plates for folks that tried to grind their own and did not get the grinder GOUGES out and yes the governor lever wore a nice little spot on'em where theywere making contact, not just shined it up but yes wore about a 10 thou (by eye) track in'em so yes it is imperitve that they are smooth with NO GRINDER GOUGES IN THEM. When I took out my "factory" hot rod plate there was a ever so slight very light polished wear mark on the plate, that's fine. But if you're grinding them they should be finished to at least stock fininsh or "factory" hot rod plate finish, for me shiny is easier, and hey LESS FRICTION = MORE POWER DUE TO LESS RESISTANCE. Besides more folks have the capability to polish rather than bead blast as it is more cost efficient to own a Dremel or die grinder rather than a bead blaster, HECK if I had a mill (can't do it on my lathe, at least not yet ) I wouldn't polish'em like I do, ok maybe I still would don't take too long anyhow.

Just ask some the people that got my plates: 97Dually, billja1, Dshiftff, Got Smoke?, got...DIESEL?, TxDiesel007, walexa and hopefully more to come.

Sorry if I sounded a little course, was not my intention, stayed up too late got up too early and no

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!