Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

phat shat boost elbow screw size

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
phat shat boost elbow screw size

had my buggy on the trailer behind my truck yesterday and on the way home i notice a different whooshing sound on boost buildup. i get home and see that the boost elbow set screw is gone. im very tight on time working with the buggy and have to use the truck later today and a long drive tommorrow, and industrial injection is closed today. does anyone have the size set screw and length so i can try pick one up in the next little while?

thanks a bunch,

jeremy
Old 05-10-2008, 10:55 AM

Did your juice come w/ a boost elbow? Maybe that will get you through the weekend.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:01 PM

You can replace the elbow with a 1/8 inch brass plug from the hardware store for the time being.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:22 PM

i could, but i can also get set screws at the store too... i dont think theres anything special about the one that came with the turbo is there? im just wondering if someone can give me the thread and length measurements while im dealing with the buggy. im wanting to make sure i put the right length back in there. if i had to guess, id say a 1/4" long would do it, but i dont want to be too long or too short...

thanks,

jeremy
Old 05-10-2008, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by j-dubya
i could, but i can also get set screws at the store too... i dont think theres anything special about the one that came with the turbo is there? im just wondering if someone can give me the thread and length measurements while im dealing with the buggy. im wanting to make sure i put the right length back in there. if i had to guess, id say a 1/4" long would do it, but i dont want to be too long or too short...

thanks,

jeremy
Best bet is to just take the boost elbow off and bring it to the hardware store. Once there, check the different bins and keep trying the different size set screws until you find one that fits. It's probably a 10-32 or a 1/4-20 though.

I don't personally know off hand, it's just an educated guess.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:46 PM

i ended up finding a small package of spare misc sawzall set screws i had here at the house and using one out of there. i want very impressed with the crimp that II had put on the elbow. the set screw moved fairly easily. im trying a generous amount of lock tight inside and out first. i would have added my own crimp, but i didnt have the time to take it off and do so. with my luck trying to crimp it while its on, id probably bust the whole elbow off in the turbo housing...

jeremy