Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

phat shaft 62 installed

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 04:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wouldn't worry about it... till you get to needing a 'relaxed-fit' CTD
Old 08-23-2006, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not really...if you can believe it, I'm the "smallest" and the tallest in my family!

I've already got as relaxed a fit CTD as possible, without buying one of them new fangled quiet jobs

Chris
Old 08-23-2006, 04:32 PM
Registered

nope, it aint in yet!

there was no reason for it not to be in last friday. Im getting tired of coming home from school and it not being here!!
Old 08-23-2006, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by signature600
Yeah but you're like 6'8" and I'm (barely) 6'

I'm workin' on that weight part...I started buying relaxed fit clothes, and only carry 6 keys instead of 7. I think I look about 10lbs slimmer already

Chris
Ask him how many times he readjusted my hanging lamp in my house in Texas last Sat!!!!
Old 08-24-2006, 07:44 AM

Was it dusty up there RJ??

Chris
Old 08-24-2006, 08:32 PM
Registered

TST came in today!

absloutly amazing

installation - very impressive. Easy to read instructions. All you have to do to it is tap a ignition wire, map sensor, pump wire, and ground.

10x better than the edge comp install, the good scotch locks are worth their weight in gold! no getting into the fuse box for power, just a simply tap the red/green wire

I had no problems as far as the lights go. got the red and yellow like i was supposed to, then the green light came on when i got boost.

power - all i can say is WOW!! its crazy how fast this thing will go from 2000 rpm to 3600 rpm. and it pulls so hard! and you cant beat the sound of a tached out cummins!

i can now hit 47 psi of boost. kinda scared of what she'll do when i get some real water/meth.

smoke - Heh, well uhh lets just say theres a lot of smoke. but the sps 62 cleans it up when she lights. but if i lug it i can close (notice i didnt say fog) a 4 lane. and there is no accelerating with out smoke. i can get away with a heavy haze, but its always there.

pyro - well, im back in the same boat as before. buried. i need that other turbo!

any questions just shoot. id be happy to answer all of them
Old 08-24-2006, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by blackdiesel
TST came in today!

absloutly amazing

installation - very impressive. Easy to read instructions. All you have to do to it is tap a ignition wire, map sensor, pump wire, and ground.

10x better than the edge comp install, the good scotch locks are worth their weight in gold! no getting into the fuse box for power, just a simply tap the red/green wire

I had no problems as far as the lights go. got the red and yellow like i was supposed to, then the green light came on when i got boost.

power - all i can say is WOW!! its crazy how fast this thing will go from 2000 rpm to 3600 rpm. and it pulls so hard! and you cant beat the sound of a tached out cummins!

i can now hit 47 psi of boost. kinda scared of what she'll do when i get some real water/meth.

smoke - Heh, well uhh lets just say theres a lot of smoke. but the sps 62 cleans it up when she lights. but if i lug it i can close (notice i didnt say fog) a 4 lane. and there is no accelerating with out smoke. i can get away with a heavy haze, but its always there.

pyro - well, im back in the same boat as before. buried. i need that other turbo!

Bout stinkin' time, its only been like 3 years. Smoke? I don't believe you, need pics to make a fair opinion. Get that girl of yours to hold the camera and lets some some pics!

Seriously, congrats man, get the rest of it so I can see you at the truck pulls!
Old 08-24-2006, 08:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by satburn
Bout stinkin' time, its only been like 3 years. Smoke? I don't believe you, need pics to make a fair opinion. Get that girl of yours to hold the camera and lets some some pics!

Seriously, congrats man, get the rest of it so I can see you at the truck pulls!
i know man, took for ever. lol ill see what i can do.

and about 6 grand later ill get all the good stuff. have a bad feeling ill be going through the head sooner or later (probably sooner rather than later)

i need another turbo!
Old 08-24-2006, 08:56 PM

TST came in today!

absloutly amazing

congrats on the tst finally, the mail does suck. would like to see some pics of smoke. dieselfan
Old 08-24-2006, 09:02 PM
Banned

i hate to be the naysayer here buddy but you are gonna be like me...i give it a week until your "i found oil in the coolant" thread. i dont wish it upon you, and i will tell you, its a good feeling knowing that when my truck fires up again, so long as no mistakes are made by me, i will never have to worry about rolling into the throttle and hitting 47-50psi and hoping the gasket holds.

thats all you have left is the head and you should be good for twins, more fuel anything ya want
Old 08-24-2006, 09:06 PM
Registered

yup, goin to mach 4's, rebuilt head, o rings, gasket, studs, hrvp44, helix 2, and the b2/s400 (along with all the piping and good stuff)
Old 08-24-2006, 09:09 PM

Here blackdiesel, gotcha covered. Introducing.... pullling truck.

Old 08-24-2006, 09:14 PM

yup, goin to mach 4's, rebuilt head, o rings, gasket, studs, hrvp44, helix 2, and the b2/s400 (along with all the piping and good stuff)
why not mach 6's instead of 4's, you seem like you get bored easily,with power? dieselfan nice pic also
Old 08-24-2006, 09:16 PM
Registered

its more smoke than that and a fully skirted bed and 54-56 (cant remember, or count that high for that matter) lights. man i need new pics!!

nice job in paint though!
Old 08-24-2006, 09:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dieselfan
why not mach 6's instead of 4's, you seem like you get bored easily,with power? dieselfan
no increase in power from the 4's to the 6's with this setup. Not worth the extra 300 bucks. trust me, ive thought about it and id have them in a heartbeat if they made the difference!

Quick Reply: phat shaft 62 installed