Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

P7100 Coversion question

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 03:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wouldn't recomend bending or rebending you own lines. People have bent their own I know but not sure about rebending them. They hold ALOT!!!! of pressure and you dont want them to leak or get kinked. Haha worst case but could leak, squirt diesel on ur exh. manifold and yeah.....no good. The ones from Haisleys come pre bent with all the gaskets and risers for the intake horn so the 7100 fits under it for like 450. I believe a decent cam should be around there also. Lift pump brand new buy it now off ebay is about 150. I learned lots from the fellows (Jake, cumminspower, ect.. THANKS!!) that helped me in my thread about this, haha sorry I never was able to do it!!! Hope I'm helpin pass this info along anyway =D
TNutcher
Old 06-20-2006, 04:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by signature600
The 1996-1998 Manual transmission engines had injection pumps with one of two part numbers...one ending in 887, the other ending in 913. I don't know of any Dodge engine that used a 911 pump, but I have heard of them!

You can get a lot of different info depending on who you talk to....especially about the 9** pumps!

Chris

911 is NOT a 215!!! we just took of a 911 of a 98 12valve
AUTOMATIC! its rated at 180.

all i know the 180 does not smoke 1/2 as much as the 887 we just put on!
WE had our reason of swapping, and paying $200 difference!

as for bending lines, I know lots of people having done it! They dont have a single problem yet!

just today i talked with someone that has his 24v with a 215 and bent lines, he has been up to canada, and back here to mexico, lines still without a leak, and getting up to 22 MPG when controlling his foot!
Old 06-20-2006, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by storx
well im trying to get everything together and start buying the parts to do it all...If i can get by without having to buy a dang kit i would love to do that... I called the dealership and asked for the price of an timing cover and they said it be impossable to get one brand new, I asked why and he said they have been back ordered for months now and they dont make them but at one manufacture anymore....

This is the list of stuff ive come up with:
P7100 pump 708.00
timing cover unknown price
injector lines 450.00
brackets unknown still and not sure which ones will be needed yet still
new cam unknown price
new lift pump unknown price

Items i will be selling to offset price...
Edge Drag Comp
Smarty
FASS 150GPH
Hey storx I dont know about where you are but down here in Texas at the wrecking yards I can pickup a rebuildable complete core 12v for $500 and that solves a lot of problems, cuz then youve got all the brackets, both pumps, and the timing cover plus youve got a 12v head that you can sell and make a good 300 bucks, then theres the turbo if its good thats at least another 200 bucks then youve got a block that could possibly good thats a good $500 then youve actually made money... see what im sayin... cuz 9 times out of 10 the p7100 is going to be good. so if I were you I'd start looking for a rebuildable core motor. thats what I did with Mine and thats also what we did with my buddies. JMO

A HMR street puller cam from me would run you about 450

Lift pump at NAPA 175

Timing cover 270 shipped.

Jake
Old 06-20-2006, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by cummnz4x4pwr
Hey storx I dont know about where you are but down here in Texas at the wrecking yards I can pickup a rebuildable complete core 12v for $500 and that solves a lot of problems, cuz then youve got all the brackets, both pumps, and the timing cover plus youve got a 12v head that you can sell and make a good 300 bucks, then theres the turbo if its good thats at least another 200 bucks then youve got a block that could possibly good thats a good $500 then youve actually made money... see what im sayin... cuz 9 times out of 10 the p7100 is going to be good. so if I were you I'd start looking for a rebuildable core motor. thats what I did with Mine and thats also what we did with my buddies. JMO

A HMR street puller cam from me would run you about 450

Lift pump at NAPA 175

Timing cover 270 shipped.

Jake
you seem to know whats all needed.. can you possably generate a good list from your knowledge of parts and possably locations of where i can get them for the swap. Im not to worried about buying the tools to install this conversion but would like to know what tools i have to barrow from work to take home the day i decide to do this. Also im trying to educate myself as much as i can about this conversion since after i complete this conversion im im going to reroute the hoses for my second tank 105 gallon tank to run SVO "Straight Veg Oil" in which i already have mounted in the bed of the truck and routed as a secondary diesel tank for for biodiesel currently.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jake
where do you have the 12v timing gear? if how much? or where to get it?
Old 06-21-2006, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by 12valve
where do you have the 12v timing gear? if how much? or where to get it?
I order it straight from cummins
Old 06-21-2006, 01:20 AM

you seem to know whats all needed.. can you possably generate a good list from your knowledge of parts and possably locations of where i can get them for the swap. Im not to worried about buying the tools to install this conversion but would like to know what tools i have to barrow from work to take home the day i decide to do this. Also im trying to educate myself as much as i can about this conversion since after i complete this conversion im im going to reroute the hoses for my second tank 105 gallon tank to run SVO "Straight Veg Oil" in which i already have mounted in the bed of the truck and routed as a secondary diesel tank for for biodiesel currently.
Tools.
1. Gear puller for injector pump gear
2. A press to press the gear off of the old cam and press it on the new one
3. Timing tools mentioned above.
4. Just your Standard and Metric sockets and wrenches, ratchets etc...
5. 12 pieces of 1/2" dowel rod(this is to press into the top of the lifters so you can pull them up off of the cam in order to pull the cam)
6. plenty of rags cuz its going to get real messy.

Parts.
1. cam sensor adapter $75--me
2. timing gear housing $270--me
3. p-7100 pump and gear--??
4. Lift pump $175--NAPA
5. HMR Cam 427.50--me
6. HMR Injector Lines 451.20--me
7. Pump Brackets (I'm going to have to get prices on that one, Really shouldn't be a big deal to trck down.

Thats about it man, I don't think I left anything out but if I did somebody chime in.

Jake
Old 06-21-2006, 07:51 AM

Tools.
1. Gear puller for injector pump gear
2. A press to press the gear off of the old cam and press it on the new one
3. Timing tools mentioned above.
4. Just your Standard and Metric sockets and wrenches, ratchets etc...
5. 12 pieces of 1/2" dowel rod(this is to press into the top of the lifters so you can pull them up off of the cam in order to pull the cam)
6. plenty of rags cuz its going to get real messy.

Parts.
1. cam sensor adapter $75--me
2. timing gear housing $270--me
3. p-7100 pump and gear--??
4. Lift pump $175--NAPA
5. HMR Cam 427.50--me
6. HMR Injector Lines 451.20--me
7. Pump Brackets (I'm going to have to get prices on that one, Really shouldn't be a big deal to trck down.

Thats about it man, I don't think I left anything out but if I did somebody chime in.

Jake
"3. p-7100 pump and gear--??"
what the gear for???

"7. Pump Brackets (I'm going to have to get prices on that one, Really shouldn't be a big deal to trck down."
What brackets do i need... i wish i knew how i needed to make them, or does anyone have the ability to make them???

"cam sensor adapter"
what is this for???

ok so i start to add up the cose and this is what i got so far...

-------
1398.70 and thats not including the brackets....I wander what the kit comes complete with for 1550.00
Old 06-21-2006, 02:59 PM

how much are you selling the drag comp for and how much for the smarty
Old 06-21-2006, 03:08 PM

"3. p-7100 pump and gear--??"
what the gear for???

"7. Pump Brackets (I'm going to have to get prices on that one, Really shouldn't be a big deal to trck down."
What brackets do i need... i wish i knew how i needed to make them, or does anyone have the ability to make them???

"cam sensor adapter"
what is this for???

ok so i start to add up the cose and this is what i got so far...

-------
1398.70 and thats not including the brackets....I wander what the kit comes
complete with for 1550.00
I can also get you the kit from HMR if you need but it will not include teh cam sensor adapter. b/c I have a I have a patent on it. we designed it with CAD and cut them with a CNC Mill. It makes it to wher you can use the cam sensor for the tach, otherwise your tach will not work.

the kit also does not have the lift pump.

Jake
Old 06-21-2006, 08:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another thing I remember you will need is to plumb in an oil supply for the pump. Most of the time guys use the "T" oil fitting on 12v trucks coming from the vaccum pump feed line and the hose going to the p7100.
TNutcher
Old 06-21-2006, 08:58 PM

I can also get you the kit from HMR if you need but it will not include teh cam sensor adapter. b/c I have a I have a patent on it. we designed it with CAD and cut them with a CNC Mill. It makes it to wher you can use the cam sensor for the tach, otherwise your tach will not work.

the kit also does not have the lift pump.

Jake
ok, what do you recommend to use??? im thinking of droppping the mechanical lift pump idea and use an electric pump.... Im not sure yet. I can see the pro and cons but it seems most 12v big trucks ive seen in sled pulls have high volume high psi electric lift pumps.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:04 PM

ok, what do you recommend to use??? im thinking of droppping the mechanical lift pump idea and use an electric pump.... Im not sure yet. I can see the pro and cons but it seems most 12v big trucks ive seen in sled pulls have high volume high psi electric lift pumps.
Most of the guys down here running high psi are using the aeromotive pumps.

oh yeah and your going to need a $15 oil fitting for the back of the pump. you can this from schied just tell them what your doing. this is needed to make the oil line fit between the pump and the 24v head.

jake
Old 06-21-2006, 11:07 PM
The Guru

Ok, you can keep the 24v gearbox cover for the P pump conversion, you just need to machine it to fit the P pump? Where do you need to machine the gearbox at? This defueling thingy just makes me mad. My truck only pulls hard in third gear. My buddies 5 speed pulls harder from the start and spools the turbo so much faster than mine. As for the cam tach sensor thats on the VP, you can install that on the P pump right? The gear is the same as for the VP set-up. So what code comes up on the computer after this mod?
Old 06-22-2006, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
Ok, you can keep the 24v gearbox cover for the P pump conversion, you just need to machine it to fit the P pump? Where do you need to machine the gearbox at? This defueling thingy just makes me mad. My truck only pulls hard in third gear. My buddies 5 speed pulls harder from the start and spools the turbo so much faster than mine. As for the cam tach sensor thats on the VP, you can install that on the P pump right? The gear is the same as for the VP set-up. So what code comes up on the computer after this mod?
good questions

Quick Reply: P7100 Coversion question