Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Pics of my twins project

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 09:57 AM
BCB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JKM
Just a thought off of the top of my head , might help to make things a little less congested looking , But what about moving the battery back to where the stock airbox was , and putting the intake where the battery currently is?

thats exactly what i am doing on my truck this weekend
Old 01-20-2007, 11:00 AM

I actually thought about moving the battery and still might. I'll see how things go first. The outlet of the primary charger sure is making getting the 35 hooked up to the intercooler, I am gonna have to make a new connection on the hx-35 make it a 90 degree bend and I should have it. I only hope I can get this together before I need my truck. I would hate to have to put the Super 40 back on after all this work.
Joe
EDIT I did a lot of searching on this turbo and discovered the A/R to be a .90, this got me to wondering if this turbo is gonna work. It should be no problem to switch to another s400 and redo the piping since it isn't welded up yet. Let me know what you guys think. thanks
Joe
Old 01-20-2007, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by BCB
thats exactly what i am doing on my truck this weekend
The battery will fit nicely on the frame rail in the fender just back from the passenger side of the cab. I have been thinking of moving mine there, but protecting and keeping it as warm as in the stock location has caused some doubts in my mind.

Jim
Old 01-20-2007, 10:26 PM
BCB

Originally Posted by NoSeeUm
The battery will fit nicely on the frame rail in the fender just back from the passenger side of the cab. I have been thinking of moving mine there, but protecting and keeping it as warm as in the stock location has caused some doubts in my mind.

Jim
i don't know much about batteries so bare with me... why does it need to be kept warm?
Old 01-20-2007, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by DLittle
Where are you buying the pre bent pipe from ? I've been thinking about twin and I'm gathering info. Thanks

Dana
Take a look HERE for a good source of bends clamps and other parts.

HTH
Max
Old 01-21-2007, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by NoSeeUm

Jim

I think JKM was talking about putting the battery where the stock airbox sat....as in right where the Scotty hole would be cut....the rear passenger corner of the engine bay; not down below on the frame.
It's beneficial for the battery to collect heat from the engine compartment in the winter months....warmth=power.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by cyric
EDIT I did a lot of searching on this turbo and discovered the A/R to be a .90, this got me to wondering if this turbo is gonna work. It should be no problem to switch to another s400 and redo the piping since it isn't welded up yet. Let me know what you guys think. thanks
Joe
Is it wastegated?? If so, don't worry about it, it will spool NICE! If not, it will choke on the top end. What size is the intake wheel??

As long as the intake wheel is the right size, a change in exhaust housings would probably be cheaper. Have you measured the exhaust wheel size?

Chris
Old 01-21-2007, 10:45 AM

Ok I measured the intake wheel and the exhaust wheel. The exhaust is 70mm the intake at the base is 91mm and at the outer edge is 62mm. ( I am not sure exactly where to measure the intake wheel) I took some pics. I have a 50mm external wastegate I am gonna put on the bottom charger to keep boost in check. Ok a question on drive pressures where do you tap into the hot side to check drive pressures? Between the 2 turbos or at the manifold? Thanks in advance,
Joe
Old 01-21-2007, 03:01 PM

You check drive pressure in the manifold!

Judging by those dimensions, it would make a better single than a primary! 62/91mm intake wheel is tiny. What kind of power you hoping to make??

Chris
Old 01-21-2007, 04:32 PM
The Guru

Try it. I like to see how well she spools as a complete package. If you run your existing turbo on top and use sized injectors around the mach 4. You should have enough air for 500 to 550rwhp area, with good spools. It might bark so put on some braces to it doesn't blow anything off. Mine does a bow-wow too. Mine top turbo air tube been shot off a few times. Lifes to short to go slow.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:56 PM

Thats wicked man! Im glad theres still people out there doing there own work!
Old 01-21-2007, 06:16 PM

I am only hoping to make around 450 hp 900-1000 ft lbs torque. I had to put the Super 40 back on cause I needed the truck so i have some time to figure all this stuff out. I know I can make 450 on a good single there is just something about twins that I fell I gotta have them.
Thanks,
Joe
Old 01-21-2007, 07:18 PM
Banned

Does anyone have anymore pics of how they have there twin setup?
Old 01-22-2007, 07:33 AM

If all you're going for is 450, that charger "should" do it...and spool FAST. We had a 66mm S400 we used under a 35 and it made 495 with little EGT problems!

Just be sure to check the drive pressure...with 2 small housings it could be a little high!

Chris
Old 01-22-2007, 08:43 PM

Thanks Chris. I say 450 now but knowing how the bombing bug is once I hit 450 I'll want 500 etc. At least the only thing I would have to change is the cold piping if I swap out the turbo so I am gonna just go ahead and try it. If the drive pressures get to high I'll just swap out the bottom charger. The .9 ar does that equal about a 16cm housing? If I could find a different exhaust housing with the bolt pattern for the manifold It would make a good single. Aren't most of the S300 turbos based of a Borg warner turbo? The model number on this one is s310A113. Sorry for the long post. I know you guys get tired of educating me so thanks for putting up with my questions.
Joe

Quick Reply: Pics of my twins project