Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Performance shop mods?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Performance shop mods?

Called the performance shop in milwaukee. I read them my sig and they had a few comments.

They did not like the fact that I have a 3k GSK in. They said they do not install those and instead remove the pump and tweak it on the bench. I haven't heard anything negative here, so I'm wondering where they are coming from?

They provide a "wake up kit" for 385$. They look things over, check the delivery pressure, and advance timing to 12-14 for street, and put in a plate. They also said sliding them full forward can actually restrict fuel?

I already have the plate in and a new over flow valve w/ a new lift pump so I know my delivery is good. They wanted 300 to time it. They also mentioned valve lash is something they will check and adjust for another 125.

I'm thinking I want to time myself, I've seen plenty on the boards about that so I'll do some research, but I haven't heard anything about lash. Any comments or suggestions as to thier viability?
Old 09-18-2007, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by siebertl
Called the performance shop in milwaukee. I read them my sig and they had a few comments.

They did not like the fact that I have a 3k GSK in. They said they do not install those and instead remove the pump and tweak it on the bench. I haven't heard anything negative here, so I'm wondering where they are coming from?

They provide a "wake up kit" for 385$. They look things over, check the delivery pressure, and advance timing to 12-14 for street, and put in a plate. They also said sliding them full forward can actually restrict fuel?

I already have the plate in and a new over flow valve w/ a new lift pump so I know my delivery is good. They wanted 300 to time it. They also mentioned valve lash is something they will check and adjust for another 125.

I'm thinking I want to time myself, I've seen plenty on the boards about that so I'll do some research, but I haven't heard anything about lash. Any comments or suggestions as to thier viability?
call Garrett at Pure Diesel Power in Amherst, WI.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:06 AM
Banned

yes call Garrett...that shop is hoping you come in with your wallet and a jar of lube...

$125 to adjust valve lash WOW...its a 30 minute job for a first timer
Old 09-19-2007, 12:43 PM

Give garret a call. That shop sounds familer, another person that talked to them said his pump was weak and he needs it freshend up for 2,000. and they also tryed to sell him other stuff he diden't need. Garret only sell you stuff that will work for what you need.