Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

PIERS NEW TWIN TURBO SYSTEM

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2003, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PIERS NEW TWIN TURBO SYSTEM

Well I got the privilege of installing a set of Piers' new twin turbo system and all I can say is WOW! I have no idea how much it actually reduced my egt's because my pyro only reads to 1600* and I could hit that before in the blink of an eye (even in valet mode). Also in valet mode I have yet to see over 1400* and that took a long time (read high speed run) for it to get to this temp. I haven't tried full fuel yet :<br><br>The bottom end lag is almost nonexistent, which makes throttle response feel instantaneous. Now as for boost #'s I can easily hit 65 psi in valet mode and who knows what they are capable of with full fuel.... But I will be setting the wastegate to limit max boost to a safe level. <br><br>Thats it for now as I have to go out and try and find a few ricers to play with <br><br>Doug
Old 05-17-2003, 03:56 PM
Banned

Re:PIERS NEW TWIN TURBO SYSTEM

AWESOME MAN!!! You've been wanting twins for a while now, right? How's the truck running with all that extra fuel? What kind of power do you think you are making now? How's the smoke on the top end? Keep us up-to-date as to how the truck works with the twins. I'm really curious to see. You've got the exact setup that I want with mine.
Old 05-17-2003, 04:15 PM

Jetpilot:<br>Awsome I will be waiting for more information on this set-up.<br>Bruce
Old 05-17-2003, 04:42 PM

you coming to Muncie Doug? ;D would be awesome to check out ur &quot;GOD&quot; like truck!!!!
Old 05-17-2003, 05:13 PM

I will be rolling into Muncie either Wednesday the 3rd or Thursday 4th. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.<br><br>Doug
Old 05-17-2003, 06:59 PM

[quote author=BigBlue link=board=7;threadid=14852;start=0#139316 date=1053205010]
AWESOME MAN!!! You've been wanting twins for a while now, right? How's the truck running with all that extra fuel? What kind of power do you think you are making now? How's the smoke on the top end? Keep us up-to-date as to how the truck works with the twins. I'm really curious to see. You've got the exact setup that I want with mine.
[/quote]

Don't forget hes trying to tune the P7100 pump he put on the truck.......its a tricky combination.

Just curious Doug is it the same setup as Nathan's? Or do you have a bigger low pressure turbo since you have the P7100 for fuel?
Old 05-17-2003, 08:12 PM

Kat,<br><br>I am running the same turbos as Nathan. The big difference in our setups is mine has dual wastegates plus pressure relief valves built in, just in case : <br><br>Doug
Old 05-17-2003, 08:26 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Schweet Doug!<br><br>Don~
Old 05-17-2003, 10:51 PM

Bruce, as for the Twin systems out there mine included this one is a big step ahead.<br><br>Jim<br><br>Mine's about 1 year behind but I'm working on it!
Old 05-18-2003, 06:54 AM

Hey,Doug way to go!!!! Can't wait to see that truck run.<br> We will be at Muncie also,stopping at ADT to meet up with Andy on Fri. Andy and Doug did agreat job on my truck,I need a exst brake!! Or maybe you could get me a PARACHUTE!!! See you at Muncie!!! Mark<br>
Old 05-21-2003, 01:42 PM

I need to add a little info here on this setup..... To give everyone an idea on the quality of this system the turbos are put together by PDR and the plumbing is being designed and manufactured by Northwest Custom. There has been a lot of input by the guys developing, manufacturing and testing this product. All`parties involved want to be sure everything is just right prior to its launch. Currently the twins are still in the development/testing stage, but hopefully they will be for sale soon.<br><br>Sorry if the prior post didn't give credit where due or caused too many to drool with anticipation. <br>
Old 05-21-2003, 05:32 PM

Doug...can you post some pictures....I hate to say it, Nate &amp; Jason are bugging me to get twins. I'm going to hold off with my single as long as I can, or until Piers can't make a better single.. :'( :'(<br><br>Steve
Old 05-21-2003, 05:41 PM

Well in case you missed mine at MM Stevarino ;D. Here ya go
Old 05-21-2003, 05:46 PM
Banned

Did I miss something? It only shows the very top part of the pic on my comp. ???
Old 05-21-2003, 06:02 PM

Let's try again

Quick Reply: PIERS NEW TWIN TURBO SYSTEM