Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Pictures of "A' pillar three gauge mount with tweeter

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pictures of "A' pillar three gauge mount with tweeter

I want to get the three gauge "A" pillar mount for trucks with the tweeter from Geno's to install in my 2001 24v. Does any one have pictures of how these look? I've seen lots of pictures of the three gauge mounts for trucks without the tweeter, but I have'nt seen one with the factory "A" pillar tweeter. Can any one out there help me? Also, for those with the tweeter set up, does it mount over the factory "A" pillar cover, or do you remove it? How difficult is the install? Thanks.
Old 01-18-2004, 07:42 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish the pic was a little better but it gives you an idea. It really looks good and I saved my stock pillar cover for reinstallation should I decide to sell the truck and keep my gauges. You can also click the link to my Photo Gallery to some some pics.
Click here for some other threads that mention the tweeter and A-pillar mount. I have a reply in one of these.
Old 01-18-2004, 08:08 PM

Thanks for the reply. How does the old cover come off and the new one go on? Thanks
Old 01-18-2004, 08:37 PM
Administrator

Arrow This may help

Originally posted by chucktownsend5
Thanks for the reply. How does the old cover come off and the new one go on? Thanks
The stock cover just pulls off,,,,,,,,,,,, just be careful and do it slow. It is held onto the pillar with three clips that snap in. I happened to have the stock pillar up here in a closet, so I snapped a couple pics to give you and idea. If you read the post or the caption with the pic in my Photo Gallery, you can see that the new one is held in place with a single screw that you will have to supply and drill yourself. My pic shows where I have the screw in mine.
Old 01-18-2004, 08:40 PM
Administrator

Here is a close up of the clip.
It will be easier if you start at the top and gently pull it towards you. Try to pull from the door opening side and top.
Old 01-18-2004, 08:45 PM

So the new one is held in by just the one screw, or does it use the old snap holders and the screw just gives it extra hold. thanks for the replies.
Old 01-18-2004, 08:49 PM

Also, where did you mount your banjo for the fuel sender? I'm thinking of running westach gauges as well and am not sure where exactly the threaded banjo goes on the fuel filter. I want to keep the schrader valves on the banjo's that the dealer uses for checking for presuure, so do you now of any other options? Thanks again.
Old 01-18-2004, 08:50 PM
DPG

The A-pillar mount does not have any snaps built into it. It fits tight at the bottom, and the screw holds the top in place. You can check out my A-pillar by clicking on my photo gallery at the left. I added an extra pod at the bottom for a fuel pressure gauge. I also have boost , tranny temp, and exaust gas temp. I did cannibalize my OEM a pillar, as I am planning on keeping this truck until the wheels fall off.

DeWain
Old 01-18-2004, 08:55 PM
Administrator

Talking Just one screw

DeWain answered you on the one screw. Mine is tight as factory and does not wiggle or vibrate at all. Most everyone does it this way with no problems.
As far as the fuel pressure hook-up on yours,,,,,, I'm not familiar because my 99 has a different type fuel filter housing. If you do a search, there are many threads where folks describe how the newer style is done.
Old 01-18-2004, 09:01 PM

Thanks. I did do a search but couldn't find a clear answer. Hopefully some one will answer.
Old 01-19-2004, 04:18 PM

I did the same here on the pillar mount with a single bolt at the top. As for the fuel pressure, I took the banjo bolt from the bottom of the filter canister and replaced it with the tapped bolt. Then ran my line from there.

Roy
Old 01-19-2004, 05:02 PM

What does the bolt attach too? Does it go into the old snap in fitting for the old "A" pillar cover? Thanks
Old 01-19-2004, 06:27 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by chucktownsend5
What does the bolt attach too? Does it go into the old snap in fitting for the old "A" pillar cover? Thanks
No, you don't use the old snap fitting. I just put the new pillar cover in place where I wanted it, making sure the bottom was in it's place. Then I eye-balled where I wanted to put the screw. Then I pulled the top of the cover down to make sure that where I was going to drill the hole,,,, I would be drilling into a good spot on the metal a-pillar frame. After a few rechecks to make sure that I would be hitting a good spot in the metal a-pillar, I held the cover in place where I wanted it and drilled a hole straight through the cover and into the metal a-pillar. I then used a self-tapping screw to hold the cover tight. Some folks have even taken a piece of metal tubing and cut it to slide over the screw on the back side of the cover to act as a spacer, but I didn't see the need for that. Like I said, mine has been up for over two years and is still as tight as when I installed it. I've even taken it down to do some other wiring work and put it back up with no problems.

Dennis

Screw location
Old 01-19-2004, 06:37 PM

Thanks for the reply.
Old 01-20-2004, 12:30 AM

Here's a pic of mine.

A-pillar pic

I mounted mine over the top of the factory pillar cover just because I didn't trucks the thinner gauge pod to hold the extra wieght. I had to cut the stock pillar cover up but I don't plan on taking the gauges out so I didn't mind.

DB

Quick Reply: Pictures of "A' pillar three gauge mount with tweeter