Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Parts list for mechanical fuel pressure gauge on 2000 24V?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parts list for mechanical fuel pressure gauge on 2000 24V?

Does anyone have a list of all the parts needed to install a mechanical gauge on a 2000 24V? I'm told I'll need a banjo bolt and needle valve and all this other stuff that I'm not sure where to find.

thanks

Mark
Old 08-05-2006, 03:44 PM

CLICK HERE

try the link i posted bud. i think it'll answer all of your questions b/c i had the same question as you and this is the thread that i started and it answered all my questions. if it doesn't answer all of your questions, just ask and i'll be more that happy to help.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:57 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I hope you aren't putting it inside your truck,especially if it is an ISSPRO. I have had 3 lose the seal pressure & leak all over my dash & floor & put me temporarily on the side of the road. I like the electric Westach mounted on the fenderwell, with a line running straight to the VP44 via modified fuel lines.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by BIGHEAD
I hope you aren't putting it inside your truck,especially if it is an ISSPRO. I have had 3 lose the seal pressure & leak all over my dash & floor & put me temporarily on the side of the road. I like the electric Westach mounted on the fenderwell, with a line running straight to the VP44 via modified fuel lines.
I'll be running a mechanical gauge with the line ran right into the cab to the gauge, i'm not to worried about a leak and if it does I'll have a shutoff needle valve under the hood.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BIGHEAD
You and I seem to keep having differing experiences on stuff.

I've had great experience with my ISSPRO and horrible experience with electrical. All of my buddy's run ISSPRO and have for a long time and haven't had any problems. I ran a Dakota Digital fuel pressure with a VDO ($$$) sender and it died on me twice and once cost me a pump cause I thought it was the pump going out. I've got mine plumbed straight into the cab with nothing seperating it from the engine except a needle valve. After having the headaches I've had with electrical gauges (my aftermarket electrical oil pressure gauge is on the fritz) I'll never use them again.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:53 PM

i'm with you big blue, i believe that mechanical is the way to go. i've only been running my mechanical ISSPRO for a couple of months now but no problems yet. all i gotta say is, i don't like electrical guages-mechanical i love them, they're just so true, i guess you could say, they go straight to whatever you monitoring and it's the way to go IMO. and for the mechanical fuel pressure guages, i think running fuel in cab is the only way to go, to h@## with that isolator jazz, they always fail on us, and they're so darn expensive. and running fuel in the cab is the risk you take and as long as you have a shut off source, i believe it's ok, there's my 2cents and VIPERBLUELX i'd say just follow the instructions on the link i provided you and be done with it
Old 08-06-2006, 01:54 PM

oh, and BIG BLUE, a big CONGRATS on reaching that 10K posts, did you reach it last night like you wanted to?