Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Pics of new and old turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 02:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with getblown5.9. If all you've got is a comp and nothing else, and HX35 will be just fine. You might have to watch the EGT's while towing but other than that you should be perfectly fine. If you add even just a set of 275's with a comp, the HX35 is going to be to small.

SuperDave4x4, any of those turbos you list should work alright. I'm thinking the dodgezilla might be a little on the small side though. The 40 would work perfectly but then you have to worry about snapping the shafts. Since I never tried any of those other turbos, I'm only basing my opinion off of what I've read and seen. I have tried the KSB-1 and I know for a fact that it works like a charm. I probably could have gotten away with something a little smaller but I'd still have to watch my EGT gauge and when your racing or screwing around the last thing you want to be looking at is a gauge. With my setup now, I can do whatever speed I want and hold it for as long as I want and know that my EGT's will never be in the danger zone. That's how I like it.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by BigBlue
I agree with getblown5.9. If all you've got is a comp and nothing else, and HX35 will be just fine. You might have to watch the EGT's while towing but other than that you should be perfectly fine. If you add even just a set of 275's with a comp, the HX35 is going to be to small.

SuperDave4x4, any of those turbos you list should work alright. I'm thinking the dodgezilla might be a little on the small side though. The 40 would work perfectly but then you have to worry about snapping the shafts. Since I never tried any of those other turbos, I'm only basing my opinion off of what I've read and seen. I have tried the KSB-1 and I know for a fact that it works like a charm. I probably could have gotten away with something a little smaller but I'd still have to watch my EGT gauge and when your racing or screwing around the last thing you want to be looking at is a gauge. With my setup now, I can do whatever speed I want and hold it for as long as I want and know that my EGT's will never be in the danger zone. That's how I like it.

thanks a lot! exactly what i'm after
Old 10-23-2005, 10:26 PM

Thanks for the info BigBlue. Where did you pick up your KSB-1 from?