Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Piers Diesel Research customer service

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Piers Diesel Research customer service

Not long ago I went about the business of bombing my ride (again) by putting in a cam, an o-ringed head and studs. I bought the head and studs from Piers Diesel Research. The head I had didn't have anything wrong with it other than having 225,000 miles on it. But I didn't want my truck down very long, so I bought the head all done. Anyway, I pulled the old head off and to my dismay the cylinder walls had some pretty ugly scores in them. I decided to pull the engine out and rebuild it. Since I was going to have the truck down for quite some time anyway, I decided to get more radical with the bombs. The new head was no longer a good idea. So I tried to sell it in the classifieds on a number of sites, and then tried selling it on eBay. No luck. So I put my hat in my hand and called
Mark at Piers, told him of my bad luck, and asked him if PDR would consider taking my cylinder head back and exchanging for some other parts I needed. PDR could have said 'you know, that's really a shame that happened, but it's not our fault. The head is yours' and I would not have had a gripe in the world if they did. But PDR in my mind is not that kind of company. They're out to help the average
enthusiast as well. This to me is the kind of company I like to deal with. Kudos to Piers for their excellent customer service. Just thought other people should know they'll treat you right.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:34 PM

I realy like the guys that I have talked to up there.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:54 PM

I have ordered from them several times.. Everything I ordered was shipped quickly and the order was complete... They have not tried to sell me something i don't need but make sure I get everything I need..

Great Company and they have all my business!!

Gerry
Old 04-09-2007, 08:00 PM

Excellent bunch there. They just send it on the Greyhound and I'm good to go. Way cheaper than the competition. Thanks PDR....
Old 04-09-2007, 08:55 PM

Ya me too,I get my stuff the next day via the bus.I ordered the wrong comp and they even ate the shipping.My truck said early 00 but the truck is a 01
Old 04-09-2007, 10:52 PM

They don't get much better than the guys at PDR!

I've dealt with Mark on many occasions as well as on a problem I've been having for the last few months. After endless e-mails and phone calls trying to nail this problem down, we finally figured it out and I'm heading down there at the end of this month to get the old girl fixed.

That kind of service alone is worth the 10 hour one way drive, let alone the 10 hour return trip.

Jeff
Old 04-10-2007, 12:05 AM

Wish it was only 10 hours from my home in TEXAS I would like to meet those guys in person.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:47 PM
The Guru

I second the great guys story. I've hung out a few days at the store. I felt at home with guys that are just like us hard core diesel heads. I enjoyed talking to guys that actually know what a diesel truck is and how the engine works. Piers was pretty knowledgeable guy to chat with. They have ran and drive daily most of the stuff that they sell. You should see all the cool diesel project rides that are always on the go there. I never seen so many twin turbo trucks in one parking lot.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:52 PM
JKM

Put in another vote for PDR , Especially Harry Keleheller ( i am sure that is his last name) he and the whole PDR crew have bent over backwards every time i call them, and that is why they continue to get my business.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:44 PM

Harry is no longer there.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sadly that's true
It will be a tough go for the only existing survivor, Mark at PDR
I wish him the best.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talked with Mark earlier this week and have bought several things from them. He's always on the phone (gee I wonder why?), but if I leave my number he ALWAYS calls me back. Straight shooter, calls them how he sees them. I will continue to do business with them.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dodgediesel
Harry is no longer there.
What!!! Oh man.. first Piers, now Harry.. Not the place I used to know.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:18 AM

So paul, did they credit your charge card??
Old 04-11-2007, 11:33 AM

No, my credit cards are on fire. Know of any firefighters that could put the flames out?

Quick Reply: Piers Diesel Research customer service